[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Escape from San Diego :)

Escape from San Diego :)

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Graywolf

Non-E

Post Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:21 pm

Escape from San Diego :)

Greetings, all.

First, I would like to thank the three very brave women who started this site. Truly. I mean it.

I am a former staff member at the Church of Scientology of San Diego. ... wow, that's that's actually the first time I've said that.

Having said that, I'm never going back.

I was raised a Scientologist. Went to Delphi LA, Mace-Kingsley Prep and Pinewood Academy. Heavily recruited for the Sea Org, but didn't stay there. Ended up working at the Class V org for 9 years. Trained up to Class V Graduate auditor, interned. 10,000+ hours as an auditor. Nowhere auditing-wise, but that's to be expected. As long as the staff work, that's all they care about. Now, I don't care either. :)

The systemic and carefully constructed abuse is something I'm still peeling through, but I'm happier and better off than I've been in a long time. Every part of my personality and physicality was subject to attack. I took it personally.

For those looking to understand, or those newly out who want to know what the *&^% happened to them, I highly recommend Lawrence Wright's book, "Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood & the Prison of Belief." It's a very generous look at the church, quite frankly, but I learned a lot about things I had only known pieces of before. It was extremely therapeutic. Context and motivation are important.

I'm here for me, now, to be able to say what actually happened to me. And for others who might read this and have questions. Do ask.

Thanks for reading and for participating in this site!

Rita

:liberty:
<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:10 am

Re: Escape from San Diego :)

Hi Rita, welcome. :)
Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)

Return to Introductions