[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Ideas Needed! - How to get through to sea org members

Ideas Needed! - How to get through to sea org members

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Wed May 14, 2008 11:00 pm

Ideas Needed! - How to get through to sea org members

<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Wed May 14, 2008 11:09 pm

<<

outlander

OT8 Class 12

Post Thu May 15, 2008 3:19 am

<<

James McGuigan

Ghost in the Machine

Post Thu May 15, 2008 7:00 am

Getting through is hard work.

For me, though not in the SO, it required that I first confront a contradiction or official lie within the Church, which I could not justify away or simply ignore. Once you force a person to question their stable datum of the absolute goodness of the Church, questioning everything else becomes easier.

Gene Zimmer's report did this for me. Though it still took me another 2 years to finally become comfortable with openly talking about my thoughts a feelings about the Church and Scientology.

However repeatedly exposing people to some basic contradictions, over a long period of time may also have an effect. Questioning the Church is taboo, but talking or openly acknowledging these points with others is even more taboo. There is nobody you can trust to talk about it to. Once you get to this point, you are almost certain to get kicked out, your entire life gets turned upside down, you lose all your friends and the purpose you have dedicated your life to.

This is one of the reasons it is so scary to even allow yourself to start down the thought pattern of questioning things. Though once you have seen certain things, its often impossible to unsee them, even if you never admit it to anybody else.

Have a read of MUSICAL CHAIRS - INT BASE STYLE, to get an idea of how scary it can be when faced with the prospect of losing everything you have ever known: http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php ... ht=#275870
Freedom is a choice. Choose to be yourself, choose to speak your truth and do so with compassion. And above all else, choose to be not afraid. If I can't dance, its not my revolution.
<<

Sharone Stainforth

OTIII

Post Thu May 15, 2008 11:17 am

Would LRH degrade staff like this?

Yes, he would. Though as someone pointed out on ESMB, he usually got someone else to do his dirty work for him.

"A world without war, crime and insanity.......how do YOU justify abuse?

Clearing the planet.....There are more SPs than Scientologists-check out the stats.

LRH had young CHILDREN put in the CHAIN LOCKER on the "Apollo" IS THAT ETHICAL?

TOTAL FREEDOM is the RIGHT to ASK QUESTIONS!

SUPPRESSION OF FREE SPEECH IS THE SEA ORG!

WHEN IN DOUBT - QUESTION?

Do YOU really think HUMANS are just a lump of MEAT?OR DO THEY HAVE FEELINGS?
the man who"wanted" to rule the world was a science fiction writer, who lived out his fantasies in real life.Some body some day will say this is illegal. It won't come soon enough.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WzE9Fzbrx3w
<<

outlander

OT8 Class 12

Post Thu May 15, 2008 11:31 am

Sharon,

The point of "would LRH degrade staff like this" is as follows:

LRH is being turned into a God by current management to staff and public. This has been ongoing for the 25 years since his death. "What would Ron do?" is something that every staff member is conditioned to ask themselves.

It doesn't matter if LRH was prince or crooked pope in reality, what we have to deal with is how the Staff see him, how th SO see him. Most SO membes really love the Old Man. They will put up with all sorts of shit to honor his spirit. If that makes them think?
Create that of your life that which you would like to see in a changed world. Ghandi
<<

outlander

OT8 Class 12

Post Thu May 15, 2008 11:42 am

You have the right to have Children.

Forced abortion is bad.

You have the right to live where you want, to speak to who you want, and to do what you want.

Children are a wonderful part of life, don't let them pressure you into getting an abortion.

Any religion rich enough to buy all these buildings could afford to make accomodation for children of its staff if children and family were a priority.

You have the right so say no.

Secretely depressed about your post and conditions? You are not alone! Your thoughts are natural.

Doubt is part of the learning process and personal growth.

You have the basic human right to freedom of movement, freedom of thought and freedom of speach.

People out here are willing to help you. Many have already adjusted and are very happy.

Do you want to wake up to a smelly dorm mate for the rest of your life, or hold your beautiful baby in your arms?

Work security and professional respect is a basic human right.

It is safer out of the SEA Org than you are being told.

