[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Amy & Astra !!

Amy & Astra !!

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

SuperstarNeilC

EPFer

Post Mon May 12, 2008 6:40 pm

Amy & Astra !!

<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Mon May 12, 2008 6:52 pm

Amy and Astra .. very beautiful women .. and looking a lot more cheerful than most SO members do ...

Whats with all the boards?
<<

SuperstarNeilC

EPFer

Post Mon May 12, 2008 7:08 pm

<<

Amy

Clear

Post Mon May 12, 2008 8:37 pm

PROTEST STORY MAY 10

Hi guys!! Thank you, and yes that's Astra and I who both attended the protest together. Unfortunately Jenna couldn't make it this time, but she was with us in spirit and supports everyone who could make it out there.

This protest was exceptionally good for me. The reason being that the two people you see me speaking to are both OTs who I knew very well as a teenager. I was dating their son's best friend and I'd spend the night at their house a lot, hang out there and swim and watch movies. Their other son is in the Sea Org at the Hemet base. They are very good people, but have NO CLUE just like most other Scientologists how messed up it is at Int and in the Sea Org right now. I am glad I got to talk to them and at least tell them that their son if he ever chooses to leave there will be declared and they will be in the same shoes me and my parents are in. I don't think that sat very well with them, not to mention the loads of info Marc Headley gave them about their son and conditions at Int. Every piece of truth is planting a seed of question in their mind!!

I also ran into good ole Jean Dale. She is the older blonde that was hanging around those two. She is also an OT, and I've known her since I was 12. She was the Producer of a performing arts group connected to Celebrity Centre called Kids on Stage for A Better World, and I used to sing and dance in this group when I was 12 till I was 15. I had a nice chat with her as well and let her know why I left, and that it was the best PTS handling I've ever gotten.

None of them knew what to say to me. They kept trying to tell me I could handle it and do my A-EE steps to get undeclared an SP, but I explained that I have no intention to be a Scientologist, and just want to be in communication with my family, so why should I have to pay the 40,000+ bill to the Church to be back in good standing again?? They didn't know what to say and just stopped talking to me at that point. Plus, they are under the impression the people protesting are big SP terrorists, and to see sweet old Amy out there who they know is a good person, is also not adding up for them.

I also saw several old friends of mine, Alex Inzel who was one of the guys trying to wash the windows. Astra and I both knew him and said hello and told him we were out here to support him if he wanted to leave. I also saw Caroline Spada, Karin Hvass, Heather Gross/Riddle, Larry Christensen, and of course the security guards Andy and Franck.

It was a good time and thanks to everyone who showed up. One thing I would suggest is that the yelling at Scientologists doesn't do any good. I spoke to these people in a friendly respectful manner and they listened. If you are screaming, they will just block it all out. Remember guys, we are not attacking these people, we are trying to get them to ALSO see the truth and leave like we did. We were once brainwashed like them and being screamed at by a bunch of protesters didn't do it, at least for me. It was actually Marc Headley who befriended my husband and I and told us story after story, fact after fact, truth after truth that was undeniable and perked my interest to look on the internet and find out for myself. Just a tip.
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Mon May 12, 2008 9:03 pm

Re: PROTEST STORY MAY 10

<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Mon May 12, 2008 9:12 pm

The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

LronIsgonE_Snap

Suppressive Person

Post Mon May 12, 2008 9:25 pm

Enjoy your life today,
For time is fleeting.
<<

Kone

Non-E

Post Wed May 14, 2008 9:09 am

<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Wed May 14, 2008 5:57 pm

I have been thinking about this, trying to figure out what would have likely gotten through to me when I was in the sea org at the HGB. I remember walking down the street once and having two guys walk up to me, salute hitler style and yell "hail L Ron". It scared the crap out of me, I was only about 15. But it did not make me want to leave, just made the outside world seem scary.

I think that continuing to speak to them in a calm and respectful manner is the best thing. You may think you are not getting through but I think you are. I think what you have done so far is great. It is just not likely that you will see instant results. They may give us the evil eye, or even the finger, but hey, at least they are registering some emotion! I think us saying things like "It is okay to leave" "there are many people to help and support you when you leave" "we know about the long hours and verbal abuse, its okay to stand up for yourself" "you deserve better working conditions, pay and food and time with your family" "you have the right to leave if you want to".

