[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - London Protest 13/12/08

London Protest 13/12/08

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Sharone Stainforth

OTIII

Post Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:14 pm

London Protest 13/12/08

Today was a truly EPIC day despite the awful weather.I gather that Queen Victoria street was a washout and anons retreated to a pub.

The weather abated somewhat and anons and OG turned up at TCR. For the first time there was no Police presence upon our arrival.I wonder if they thought we wouldn't turn up.Fortunately it takes more than bad weather to stop anons from protesting.

Initially there were no barriers either for us to stand behind but this was soon remedied and we were caged in when the Police arrived.The Police as usual, were friendly and courteous, and from the looks of some of their faces highly amused.

Today also there was a small presence of $cientologists inside the Dianetics center, i counted 3.

The anons mostly had Santa hats and a few full Santa costumes and one anon handed out Santa hats to children and young ladies, this went down very well.As always there was cake and sweets handed out and even though it rained quite hard at times and people didn't stop to talk we managed to hand out masses of leaflets. Many people nodded and said "we totally agree with you".

Trying to move behind the barricade with so many umbrellas proved difficult, but the anons carried on regardless and much fun and laughter was had by all.Some anons were soaked through.

The anons at the front of the barricade enturbulated the $cilons through the megaphone and played music, "chocolate rain" being one of my favorites.

A couple of times the head Policeman wasn't happy with the megaphone being so loud and asked for it to be turned down, each time he started the conversation with "are you the one in charge?"to the anons who answered with "no one is in charge".This must be a difficult concept to understand.

Towards the end when we were packing up to leave, a $cientologist in the building was watching. He stood and stared and I stared back, eventually he sat back down to hide behind the carefully placed bookcase, I could just see his hands sending a text with his mobile phone.

Wet, cold and in need of refreshments we all set off for the pub.There was much talk of the days events and also of times long ago in the "world according to L. Ron Hubbard".

For those of you wondering, Terril and I did talk and although we will never see eye to eye on "the tech", I can see from what he said that the cult of $cientology is caught up in an ideology, long ago written by LRH and that the trap is to keep people going round in never ending circles.It's a NO win situation........ unless you see it and get out.

At the end of the day, having spent time with some dedicated,fun loving and extremely hard working anons who devote so much of their time and energy into bringing to light the abuses committed by $cientology, I am humbled and it is a priviledge to know all of you.

Interestingly, three SPs walked past the Dianetics center on their way home and it was business as usual. One lone woman stood in the doorway, the man I mentioned earlier was still sat behind the desk.She wondered if we'd like a "free stress test". I couldn't help but laugh. She smiled back, a beautiful smile and I wonder if she's fairly new.

Sad,on a very wet and cold night at about 8pm and this woman is standing in a doorway trying to get people into the org.What a waste of a life.

All in all a very good protest to end this year. We'll be back in January and then February will mark a full years protesting by anonymous.For all you people that haven't protested for a while, it would be nice to make February as big and EPIC as the original in 2008.

Wishing YOU ALL a very Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year!

Until the next time.......

love
Sharone
the man who"wanted" to rule the world was a science fiction writer, who lived out his fantasies in real life.Some body some day will say this is illegal. It won't come soon enough.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WzE9Fzbrx3w
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:09 pm

The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

LronIsgonE_Snap

Suppressive Person

Post Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:26 pm

Enjoy your life today,
For time is fleeting.
<<

Sharone Stainforth

OTIII

Post Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:33 am

I've actually been thinking about going to a February protest. We'll see how much money I have, and if there's time off that I can use for it, would be a lot of fun to be back and celebrate the one year anniversary

That would be really cool. It would be good to see you.
the man who"wanted" to rule the world was a science fiction writer, who lived out his fantasies in real life.Some body some day will say this is illegal. It won't come soon enough.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WzE9Fzbrx3w

Return to Activism & Campaigns