Why do so few execs survive on Post? In the outside world there are hundreds of thousands of successful career executives. Why don't they survive in Scientology and really boom Scientology?

Any Church that owns buildings like this can afford to pay staff a decent wage.

You have the right to expect decent pay for your labors.
<<

Sharone Stainforth

OTIII

Post Thu May 15, 2008 11:49 am

Have a read of MUSICAL CHAIRS - INT BASE STYLE, to get an idea of how scary it can be when faced with the prospect of losing everything you have ever known:

That is the problem with Scientology,just when you think it can't possibly get any worse, it always does.The above is horrendous. BFG certainly got that right. "Just another day in hell."
the man who"wanted" to rule the world was a science fiction writer, who lived out his fantasies in real life.Some body some day will say this is illegal. It won't come soon enough.

<<

outlander

OT8 Class 12

Post Thu May 15, 2008 11:56 am

Reviewing all this again, when I was in the SO for over 10 years, if someone denegrated LRH, I would automatically reject the statement. In my mind, if the old man was no good, then there was nothing, I refused to believe I invested most of my life in something no good, so I had to believe in LRH.

My research convinced me that not everything LRH did was bad or evil, particularily in the early days lots of people had a great time around him. His meglomania and delusional beliefs intensified over time.

I had to research a lot of stuff before I formed my current ideas on the old man, including personally speaking with members of his family, and dozens of people that personally knew him and worked with him, including my own God Father. I don't believe I was unique in this way.

To break a SO members blind loyalty to the SO, I think we have to drive a wedge between the current management and the perceived reality of LRH God. On their own, after they are freeto learn more and more truth.

Again in sales or pursuasion, it doesn't matter what we think or know, what matters is what the customer believes or thinks.

There are different publics that will perceive things in different ways. Tell the society at large about the weird nature of OT materials.

But if you want to drive SO members to independance, USE the LRH God image to our advantage, drive a wedge between the reality of their current situation and their image of the Ron God. Don't banty around the OT materials, because that causes instant mental rejection.

Astra, if when you were in, and there were a demnstration of people that had no "space alien cult" stuff, they just had genuine and real complaints about staff conditions and human rights conditions for SO members, would you have looked? I think I might have.
Create that of your life that which you would like to see in a changed world. Ghandi
<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Thu May 15, 2008 4:19 pm

<<

ImOut

OTIII

Post Fri May 16, 2008 3:23 am

Isn't it grand to be out!
<<

NoSOat10

OTIII

Post Fri May 16, 2008 3:48 am

Last edited by NoSOat10 on Sun May 18, 2008 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t get interested in real estate. Don’t get interested in the masses of buildings, because that’s not important.
L. Ron Hubbard, Lecture Series: Anatomy of the Human Mind
Tape: The Genus of Dianetics and Scientology
Tape#: 6012C31
31 December 1960
<<

James McGuigan

Ghost in the Machine

Post Fri May 16, 2008 6:50 am

Freedom is a choice. Choose to be yourself, choose to speak your truth and do so with compassion. And above all else, choose to be not afraid. If I can't dance, its not my revolution.
<<

Sharone Stainforth

OTIII

Post Sun May 18, 2008 5:00 pm

If 'We Come Back' where the hell is LRH?

This has got to be one of the biggest questions there is,he is overdue.

<<

NoSOat10

OTIII

Post Sun May 18, 2008 9:30 pm

Last edited by NoSOat10 on Mon May 19, 2008 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t get interested in real estate. Don’t get interested in the masses of buildings, because that’s not important.
L. Ron Hubbard, Lecture Series: Anatomy of the Human Mind
Tape: The Genus of Dianetics and Scientology
Tape#: 6012C31
31 December 1960
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Sun May 18, 2008 11:00 pm

<<

outlander

OT8 Class 12

Post Mon May 19, 2008 3:23 am

Last edited by outlander on Mon May 19, 2008 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

outlander

OT8 Class 12

Post Mon May 19, 2008 3:31 am

<<

outlander

OT8 Class 12

Post Mon May 19, 2008 3:36 am

<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Wed May 21, 2008 3:16 am

Thanks everyone for all the great ideas. I have cross posted to enturbulation.org so these ideas can be used on protest signs.

Return to Activism & Campaigns