The difference of Freezoners

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Thu May 15, 2008 6:51 pm

The difference of Freezoners

Many have talked about Freezoners as the alternative to the CoS, but I've yet to have heard what the straight up differences between the two are.

What is it that the Freezoners do to avoid the tactics that the CoS uses?
What are the basic beliefs of a Freezoner, and how would these differ from a regular CoS member?
How does the Freezone conduct themselves to the public, does it even attempt to recruit?

My line of questions is longer than this, but that's the general gist of it. It can all be summed up in this question I guess;

What makes the Freezone a different and better alternative to the abusive CoS?
The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

Jo

EPFer

Post Fri May 16, 2008 12:09 am

You should watch the documentary with Hardeep Singh Kohli -- http://www.channel4.com/culture/microsi ... guide.html

He tries to investigate $ci, but they won't let him in, so he does the next best thing and hooks up with the Freezoners. It's a great documentary. It's online somewhere, but I'm not sure where. Google it.
<<

ImOut

OTIII

Post Fri May 16, 2008 3:30 am

From my one year experience with the Freezone/Ron's Org, it's cheaper, it's much more laid back - not too much pushing to be on service, it's not a huge organization (at least the group I was involved with), no membership dues, I was encouraged to read other material that was not from LRH, etc.

But still, it's LRH's tech, so it didn't fit my needs. I got away from that group also.
Isn't it grand to be out!
<<

hidden

Clear

Post Fri May 16, 2008 8:44 pm

Re: The difference of Freezoners

Orderous wrote:
1. What is it that the Freezoners do to avoid the tactics that the CoS uses?
2. What are the basic beliefs of a Freezoner, and how would these differ from a regular CoS member?
3.How does the Freezone conduct themselves to the public, does it even attempt to recruit?
My line of questions is longer than this, but that's the general gist of it. It can all be summed up in this question I guess;
4. What makes the Freezone a different and better alternative to the abusive CoS?

We stay true to the original tech as written by the founder L. Ron Hubbard.
The beliefs are basically the same however we only go by L. Ron's Original Tech.
A freezoner doesn't go out of their way to recruit however there are some that will tell their friends but thats about it. We are no different than say a Christian or Jew.
Freezone and the C of S have similarity's as well as differences. We are similar in that we both follow the tech however the C of S has Squirled or altered the original tech written by L. Ron Hubbard.
If you have any other questions please feel free to visit the website in my signature or even Google freezone for yourself.
Or you can PM or talk with me through here.
“You won't always be here. But before you go, whisper this to your sons and their sons - "The work was free. Keep it so."
~L. Ron Hubbard

International Freezone Association
http://internationalfreezone.net/
<<

TorontoAnonymous

Non-E

Post Sun May 18, 2008 1:48 pm

hidden wrote:
Orderous wrote:
2. What are the basic beliefs of a Freezoner, and how would these differ from a regular CoS member?
3.How does the Freezone conduct themselves to the public, does it even attempt to recruit?
4. What makes the Freezone a different and better alternative to the abusive CoS?

The beliefs are basically the same however we only go by L. Ron's Original Tech.
A freezoner doesn't go out of their way to recruit however there are some that will tell their friends but thats about it. We are no different than say a Christian or Jew.
Freezone and the C of S have similarity's as well as differences. We are similar in that we both follow the tech however the C of S has Squirled or altered the original tech written by L. Ron Hubbard.
If you have any other questions please feel free to visit the website in my signature or even Google freezone for yourself.

Do freezoners do the OT levels? if they do is it still something that isn't really talked about?
<<

Public Clammer

OTIII

Post Sun May 18, 2008 7:11 pm

traps - beware of...

A trap is a trap is a trap - regardless of where it is located. My opinion is that Hubbard was the ultimate trickster and if you assume the viewpoint of a trickster when reading or hearing him, you may be surprised with some new cognitions. It seems to me that his ego was so vast that he rather tells you all about it and laughs up his sleeve when you do not get it. Oh, he thinks he is so sly.

Could it be that the cognition for the final "OT" level might be:

"This is all bullshit!"

And the response of the auditor comes right back:

"if you can't take a joke, then fuck off!
The Public Clammer!
<<

TheWiseOne

Clear

Post Sun May 18, 2008 7:17 pm

Hey, keep it peaceful now, this is the pro- Scientology *edited by UG* forum, these people are free to be pro the tech here. The moderators respect their beliefs, especially on this particular forum.
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Sun May 18, 2008 8:47 pm

TheWiseOne wrote:Hey, keep it peaceful now, this is the pro- Scientology *edited by UG* forum, these people are free to be pro the tech here. The moderators respect their beliefs, especially on this particular forum.

Well, as a person who has posted on the Pro Scientology forum, you have to expect a certain amount of negative opinion when you do.

But that's okay.

If people have a true belief or certainty on some aspects of Scn (which I do) a little flaming doesn't really matter.
<<

hidden

Clear

Post Sun May 18, 2008 9:39 pm

TorontoAnonymous wrote:
hidden wrote:
Orderous wrote:

Do freezoners do the OT levels? if they do is it still something that isn't really talked about?

Yes, Freezone still has the OT levels
Its kinda like if you want to talk about it then you can but no one really does
“You won't always be here. But before you go, whisper this to your sons and their sons - "The work was free. Keep it so."
~L. Ron Hubbard

<<

hidden

Clear

Post Sun May 18, 2008 9:42 pm

Re: traps - beware of...

