[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - OP: Data Protection Shield - Oh the fun to be had.

OP: Data Protection Shield - Oh the fun to be had.

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

ScudMuffin

EPFer

Post Fri May 16, 2008 2:34 pm

OP: Data Protection Shield - Oh the fun to be had.

Relevant related threads. All the info you need is in them, there's an overview of the below the links.

Original Thread (long)
http://forums.enturbulation.org/26-t...aws-lulz-7983/

Newer ones (more concise, esp the second)

http://forums.enturbulation.org/12-c...-shield-13606/

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.p ... #post92815

The long and short of it is, we could do to scientology in the UK what they did to the IRS. The difference? They filled 800 lawsuits, we could file over 900. And that's just if everyone on the exscn boards did it. Add in the users ESK, Enturb, OCBM and others and multiply by four for maximum effect. That's before we include the non-posters/luddites.

How It Works:

If a company in the UK holds your data in any amount or form you can request they

a - stop processing your data - they are not allowed to hold any on you.
b - send you copies of ALL data they hold on you

this applies to any and all data whether it's a random passport photo to you're autobiography.

Failure to reply within 21 days from time of recieving the notice means they can get charged with breaching the Data Protection Act, they've already failed on two counts of this due to outed anons meaning they face two counts of breaching the DPA.

They have a total of 40 days to comply with your request. Failure to do that will mean they are in breach of the DPA. So if they make the same mistake again that'll be 4 counts of breaching the DPA. You can do this from overseas too, CoS in the UK would have no choice but to comply and the penalties for any mistakes they make are the same had someone from the UK posted the request.

Do you worry about increaced harrassment as a result and are outside the UK yet inside the EU? Don't worry, that's proof they're transferring data on you to your country. If they don't tell you they're doing that it's a breach of the DPA and they get charged. Outside the EU? They can't send you're data outside it without you're express consent. Breach of DPA. They get charged. They've failed to send you everything? Breach of DPA. Think they may have more info? Contact the relevant Govt members (via Embassy if need be) , get them to go down with a Police Warrant and if they find your data...yeah, you guessed it, breach of DPA Charges etc.

Thing is, this isn't just applicable to the UK, the DPA (or linked forms of it) are in force across Europe. The Information Minister can stop the CoS holding any data on anyone in the UK. That'd seriously mess them up BUT it could also spark a Europe wide ban. No org could hold any data on anyone in the EU fullstop!

IRS that was small fry, the DPA is much tougher.
Scud Muffins: One Hell Of A Taste Explosion
<<

ScudMuffin

EPFer

Post Fri May 23, 2008 1:07 am

<<

ScudMuffin

EPFer

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:25 pm

OK, CoS has fallen foul on four counts of DPA breech, time to get this going. Folks. Check OP for likes to full details, I'd suggest running through the ex-sci message board for ex scientologists, enturb for any anon.

Will not be updating this, though make a post to say if you'll be doing this to help keep track of the numbers.

And say thanks to Asagi and Anonyunderpants while your at it too.

Ok, you know what to do

<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:41 pm

<<

outlander

OT8 Class 12

Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:52 pm

I secretely wish I was european too (but not French), fascinating idea, awesome idea, if we had laws to support this in the USA ... I would get behind it ... I would love to get back all of my information.

Lawanon ... is there anything like this we could initiate in the US?
Create that of your life that which you would like to see in a changed world. Ghandi
<<

lawanon

Clear

Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:13 am

I object.
<<

outlander

OT8 Class 12

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:40 am

Lawanon,

Thanks for your time and consideration. Would really throw a wrench in their works if we could initiate something like this in the US.

Records I know they keep on us is:

Ethics files. Everthing bad you did or were accused of. Written report for each time you were late, didn't get your status up, or pissed off the wrong person. Mine, from my 10 year career was about 5 bankers boxes.

Personnel files

Medical files

PC files (confidential and non confidential counseling and confessional 0- sec check information)

CF/Addresso mail files. Every letter ever sent by any person into Scientology organizations is kept in hard form, microfiche, or electronically.

OSA has a complex data base that gets information on reports and movements of pretty well everyone in scientology looking for connections and backdoors into people "of interest". This goes as far as newspaper and magazine articles, etc. The old days when we did it on paper, it was called a cross file index done on index cards. When I left, I spent much of a year helping develop an automated system that was intended to secretly capture details from commuication on the church intranet.

I am curious as to what you find!
Create that of your life that which you would like to see in a changed world. Ghandi
<<

lawanon

Clear

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:49 am

Excellent leads! I'll look into them. I was going to do it yesterday but I posted something about the clergy-penitent privilege in one of stuckin's threads instead. Can't remember which category (general chatter or introductions maybe). You may be interested...
I object.
<<

outlander

OT8 Class 12

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:13 am

Return to Activism & Campaigns