False rumors about me on IMDB

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:34 am

False rumors about me on IMDB

I received the following private message on IMDB last week. I have not aired the issue publicly there and don't plan on it, but I do wonder what people here might think of it. To protect the innocent until proven guilty, I have omitted names other than my own.

------
DRE, XXXX was sending around the following private message:

I have to tell you what's going on with me so you can be careful as well.

There's a relatively new poster on the Valkyrie board who is, along with ******, attacking me left right and sideways. At first, I couldn't figure out what was going on until I realized who the person is. It's $$$$$$. Not sure if you are aware of who $$$$$$ is, but she is a person who was on the board for awhile who came in as a critic and ended up a bit like DRE. A qualified defender of Scientology because she is involved or "friends" with many Scientologists. She did her best to get personal information on many people on the board. It didn't work with me and I think that frustrated her. Eventually, she hooked up with ********. Literally. She admitted that to me via PM at the time. They are "engaged".

Anyway, thru conversations with my Scientology contacts, I have found out that she, $$$$$$, DRE and some others are now attempting to bull bait and fair game me in an effort to find out who I am in the real world and to keep me from posting here. They desperately want to know who my contacts are on the inside and are hoping that, in anger, I tip my hand. I work with Co$ members just getting out and I have been an active critic for 5 years. They have "promised me" via PM that they will find out who I am and shut me down. Scary, huh?

Thought you should know that this stuff is going on here.

Love, XXXXXX
----
I have been going back and forth with XXXX all evening in PMs asking her to please quit lying. She is making up all sorts of stuff that I know is just not true. IF you are working with Scientologists at this point I really don't care. I am now being accused of colluding with you, though. So if you are (and you seem very decent) can you please set the record straight on me? If you are not...just know that she is now basically setting you up to have everything you say be disregarded because her "sources" have told her that we are all Scientologists.

I sent ####### (friend of me and XXXX) the actual screenshots so she can't lie about them. I said I wouldn't show them. If ###### would like to show you...

Well...you may want to know what XXXX said and you have every right to be as angry as I am. I wrote IMDB and tomorrow I am writing Amazon.
----

For the record, I, DRE, was not involved in any such conspiracy against anyone. Nor am I now. I sent no threats of exposure to anyone either. Nor would I even consider it. I don't care to know things about people they won't publicly admit. I also have respect for those who work to counsel former Scientologists and other traumatized folks. XXXX is no exception to that rule, even though we have not gotten along in the past. It's partly because of my respect that I try to discourage ignorance and blind hatred of the Co$ online. I don't think it helps anyone to foster a "blame the victim" culture with stuff like boycotts, name-calling, and false conspiracy stories. I don't know what evidence XXXX thought she had when she circulated this letter, but I am faithful it had little basis she did not imagine. I told the woman who sent me the PM tip all this and she calmed down. :)

Thoughts on this, anyone? The people whose names I ommitted have been sent PMs.
<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:55 am

Re: False rumors about me on IMDB

ok
Last edited by Anonymous9104 on Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:27 pm

I didn't write half this message. Someone else wrote most of it and I cut and paste what was sent to me, then added my own commentary. Nice try but I'm not making this up.
<<

gogogadget

Clear

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:31 pm

Seems like a message you'd want to handle privately, if at all, Anon.
<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:00 pm

I am handling it privately. I just want people to know the event happened. Scis aren't the only ones who threaten others with lies.
<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:46 pm

go gaget was talking to me Dre, because it wasn't polite of me to say that to you... sorry, I just couldn't read it, the intro wasn't clear to me or maybe I'm half idiot...
<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:59 pm

Sorry. I understand. I post here to sort out my issues and prove to people that I am not a Scientologist. I hate that I have to display such proof. I've been a good writer for years. Some think my stories are an acquired taste but they've never used your argument that I can recall.

Return to Harassment & Threats Notice Board