How about a "Disconnection" forum/message board?

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Modemac

Non-E

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:21 am

How about a "Disconnection" forum/message board?

Disconnection, of course, is a major reason why this very site was founded; Jenna and Kendra might not be here if not for that policy. Furthermore, Anonymous is going to be spotlighting disconnection over the next few weeks with its new "Operation Reconnect" campaign. Therefore, I would suggest that a board especially for discussion of disconnection would be most useful for this site.
<<

anonypanda

OTIII

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:27 pm

In principle not a bad idea. But the "Your Story" section sort of does this.

Though, in essence not a bad idea to have a section specifically dedicated to disconnection.
Far east Anonymous.

我们匿名
我们军队
我们不会原谅
我们不会忘记
预期我们
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:05 pm

Like I said, forum spawning out of control. If I see a need for this at some point, I will certainly do it. It's a good idea.
Us rabbits? DO something? - Wind in the Willows
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:53 pm

OK, here's a bit of a tweak to the idea, not a discussion about Disconnection, but a reach out section.

Kinda like the Non-registered users sub-forum, a place where people (both on the inside and outside), can come and post the name (full name, first name, nickname, etc.) of the person they are reaching out for, and their affiliation with the person (father, mother, son, daughter, sister, brother, etc.).

The reason for this tweak is this little idea from Enturb;

anonymous_benefactor wrote:Just an idle thought, but would it be worth picking up a few 'guestbook' notebooks or similar, and offer anyone who as been disconnected the chance to write a message to their scilon loved one?

We then post the messages on a public site, and then publicise it heavily at the next rally. Impact would depend on if you could get enough people who have been affected and passing by to sign up. Probably not, but if we could start a guestbook style thing on the reconnect site and upload the messages, it could be a useful tool to the disconnected, and a nice PR win for us.

Otherwise, any other suggestions on the reconnect theme?
The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is

Return to Site & Forum Suggestions