Research for potential minimum wage class action lawsuit

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:22 am

Well, on that front, if this actually went to court I don't doubt that we could dig up a few hundred people to testify as to how they were treated. So if this gets any further along, you just let us know.
Us rabbits? DO something? - Wind in the Willows
<<

Scarf

EPFer

Post Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:19 pm

Anyone still looking for a copy of the Sea Org Contract?

Whoops Caps lock was on
http://wikileaks.org/leak/scientology-f ... er-osa.pdf
It's on p. 6 of 208. it is from a while back though.
Now these three things are for always: faith, hope and love, and the greatest of these is love.
<<

evan

EPFer

Post Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:23 am

Another devil's advocate point, but couldn't the SO just say you were a religious volunteer, and didn't legally have to pay you at all? I'm not sure exactly what's in the contract and how it defines the basis of the relationship or if wage is talked about, but I mean, couldn't I just walk to a soup kitchen and live there without them being obligated to compensate me?
"And stay happy!" - Philip Gale
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:04 am

The answer is in the question; Work contract. Free religious volunteer work doesn't need a contract, you show up, do what you want, leave, come back when you feel like it.

The closest thing to what the SO contract is like, is missionary work, which is compensated, and preformed in liveable conditions... even in 3rd world countries.
The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
Previous

Return to Activism & Campaigns