Seeking advice

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

ndhook

Non-E

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:24 am

Seeking advice

I'm new to learning about Scientology. I have a family member who has become deeply involved in Scientology this past year. This family member's involvement has become very heavy, this person has a young child, and the rest of the family wants to avoid having this person involve the child in the church. I would love to get in touch with someone who used to be involved who can provide some advice about what to expect to happen.
<<

zooligist

Non-E

Post Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:05 pm

Re: Seeking advice

how involved are they? did they join staff?
<<

ndhook

Non-E

Post Wed May 20, 2015 2:25 am

Sorry for the delayed response. This person did not join staff, but has spent thousands, and is actively trying to involve the child contrary to the wishes of the rest of the family.
<<

zooligist

Non-E

Post Fri May 22, 2015 9:48 pm

no problem on the delayed response, mine was a majorly delayed reply.

I have found this resource to be incredibly helpful. https://www.freedomofmind.com/Services/help1.php

also, if this resource is not feasible for you and your family, try this one http://www.cultrecover.com, she works on a sliding scale.

Getting someone out of the cult can be extremely tricky, but there ARE things you can learn to help the process, more specifically, how NOT to attempt to convince them. The hardest part is getting the person to think for themselves, realize that this may take some time, but I firmly believe that these resources can help.

that is great news that they are not on staff!!!! :angelic: very good news! this means that the level of indoctrination isn't as deep as it could be. Please contact one of the sources i have linked, I have contacted cultrecover and have set an appointment for therapy for myself, it took me about 8 years after leaving the cult to realize that it was a cult.

it doesn't always take that long, but it's possible to get him into the free-zone scientology and that may be a good first step, but, I am not a professional, these sources i linked are, they have done this for years. I can say that in the small amount of information i have obtained it has rapidly increased my self awareness that I was victimized and taken advantage of in the most terrible way.

If you are religious, please pray, and as far as the involvement of the child, please seek professional consultation as to the best way to handle it. do not give up. every scientologist knows in the back of their mind that something is wrong, they just cannot look because they've been programmed not to. Your loved one still exists inside, the cult-identity is in control for now.

please keep me informed, i know this is horribly difficult.

stay strong.

Return to Introductions