[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Contradictions between source material and practice

Contradictions between source material and practice

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

TonyMeman

EPFer

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:52 pm

Contradictions between source material and practice

<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:47 pm

<<

thkaal

Clear

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:57 pm

Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here
to the castle beyond the goblin city to take back the child you have stolen. For my will is as strong as yours and
my kingdom is as great!

You have no power over me.
<<

Enrico Entheta

Non-E

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:00 am

<<

anonypanda

OTIII

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:23 am

I was under the understanding that one of the old guard was actively compiling a list of contraditions?
Far east Anonymous.

我们匿名
我们军队
我们不会原谅
我们不会忘记
预期我们
<<

Randomness

Non-E

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:21 pm

I do what I must because I can.
<<

Jo

EPFer

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:39 pm

<<

SaintBastard

Pirate

Post Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:45 am

It was my experience in the SO that, for whatever reason, people were often incapable of applying standard policy. Everything from "new non-E" to the most central tenets of their Justice system. Shortcomings, real or imagined were harped on ruthlessly, regardless of your personal statistics (the supposed standard of how heavily or lightly "ethics" were applied).

I remember the release of "The Golden Age of Tech" and thinking to myself, "This is not standard Scientology" and it immediately transformed auditing from a fluid series of processes applied by another person, to a robotic application of lists and sequences. It is little more sophisticated than what you have to do to beat Super Mario Bros. in 11 minutes.

Some VERY good auditors remained out there. They remained good because they truly did communicate with their PCs, they truly did understand and remained non-judgmental. Their presence is/was not an un-blinking countenance but a thinking feeling human who was insightful in their own right. THAT is the "x factor" that was/is consistently overlooked when comparing two auditors with the same standard of training but would get varying results.

The re-release of the basic books is just a further indication to me that RTC and CSI are moving further and further away from Hubbards works. Without an author around, all that is left to do is re-package and re-sell the same material. The revisions, of course, are not attributed to Hubbards writing style but to editor errors and that semi-colons really do make the difference between true understanding and failure to understand.

The revision of the RPF program in the late 90's is another example of the explicit alteration of Hubbards works into something just as arbitrary, legally permissible but much more strict and strenuous.

At any rate, I am about to ramble so I'll STFU now.
The power to destroy a thing is the absolute control over it.

Frank Herbert

Return to Advice & Answers for Non-Scientologists