[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - I need help too.

I need help too.

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

herenow

Non-E

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:51 am

I need help too.

<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:20 am

<<

vfp

EPFer

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:21 am

Re: I need help too.

<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:23 am

<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:46 am

Agreed, your mom is not being Fair Gamed, though she is being treated cruelly.

Keep your doctor in the loop on this, and above all, do what you feel is right for your mom.
<<

dwest

Clear

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:04 pm

<<

outlander

OT8 Class 12

Post Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:21 pm

Create that of your life that which you would like to see in a changed world. Ghandi
<<

bosanova72

Non-E

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:51 am

i need advice

<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:32 pm

Re: i need advice

"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:03 am

Remember that to a Scientologist, all life is effected by you, not the other way around. It's like the idea of positive thinking taken waay too far. Basically, if you say "mom's much worse this month" then the Scn is probably going to get mad/annoyed with you for "creating" that reality. It's a bad case of denial. As long as they can think positively and not let in a shred of doubt, they can force they universe to follow their will. If they fail, it's because they didn't do it hard enough (or someone like you countered their thinking). Sounds a bit crazy, doesn't it?

Plus, in Scientology you just don't learn how to deal with situations like death or Alzheimer's or anything like that. Any compassion you naturally have is driven out or you or supressed because any sympathy or "agreement with the situation" is wrong. I'm watching this play out with my grandparents and mother. My grandmother has severe Alzheimer's to the point that she doesn't recognize us anymore. My grandpa is in better shape but he's 90. My mom is in complete denial that anything is wrong, that they are aging at all, and doesn't come around them much because she can't face it. It cracks her permanent "everything is not just good it's FANTASTIC" Scientologist grin.

And also, remember that humans deal with things differently, whether they are in a crazy cult or not. Sometimes even grown-up kids have a hard time knowing what to do with their aging parents or sick family members. A lot of families fight over those sorts of situations, and what to do afterward, regardless of Scientology. It is unfortunate.

Try using the word "confront" with your brother. Scientologists have a big thing about being able to confront anything. Tell him he needs to confront the situation/reality or something, that might push his buttons enough to get through a little bit. Maybe try telling him he needs to really look around and ask questions and really see what the problem is instead of assuming anything from the get-go. (They have terms for that but if you use them he will get suspicious because normal people don't.) Try to stay calm -- Scientologists tend to assume anyone being upset or hysterical or angry is irrational and will not listen to a word you say.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this. I think the advice to get yourself power of attorney/executor whatever it's called is a good idea. You probably have a struggle in front of you, but hopefully if you try to do your best for your mom it will work out for her. I'm sorry I don't have better advice for you.
Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)

Return to Advice & Answers for Non-Scientologists