People ranting and raving and yelling at sea org members just makes the outside world seem crazy to them and is not likely to get them to the place where they feel they can leave. You have to realize what an extremely controlled enviroment these people live in. Indivduality does not really exist, no freedom of expression. So I think the best approach is to keep talking to people calmly and rationally like Kone has been doing and in the end, we will get through.

Oh, and we've got to do something about crazy ranting angry pope guy.
<<

James McGuigan

Ghost in the Machine

Post Wed May 14, 2008 6:04 pm

Scientolgists are trained to internally justify and dismiss any piece of information or viewpoint that contradicts the viewpoint of the Church of Scientology.

Talking in a friendly and respectful manner is not going to change this fact, but it does at least remove one layer of internal justifications as to why they should not listen to you.

SPs are insane, will have hidden crimes, be nattery, use lots of generalizations, unwilling or afraid to confront the truth, are against people getting better, are unsuccessful, downstat, and are in general a nasty piece of work.

My own approach is to try and project the exact opposite of those SP indicators. This is why I choose not to wear a mask and remain as an individual. It would change the vibe I project and the vibe I internalise.

Be willing to speak my own truth without reservation, but with compassion. I have gotten over my own hang-ups on the idea of questioning the church and the hang-ups, and have enough self-confidence that I can speek my truth without requiring approval and agreement from the other person. Your own internal agreement with the taboo of questioning the Church will work against you in this respect. In this way I no longer project any overt/withhold symptoms from speaking about the issues I see, nor do I seem that I am holding anything back.

I do not try and convince others that they are wrong or try to enforce my own viewpoint. I do not engage in idle natter, but stick to the specifics. Usually I will try to explain my own point of view, not to make them agree with me, but simply to allow them to better understand me. I will also honestly listen to them, in order to better understand them. My aim is not to be their enemy, but rather to try and find a way to align our higher level aims, while rejecting any notion of comprimise on the lower level principals.
Freedom is a choice. Choose to be yourself, choose to speak your truth and do so with compassion. And above all else, choose to be not afraid. If I can't dance, its not my revolution.
<<

Kone

Non-E

Post Wed May 14, 2008 10:23 pm

<<

Wirestripper

OTIII

Post Thu May 15, 2008 7:45 am

James Monikers' Three Rules of life:
1. Desperation Breeds insanity
2. It can always get worse
3. Only crazy people win; Only winners can judge what is crazy
<<

Sharone Stainforth

OTIII

Post Thu May 15, 2008 12:03 pm

I agree about the yelling. The only yelling i do is when the Xenu van comes around and when vehicles honk their horns. Gotta show support.

Yelling at anyone whether in Scientology or not is not a good form of communication.There are always better ways.

Your doing a Great job Amy and Astra, keep it up.
Love
Sharone
the man who"wanted" to rule the world was a science fiction writer, who lived out his fantasies in real life.Some body some day will say this is illegal. It won't come soon enough.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WzE9Fzbrx3w
<<

SuperstarNeilC

EPFer

Post Thu May 15, 2008 12:32 pm

We could persuade "The French Spiderman" Alain Robert to clamber up the HGB and unfurl a huge ESK banner

<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Thu May 15, 2008 4:02 pm

<<

SuperstarNeilC

EPFer

Post Fri May 23, 2008 9:19 pm

<<

TheWiseOne

Clear

Post Fri May 23, 2008 9:59 pm

<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Fri May 23, 2008 11:11 pm

The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

hidden

Clear

Post Sun May 25, 2008 9:11 am

“You won't always be here. But before you go, whisper this to your sons and their sons - "The work was free. Keep it so."
~L. Ron Hubbard

International Freezone Association
http://internationalfreezone.net/
<<

Sharone Stainforth

OTIII

Post Sun May 25, 2008 5:35 pm

calling L. Ron Hubbard a con man is not correct its Miscavige thats the pain in the arse and con man

Miscavige is the con man now,but LRH most deffinately was the original conman.If it wasn't for the "friend" of mankind Laffeyette Ron Hubbard there would be no ex scientology kids.
the man who"wanted" to rule the world was a science fiction writer, who lived out his fantasies in real life.Some body some day will say this is illegal. It won't come soon enough.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WzE9Fzbrx3w
Next

Return to Activism & Campaigns