[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Do Scientologists actually talk like this to each other?

Do Scientologists actually talk like this to each other?

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

HailXxxx79

Clear

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:04 am

Do Scientologists actually talk like this to each other?

Found this at http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shel ... us-08.html :

Two Scientologists meet on the street.

"How're you doing?" one asks the other.

"Well, to tell you the truth, I've been a bit out ruds because of a PTP with my second dynamic because of some bypassed charge having to do with my MEST at her apartment. When I moved in I gave her an R-factor and I thought we were in ARC about it, but lately she seems to have gone a bit PTS so I recommended she see the MAA at the AO to blow some charge and get her ethics in. He gave her a review to F/N and VGIs but she did a roller coaster, so I think there's an SP somewhere on her lines. I tried to audit her myself but she had a dirty needle and BIs and was acting really 1.1 so I finally sent her to Qual to spot the entheta on her lines. Other than that, everything's fine..."

There is not a Scientologist anywhere to whom this paragraph would not make perfect sense. Like a secret code, the language of Scientology helps members to identify and bond with each other, and creates an invisible but effective boundary between the cult and the world "outside."

Now, I know that "Scientologese" is pretty much its own language in itself, but this seems a bit over the top. Would two Scientologists actually talk to each other this way? Or is it just exaggerating to make a point?
"These barricades can only hold for so long." -R.E.M.

I will protest the Church of Scientology every month for as long as it takes for it to change.
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:24 am

<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:50 am

<<

chipgallo

EPFer

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:07 pm

<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:27 pm

The real question is, HailXxxx79, can you understand that paragraph?
<<

everfree

Clear

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:05 pm

>Would two Scientologists actually talk to each other this way? Or is it just exaggerating to make a point?

Maybe a bit overblown, but basically yeah.
<<

Clickman

OTIII

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:10 pm

If it's not fun and doesn't make you happy, DON'T DO IT !!!

School of Hard Knocks
<<

LronIsgonE_Snap

Suppressive Person

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:42 pm

Enjoy your life today,
For time is fleeting.
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:54 pm

<<

ahnonnymaus

EPFer

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:45 pm

I always found the redefinition aspect of it a little creepy. I'm used to some amount of bizarre jargon (believe me, I balked when I started hearing DBT terms like 'reason mind' and 'body mind', sounded disturbingly newage hippy spooky), but you do get used to it. Like memes!

But the redefinition is just asking for a great divide between insiders and outsiders-- like the 'reasonable' definition (if I understand it correctly, it's somewhat derogatory-- basically being 'reasonable' means you'll drop your guns and surrender to your opponent's demands.. or do I have this backwards? Something about someone giving up something).
Never alone.
<<

chipgallo

EPFer

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:50 am

Let me quote from the administrative dictionary AKA "Modern Management Technology Defined," by L. Ron Hubbard:

REASONABLENESS, 1. illogic occurs when one or more data is misplaced into the wrong body of data for it. An example would be "Los Angeles smog is growing worse so we fined New York." I am sorry, madam, but you cannot travel first class on a third class passport." Humanoid response to such displacements is to be reasonable. A new false datum is dreamed up and put into the body of data to explain why that datum is included. (Reasonableness is often inserted as explanation of other out-points also.) In the smog one, it could be dreamed up that New York's exports or imports were causing L.A. smog. In the train one, it could be inserted that in that country, passports were used instead of tickets.
2. faulty explanation 3. ..4. deleted

[end cite]

There, does that help? I should also note that an "out-point" means very specific things as defined in the DATA SERIES, a group of policy letters reputed to have been written by another but credited to Hubbard.
<<

HailXxxx79

Clear

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:41 am

"These barricades can only hold for so long." -R.E.M.

I will protest the Church of Scientology every month for as long as it takes for it to change.
<<

bushkaGND

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:58 pm

<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:38 pm

<<

Jenna

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:59 pm

<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:44 am

<<

Alvin Tostig

Clear

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:26 pm

"Every religion has its problems and detractors, but when most EVERYONE sees that yours is a cult and a scam there just might be a real problem..."

- AnonyK23 at lulznw dot com
<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:17 am

Re: Do Scientologists actually talk like this to each other?

<<

dwest

Clear

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:03 am

<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:35 am

Man, I forgot how I used to talk!

Not only I have personally had conversations like this, I've been worse!
You see, this conversation could easily occur between two "tech terminals" as someone pointed out, and I'm one of those... but if you add in Sea Org lingo too, you get really outlandish!

I remember once having a comm cycle I mean conversation and laughing with my friend, because it suddenly occured to us that we had not used a SINGLE word that a "normal" person would understand.

Now it's not so funny. It's taken me years to lean to speak English. I still have to sometimes ask for a translation, by describing a definition to my husband and getting the normal word from him.
Next

Return to Advice & Answers for Non-Scientologists