How to dispel the "what's true for you is true for you&

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Anonypeg

Non-E

Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:55 pm

How to dispel the "what's true for you is true for you&

Hi there,
I'm glad this site has a forum dedicated to questions.
My question is this: Scientology frequently uses the "What's true for you is true for you" statement, and is the basis for their claim that they are an interdenominational religion. However, the only example I know of this is the confidential theory stated in OT III regarding other religions (withheld out of respect).

My question is this: are there any examples prior to OT III that falsifies the "what's true for you is true for you" myth?

Thank you in advance.
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:35 pm

Yes, KSW (Keeping Scientology Working) does.
And you can't be doing any other "practices" while getting Scientology auditing.
"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

Walker.

Clear

Post Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:34 am

One time i asked my scilon mom "Hey if its true for you that right now you are sitting on a piano flying through space, is it true?" She had nothin.
And this just feels like spinning plates
Our bodies floating down the muddy river
-Radiohead
<<

bosshog

Clear

Post Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:02 pm

Re: How to dispel the "what's true for you is true for

Anonypeg wrote:Hi there,
I'm glad this site has a forum dedicated to questions.
My question is this: Scientology frequently uses the "What's true for you is true for you" statement, and is the basis for their claim that they are an interdenominational religion. However, the only example I know of this is the confidential theory stated in OT III regarding other religions (withheld out of respect).

My question is this: are there any examples prior to OT III that falsifies the "what's true for you is true for you" myth?

Thank you in advance.

Not sure but scions sure don't like it when you say 'what is NOT true for you is NOT true for you as A Lerma suggested it on his site for deprogramming.
<<

James McGuigan

Ghost in the Machine

Post Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:19 am

Walker. wrote:One time i asked my scilon mom "Hey if its true for you that right now you are sitting on a piano flying through space, is it true?" She had nothin.

John C Lilly had a slightly more nuanced understanding of this:
In the province of the mind what one believes to be true, either is true or becomes true within certain limits. These limits are to be found experimentally and experientially. When so found these limits turn out to be further beliefs to be transcended. In the province of the mind there are no limits. However, in the province of the body there are definite limits not to be transcended.
Freedom is a choice. Choose to be yourself, choose to speak your truth and do so with compassion. And above all else, choose to be not afraid. If I can't dance, its not my revolution.
<<

speckledtrout

Clear

Post Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:17 am

To be fair, I not only left the church but converted to another faith, and my parents lived up to the what's true for you is true for you schtick.

However, the first sentence out of their mouth was "Well, at least you can still be a XXX and a Scientologist!" :wink:

To respond more directly to the question:
I think that you can most easily dispel it by saying ok, well that is true for you, and this is true for me, and thank you, goodbye. No explanation needed, just kick their own TRs back at them. As for their being something in the dogma, well yes, it is all over. There are many sentences saying, for example, if you truly understand this or that, then you won't be sick, or you won't be unhappy. (if the being is cause the being cannot fail). So clearly they think that since you can only succeed in life if what is true for them is ALSO true for you.
<<

Alonzospep

Non-E

Post Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:28 pm

How to dispel the "whats true for you is true for you

i am sure you have a meter, why not check it for a month, you might be getting a deal.
Remember the saying, be careful what you wish for.

___

XRumer 12.0.16 + SocPlugin: the best software for Facebook / VK / Forums / Blogs promotion!

Return to Advice & Answers for Non-Scientologists