Huge Story about David Miscavige in the St. Petersberg Times

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

CherryTree

OTIII

Post Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:25 pm

Culzheimer disease :D so hilarious! But I agree. If you gonna lie at least make it plausible. The funniest thing is how Tommy Davis reacts to the accusations: the Sea Org is not a democracy things so funny and sad at the same time. Well I'm not sad, we should just let them dig their own grave :D
just when you thought it's all wrong it proved otherwise
<<

non-Sci bf

EPFer

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:17 pm

these articles were amazing. i can imagine for someone who doesn't know anything about the CoS it might all sound absurd. i haven't had first hand experience like so many of you, but having studied it for the last six months, none of the information is a surprise to me (sad to say).

I hope other people can see how ridiculous Tommy Davis is. It seems like when a group only ever has one tactic to reply to critics - "total lies" - that the strength of their argument would be seriously diminished.

anyways... I'm so happy someone had the balls to publish these stories. but what happens next? i'm already dumbfounded that sites like ESK and so many others exist, major articles have been published previously, and still no one who has any real power to act will LISTEN! how do we make this one count? how do we make sure some action is taken? It would be so outrageous for these allegations to go uninvestigated.
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:32 pm

Check WhyWeProtest.net for the answer to your questions
The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

LronIsgonE_Snap

Suppressive Person

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:25 pm

Just Bill, my favorite blogger, comments on the CoS response to the SP Times revelations.

http://askthescientologist.blogspot.com/2009/06/scientology-reveals-its-true-self.html

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Scientology Reveals Its True Self

Just today, the St. Petersburg Times started their newest series on the Church of Scientology. This looks to be a very informative series of reports and I highly recommend it.

But I want to highlight the Church of Scientology's response. Their response is exactly the same response they always present -- it's all lies, these people weren't there, they are horrible people, blah, blah, blah. And the church presents "evidence" of how horrible they are ...

Hold on, don't go past this very key and revealing point!

Catholic priests have taken a lot of heat over the years because they will not ever disclose what was said to them in confession. I'm sure that, sometimes, it has been very, very difficult for them to adhere to this principle -- but they do. Information from confessionals must be kept confidential and, against all external pressure, and maybe even against their own desires, they keep the information completely confidential.

And here we have the Church of Scientology. Time after time, when the church feels attacked, they can't wait to force a parishioner's confidential, secret and discreditable information on the press! The press doesn't want it. But the church forces it on them.

This action, repeated again and again by the Church of Scientology, under direct orders from their leader, David Miscavige, reveals the true nature of the church and the true reason the church keeps such careful written and even videoed records of all their member's "confessionals".

Blackmail.

Once you have "confessed" to a Church of Scientology "auditor" -- and they do insist that you do so, regularly and often -- you will be forever in their power.

Unlike a real religion, the Church of Scientology can and will use anything and everything you confess against you.
-
Posted by Just Bill at 10:00 AM Labels: Church of Scientology, Confessional, David Miscavige
7 comments:
Just Bill said...
Just read a comment on the newspaper article that is worth paraphrasing:

When you picture these "confessions", do not picture a Catholic confession. That isn't what's actually going on.

A more accurate picture is of a Communist re-education camp "confession". You "confess crimes" that you are expected to confess, not what really happened and not what you really did.

Because this is what these "confessions" really are, the exposure of them by the church is even more heinous!

The remainder of the comments (see link above) are also well worth reading.
Enjoy your life today,
For time is fleeting.
<<

LronIsgonE_Snap

Suppressive Person

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:56 pm

They had a very good discussion over at ESMB on how current Scientologists will be impacted by the SP Times series.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=12098

HelluvaHoax opened the thread with the following:

Have you spoken to any Scientologists about the electrifying whistle-blower expose in the SP Times? I have.

This afternoon I had a long conversation with a SCN who was down at Flag. Near the end, when they felt very comfortable, I casually asked what they thought about those St. Pete Times articles.

This is a very intelligent and loving person, someone I am related to, that I got into Scn decades ago. In essence they emphatically said that is was "completely crazy!"
Enjoy your life today,
For time is fleeting.
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:01 pm

Ofcourse the story is going to have no effect on them. The best we can hope for is for some of the lesser public to go "umm...what the fuck, this isn't what I signed up for".

This article is meant for the wide audience outside the CoS, those that once laughed at South Park, and now get to see the dead serious truth behind it all. Like a friend of mine said after I told him about the article, and in particular Rathbun's decision to burn the evidence on Lisa McPhearson; "I knew that this stuff was bad, but that's fucking serious." (He is not anon, and all he knows about this is pretty much what I've told him plus some simple reading he's done on his own.)
The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

non-Sci bf

EPFer

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:29 pm

this CoS PR "rebuttal" of the SP Times expose is such a disaster. My jaw dropped when I read it.

Psycopaths make Terror in Scientology

The secret Church files on these formerly-respected psychopaths reveal that they had admitted crimes in their confidential confessions to the Church. Once these psychopaths started criticizing the church, the Church had no choice but to reveal their criminal secrets. These developments should warn all critics who turn against the Church that they can not expect to hide behind the 'secrecy' of their confidential Church files.

WHY would you so openly tell your followers that the confidentiality is a LIE! I mean, we all know it is, but how could you be so stupid to openly admit it!?

Unbelievable. I'd like to hear the opinion of a PR professional in the real world, about how this was 'handled.'

Here's the rest of the "Rant:" http://www.rantrave.com/Rant/Psycopaths ... ology.aspx
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:20 am

Keep in mind that the mindset of those in will swallow the PR stunts from the CoS whole. The people who react are those on the outside.

Look at it this way; The CoS is a sinking ship that will never get more passengers, but they're still trying to convince the rats into staying till the very end.
<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:56 am

I read this article when it came out, and was reminded of it just now. Very damning, especially if true, and I'm sure it is. I definitely didn't like reading it. I will for sure use it should I ever get back to my Sci celeb fanfic, too many other things going on in my life right now to worry about that for some time. I've been away from here too. Now I will say a few things I should have said when I first read the article. My sympathies to the victims, and my applause for their speaking out. My good wishes to them and those who support them unselfishly in the future. Amen.
Previous

Return to ESK & Scientology in the News