[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - sickness and accidents

sickness and accidents

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

ILuvThistles

Clear

Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:06 am

sickness and accidents

I was wondering what the belief is regarding cause of illnesses of all sorts and accidents or other bad things happening in life.

I have gotten the impression that the doctrine basically is that if you are sick or in an accident then you must be a PTS, which would indicate an SP in your life.

Is this true or is it more complicated than that?

Are there other possible causes of disease than an SP?

I'm curious about current CoS policy but also LRH teachings.

Thanks in advance,

lover of thistles
"For evil to flourish, it only requires that good men do nothing"--Simon Wiesenthal
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:54 am

According to LRH tech, PTS is the ONLY cause of illness.

It might not be current PTSness. Might be restimulated.
<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:15 pm

And also, one can be PTS on oneself, so that indirectly, illness can be caused by your own overts, but in all its just another form of PTSness. The "overt motivator sequence" is LRHs version of Karma, so to speak, and according to him, the "subconsciousness" is what holds it in place.

For example, in one lifetime you were mean to cats. In another lifetime you develop an alergy to cats, not only because of the overts, but also because the "subconscious morale" i.e the Dynamics of Life, that all strive for survival, are there to help hinder you from doing more overts.
"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
<<

NoSOat10

OTIII

Post Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:51 pm

This is the thing that gets me. If things aren't going well, Scientologists first try to clean up own their overts and withholds, and if nothing is found along those lines, the next area to look at is who you are PTS to. It becomes kind of a witch hunt in my opinion, trying to find the outside source of your problems. You are responsible because you are connected to this person, but really who is causing you to have these problems? Everyone becomes a suspect. I have a friend who would "list" constantly, trying to find the suppressive person they were connected to. Everyone would be on that list. It breeds a sense of distrust.

The other result of this is that it seems to make Scientologists minimize their problems in life because to have problems would be to admit that there are things you aren't handling. In the guise of "keeping your own council", Scientologist adopt a "fair roads, fair weather" attitude with each other and only discuss the things that are going well for them. It creates a level of dishonesty, because often there will be a white elephant in the room, like a job that someone lost or a severe car accident, and in conversations among friends, it will be unmentioned.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Don’t get interested in real estate. Don’t get interested in the masses of buildings, because that’s not important.
L. Ron Hubbard, Lecture Series: Anatomy of the Human Mind
Tape: The Genus of Dianetics and Scientology
Tape#: 6012C31
31 December 1960
<<

ILuvThistles

Clear

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:18 am

Thank you.

It reminds me of other groups such as faith healers, some "natural healers", etc. If you are sick or dont get better from their treatment then it's YOUR fault.

All you need when you feel bad is for someone to lay guilt and low self esteem on you.

eeyore
"For evil to flourish, it only requires that good men do nothing"--Simon Wiesenthal
<<

ImOut

OTIII

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:06 am

Re: sickness and accidents

Isn't it grand to be out!
<<

stuckin

OTIII

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:38 am

If someone has to teach you how to be happy , then you are not truly happy....Happiness is a state of mind.
<<

Public Clammer

OTIII

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:18 pm

Dear "Stuckin"

Yes, you do have lots to do - like locate a tough and sympathetic banker. Remember?

Looking over all the various stuff going on with you that you have mentioned here (which, I suspect, is only the tip of the iceberg) let me advance the tentative hypothesis that you are a "randomity junkie"!

Does that indicate? Maybe you could define "randomity" for the uninitiated.

Thought I'd forgotten 'bout you, huh? No way.
The Public Clammer!
<<

stuckin

OTIII

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:23 pm

Oh---I guess since we are in the non-scio area I'll spare you the processing past incidents....energy, space, density.....

To simplify I guess you're saying my attempts at resolving past confusions though my postings in this arena. My changes or graduations. For those not framiliar with scn randomity, it basically comes down to a way you act in a certain area.

In my case, I would say, the fact I'm more open to resolving my past confusions. Maybe to open and having more confusions. Could go either way.
If someone has to teach you how to be happy , then you are not truly happy....Happiness is a state of mind.
<<

ILuvThistles

Clear

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:54 am

OK, yes, I must admit I've become lost. :shock: That's ok. :D

I have more research to do. Don't feel a need to explain it all here.

Stuckin, I've been reading your posts and am thinking about you alot. I truly feel for you. My only advice would be to think with your head, not your heart and to plan, plan, plan. No sudden moves.

Anyway, about sickness, I've done alot of study of illness and the body and how it works.

It seems to me that immunity to contagious illnesses is a combination of:

genetics, diet, exercise, pollution, stress, and of course amount of exposure. But mostly stress. There is a chemical reaction in the body when we are under stress--which we all are at times. (there is good and bad stress, but the effect on the body is the same)

Then there is the bad place/wrong time.

there are some illnesses that are strickly genetic and some you just have a genetic tendency.

Also stress, illness, diet, etc. can effect cognitive ability which can effect our proneness to accidents.

So to me illness is mostly genetics and chance, combined with exposure, lifestyle, experiences, pollution, diet, etc.
Last edited by ILuvThistles on Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Public Clammer

OTIII

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:49 pm

To Iluvthistles

The Public Clammer!
<<

ILuvThistles

Clear

Post Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:15 am

PC, Thanks. Glad to hear you feel that way.

I always like a little "daily affirmation" :lol:

Yeah, I don't think I can afford to not be "lost". :wink: I guess it takes years and lotsa dough to learn all the lingo and the "theories". I ain't got that kinda time.

I appreciate everyone explaining the policy though.

Some have tried to convince me that it is just the "church" that I have problems with. But I am seeing clearly now that it is LRH ideas, theories, and policies also.

Loverofthistles,

PS. Not sure about artichokes. My screen-name is purposefully ambiguous.
<<

stuckin

OTIII

Post Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:55 pm

Thistles:

Even after years and hundreds of thousands of dollars in you can as you say still not " have all the lingo and theories". Scientology like it that way. Very reclusive and segratory. Don't think for yourself, know what we want you to know, and live how we want you to live, but give us your check.
<<

ILuvThistles

Clear

Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:32 am

<<

Public Clammer

OTIII

Post Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:29 pm

? for ILuv Thistles

Have you read Robert Vaugn Young's (ex-scn, now deceased) writings on the subject where he discusses the similarity to the abused wife?

If not, you should as he really did a great job in that piece as well as in all his other writings. Google will bring him up.
The Public Clammer!
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:59 pm

<<

outlander

OT8 Class 12

Post Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:00 pm

Kendra,

Excellent synopsis ...

But you might have missed training and PTSness.

If a person is not sufficiently hatted (trained), they can be the adverse effect. example. Learning to ride a moped, then jumping on a racing motorcycle on which you have no experience on acceleration, stopping, turning.

You will almost certainly crash.

If you crash you are PTS

Unless you are extremely happy, or exterior and not watching where you put your body ...

You are PTS if you are connected to us ...

So what happens if you are connected to people like us and you are keyed out and you are exterior, you are being reminded of past SPs, and you are insain?
Create that of your life that which you would like to see in a changed world. Ghandi
<<

ILuvThistles

Clear

Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:51 am

<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:12 am

<<

ILuvThistles

Clear

Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:14 am

Return to Advice & Answers for Non-Scientologists