Public Clammer wrote:A trap is a trap is a trap - regardless of where it is located. My opinion is that Hubbard was the ultimate trickster and if you assume the viewpoint of a trickster when reading or hearing him, you may be surprised with some new cognitions. It seems to me that his ego was so vast that he rather tells you all about it and laughs up his sleeve when you do not get it. Oh, he thinks he is so sly.

Could it be that the cognition for the final "OT" level might be:

"This is all bullshit!"

And the response of the auditor comes right back:

"if you can't take a joke, then fuck off!

Well your free to belive what you like
I personaly am a Freezone Scientologist
an am willing to speak about my beliefs with anyone
Because like Mr. Hubbard said what good is knowlege if its kept to yourself
:D
~L. Ron Hubbard

<<

hidden

Clear

Post Sun May 18, 2008 9:44 pm

TheWiseOne wrote:Hey, keep it peaceful now, this is the pro- Scientology *edited by UG* forum, these people are free to be pro the tech here. The moderators respect their beliefs, especially on this particular forum.

Thanks for trying to help me Wiseone
:D
~L. Ron Hubbard

<<

Public Clammer

OTIII

Post Sun May 18, 2008 10:25 pm

pro and con

Gentlepersons,

Apologies for any excesses on my part. Truly, I was not in an especially negative mindset when posting. Games are just as Hubbard laid them out and he was a master of games and gamesmanship. "Pieces", "broken pieces", "players" and so on up to "maker of games".

Which do you think Hubbard considered himself to be?

I like games and believe that life is a game. Scn is described as a game by Hubbard - something I always liked about it. You decide whether the term "trickster" fits or not.

Indulge me and go back over the "Games and Spirit of Play materials" in a new unit of time. Considering all you know, ask yourself some questions, and decide if anyone ever really makes it (for very long, anyway) above "broken piece" in the overall game of organized Scn.

Have fun and indulge in some insouciance along with the dessert of your choice. My intention is to be helpful, instructive and to find some real players (and above) to have fun with. Now let me tell you what I know - in my book, you are at least a "player" simply because you are here and communicating. And, I am your friend.

Until next time,
The Public Clammer!
<<

Public Clammer

OTIII

Post Sun May 18, 2008 10:37 pm

strong recommendation

IMHO the documentary that Jo references in her post of 16May08 is one of the most wonderful things I've ever seen. Absolutely superb and right on the mark. A person without any Scn experience would learn much and be vastly entertained and not pushed in any direction pro or con.

If you can find it, set aside a good hour or two, and enjoy.
The Public Clammer!
<<

dwest

Clear

Post Mon May 19, 2008 7:27 pm

Since we are discussing the Freezone I have a question. What was David Mayo's relationship with them? Was his group part of the Freezone or a breakoff? Do they still use any of his OT material?
<<

TheWiseOne

Clear

Post Mon May 19, 2008 7:31 pm

Oh that video was great! I loved it. A must see for anybody who wants to get an inkling of what Scientology is like outside of management's constraints!

What was it called? Beginners guide to L.Ron?
<<

dwest

Clear

Post Mon May 19, 2008 7:36 pm

TheWiseOne wrote:Oh that video was great! I loved it. A must see for anybody who wants to get an inkling of what Scientology is like outside of management's constraints!

What was it called? Beginners guide to L.Ron?

Maybe I'm braindead from staying up last night studying for the LSATs but I don't see a link to the video on that webpage. Can anyone post the link to the video if there is one. Thanks.
<<

TheWiseOne

Clear

Post Mon May 19, 2008 7:55 pm

<<

hidden

Clear

Post Wed May 21, 2008 7:21 pm

dwest wrote:Since we are discussing the Freezone I have a question. What was David Mayo's relationship with them? Was his group part of the Freezone or a breakoff? Do they still use any of his OT material?

By David Mayo I'm guessing you mean Miscavige and we by no means have anything to do with him and his corperation. The C of S has Squirled the original Tech written by L. Ron Hubbard and therefore we have nothing to do with them.
Freezone is a break off of the C of S we have no connections with them. Freezone uses the OT matterial as written by Mr. Hubbard ^^
~L. Ron Hubbard

<<

TheWiseOne

Clear

Post Wed May 21, 2008 8:15 pm

I remember watching a video of David Mayo on Youtube. He was giving a speech, and I am sorry, but I could not understand a word that came out of his mouth. He was using huge words, and whatever his speech was about , I really could not understand, he was very vague.

I remember , when I was in CoS, my fellow TTCer and me were looking up second dynamic and she told me that David Mayo got declared because of the definition that he put in the Technical Dictionary for 2D. He included bisexuals in the definition of 2D. To a certain degree I understand, because two same sex people don't add to procreation, I mean, nowadays, it is possible because you can adopt and you can be sperminated, but back then that didn't seem likely, and I think it has more to do with the relationship of any two people that can extend their genetic material or memories through children or building a life together. I am sure they have changed up the definition by now.
<<

NoSOat10

OTIII

Post Thu May 22, 2008 12:42 am

My 1967 printing of Fundamentals of Thought includes the same bisexual reference. I don't think Mayo was around back then, was he?
Don’t get interested in real estate. Don’t get interested in the masses of buildings, because that’s not important.
L. Ron Hubbard, Lecture Series: Anatomy of the Human Mind
Tape: The Genus of Dianetics and Scientology
Tape#: 6012C31
31 December 1960
Next

Return to Pro Scientology