Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:47 am

Common Questions from Anonymous

Hey Guys,

There are a few questions that Anonymous usually sends us, I figured I'd answer them here.

Q: Can I use the quote ______ from your site for fliers / signs / protests?

A: Yup. It's on the internet. Go for it.

However, please try to ensure that you're not taking anything out of context. If you're not sure of the context, write us for verification.

Q: Will you help me write / edit something?

A: Probably, but we get a LOT of requests for this and we usually take about 2 weeks to turn a piece of writing around, so if you need something urgently, please let us know by putting "URGENT" in the subject line of your email. Don't forget to provide a deadline.

Also, if you write us about helping you out with writing/editing and you don't hear back, please send a reminder after 5 days.

Q: Will you help me hook up with ex-Scientologists from my area?

A: We'd love to do this, and we do try, but to be honest, we don't usually know where the people on our site are from! I highly recommend you check out the Scientology Critical Directory at http://www.xenu-directory.net/

Q: I have some media contacts interested in doing a piece. Will you help?

A: Yes.

Q: I have some media contacts interested in doing a piece, but they only want someone from the local area. Can you help hook us up?

A: We'll do our best! If we don't know anyone from your area, we'll put up a post on the board and make it a sticky. Also, check out the directory above.

Q: I want to write my local radio / TV station and recommend that they have you on. Is that OK?

A: Sure. That doesn't mean we'll definitely do the show, but between the three of us, someone is usually available and willing to do any engagement.

Q: I know people at a small community radio station / college paper. Are you willing to do stuff for smaller news outlets?

A: We love DIY and community newspapers! So yes. Kendra and Astra usually handle these kinds of requests.

Q: Why didn't you write me back?

A: We try *really hard* to get back to everyone. Sometimes stuff slips through the cracks, as we're insanely busy. Please just re-send your email.