I'll be on WEtv August 19th discussing life as an Ex-Scn!

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Amy

Clear

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:51 pm

I'll be on WEtv August 19th discussing life as an Ex-Scn!

I am doing a show that airs August 19th on WEtv (Women's Entertainment) at 10/9C. It is called Secret Lives of Women and is concentrating on "Extreme Beliefs". My segment is on Scientology and what I have been going through due to their disconnection policy. Our very own Jenna (one of my very bestest friends!) and also my husband Nicholai also make appearances!

You can check out the website and my blog here:

http://www.wetv.com/secret-lives-of-wom ... eliefs/amy

I don't have access to any of the other sites, so please spread the word and re-post wherever you can!
<<

LronIsgonE_Snap

Suppressive Person

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Terrific blog, Amy. I'm very glad you are forging ahead with your life and making the most of it. I will be watching WEtv next Tuesday evening. If nobody else does it first, I'll try to remember to bump this thread next Tuesday to remind everybody. EDIT: Since this was wisely made into an Announcement, bumping the thread is obviously superfluous. So watch on Tuesday, people!!
Last edited by LronIsgonE_Snap on Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoy your life today,
For time is fleeting.
<<

Clickman

OTIII

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:52 pm

Fantastic Amy! I look forward to seeing the TV show and will alert all my former Sea Org and Scientology contacts to watch!

It is very brave of you to speak out. We are all proud of you!!!
If it's not fun and doesn't make you happy, DON'T DO IT !!!

School of Hard Knocks
<<

Oshana

EPFer

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:33 pm

Wow, that is awesome Amy. I really admire what you are doing.
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:47 am

Wooo! Go Amy GO!
Us rabbits? DO something? - Wind in the Willows
<<

Jeninkc

Non-E

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:53 am

That's great! It's on in 7 minutes! I'm looking forward to it.
<<

Clickman

OTIII

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:42 am

Amy,

I just finished watching the show and you, Jenna and Nicolai did a fantastic job telling your story!!

You all look great and I wish you the best of luck with the new born on the way.

The show was really informative about what happened to you. Everyone should watch it if they get the chance!

:D
If it's not fun and doesn't make you happy, DON'T DO IT !!!

School of Hard Knocks
<<

LronIsgonE_Snap

Suppressive Person

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:15 am

Yes Amy, I certainly agree with Clickman's comments. You were very relaxed and comfortable on camera and came across very well. It was the first time I had seen Nicolai. I'm sure you will make outstanding parents. It was also good to see Jenna there supporting you. It looked like you two were having a lot of fun on the beach. :D
Enjoy your life today,
For time is fleeting.
<<

outtech

Non-E

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:55 pm

If you missed it, here's the youtube link to Amy's segment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuSEC8g03vY

*edit* Vimeo (high quality): http://www.vimeo.com/1566022
Last edited by outtech on Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

MLWilde

Clear

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:59 pm

Bravo girls! Bravo.

And thank you outtech for putting that video up so fast!
<<

outtech

Non-E

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:37 pm

MLWilde wrote:And thank you outtech for putting that video up so fast!

No worries, someone on enturb was good enough to edit the segment.
<<

Top Grunge

EPFer

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:41 pm

Oh wow! Amy and Jenna! I can't believe they showed how suppresive you two are!!! Like, having lunch outside at a cafe....and walking on the beach! What terrible things people do outside Scientology!

---end sarcasm here-----

Way to be! Thanks to you kids TVs are flashing "SP = Suppresive Person" and "Disconnection" in big bold letters on the screens of TVs across America. Great job, You all are why.
<<

invisible

ESK Reporter

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:04 pm

outtech wrote:If you missed it, here's the youtube link to Amy's segment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuSEC8g03vY

*edit* Vimeo (high quality): http://www.vimeo.com/1566022

Thank you for posting this link. Wow. Amy, I'm sorry that your family hasn't come around. I hope they do, sooner rather than later. You are a brave young lady. It looks like you are very happy. YAY!! Much happiness to you.
"Be the change you want to see in the world."
--Gandhi
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:29 pm

I do hope your family sees what's going on Amy and decides to come to their senses and leave the church.

I'm glad this showed what it did but it seemed to leave more questions than answers. Lots of missing information about how cruel they can be about the disconnection policy and what Scientologists are allowed to think about it.
It wasn't as negative and truthful about the church as I was hoping.
"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

MLWilde

Clear

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:08 pm

Iknowtoomuch wrote:IIt wasn't as ... truthful about the church as I was hoping.

That's what feature length documentaries are for :wink:
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:20 pm

A very good job
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:36 pm

MLWilde wrote:
Iknowtoomuch wrote:IIt wasn't as ... truthful about the church as I was hoping.

That's what feature length documentaries are for :wink:

We need one so bad.

Well done and don't take my critisizm as such. I realize all you really want is your family back.
"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

Amy

Clear

Post Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:10 pm

yeah

Thanks everybody, I thought it turned out pretty good. Unfortunately, they took out specific abuses that I did talk about and it had a few errors, but overall it was pretty good. You never know how they are going to spin things. They obviously chose to highlight the family disconnection which I think for them was a smart move due to their demographics and such.

IKNOWTOOMUCH, don't worry, I may have more in the works..........but truth be told, I could sleep at night knowing the past abuses I've beared because I am now OUT of it, but every night when I lay my head to my pillow, for me it's another day my mom, dad, brother and sister refuse to talk to me because of Scientology. It is constantly reminded so it does stick out for me.
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:37 am

Re: yeah

Amy wrote:Thanks everybody, I thought it turned out pretty good. Unfortunately, they took out specific abuses that I did talk about and it had a few errors, but overall it was pretty good. You never know how they are going to spin things. They obviously chose to highlight the family disconnection which I think for them was a smart move due to their demographics and such.

IKNOWTOOMUCH, don't worry, I may have more in the works..........but truth be told, I could sleep at night knowing the past abuses I've beared because I am now OUT of it, but every night when I lay my head to my pillow, for me it's another day my mom, dad, brother and sister refuse to talk to me because of Scientology. It is constantly reminded so it does stick out for me.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean that to go over on a personal note, that's why I added the socond post.
I'm not in a position to say what I said as I can't speak out.
Thank you for doing what did do.
Kids are awesome, you'll love being a mom! Congrats!!!!
<<

free1996

EPFer

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:39 am

Great job!!!! I was reading your blog and notice you said you love singing???what kind of singing can you do? Can we hear a demo???
Next

Return to ESK & Scientology in the News