A vid I made with questions and Answers about Freezone

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

hidden

User avatar

Clear

Posts: 61

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 1:59 am

Post Mon May 26, 2008 12:00 am

A vid I made with questions and Answers about Freezone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlVXs7S_fng

feel free to post any questions that you'd like here
I will answer them to the best of my ability
~hidden
“You won't always be here. But before you go, whisper this to your sons and their sons - "The work was free. Keep it so."
~L. Ron Hubbard

International Freezone Association
http://internationalfreezone.net/
<<

Orderous

User avatar

Suppressive Person

Posts: 745

Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:46 pm

Post Mon May 26, 2008 12:04 pm

I will have a look at that vid when I'm not sitting in the laundry room, but there is one question I'm fairly certain the video does not answer;

Is there any source criticism within the Freezone?
The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

James McGuigan

User avatar

Ghost in the Machine

Posts: 396

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:42 am

Location: Between Reality Tunnels

Post Mon May 26, 2008 5:53 pm

Question: why is discussing the OT levels in the freezone considered taboo? Is there a logical reason? A spiritual reason? A practical reason? a PR reason? or is it simply a hang-over from the stricter CoS taboo on the subject?


PS. Without meaning to discourage you, and as a point of constructive criticism, in future it may be worth running through a few of the questions and answers before sitting down in-front of the camera. I'm not saying it should be scripted (which might detract from the presentation and vibe), but it would help to reduce the amount of umm'ing and arr'ing and improve the level of detail in your answers.
Freedom is a choice. Choose to be yourself, choose to speak your truth and do so with compassion. And above all else, choose to be not afraid. If I can't dance, its not my revolution.
<<

hidden

User avatar

Clear

Posts: 61

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 1:59 am

Post Mon May 26, 2008 10:40 pm

Orderous wrote:I will have a look at that vid when I'm not sitting in the laundry room, but there is one question I'm fairly certain the video does not answer;

Is there any source criticism within the Freezone?


okay.
From what I know of there isnt any :D
“You won't always be here. But before you go, whisper this to your sons and their sons - "The work was free. Keep it so."
~L. Ron Hubbard

International Freezone Association
http://internationalfreezone.net/
<<

hidden

User avatar

Clear

Posts: 61

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 1:59 am

Post Mon May 26, 2008 11:12 pm

James McGuigan wrote:Question: why is discussing the OT levels in the freezone considered taboo? Is there a logical reason? A spiritual reason? A practical reason? a PR reason? or is it simply a hang-over from the stricter CoS taboo on the subject?


PS. Without meaning to discourage you, and as a point of constructive criticism, in future it may be worth running through a few of the questions and answers before sitting doI was at a friends house and thywn in-front of the camera. I'm not saying it should be scripted (which might detract from the presentation and vibe), but it would help to reduce the amount of umm'ing and arr'ing and improve the level of detail in your answers.


The thing is your suppose to go in a certain order and if your not ready for it then it can lead to complications or so I've been told :D

Yeah sorry about that I was at my friends house and they came up with the idea that I make a video. So it was kinda thrown together. If I am able to make another then I will and I'll make sure to post it here too
Yeah sorry about that :D
“You won't always be here. But before you go, whisper this to your sons and their sons - "The work was free. Keep it so."
~L. Ron Hubbard

International Freezone Association
http://internationalfreezone.net/
<<

James McGuigan

User avatar

Ghost in the Machine

Posts: 396

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:42 am

Location: Between Reality Tunnels

Post Mon May 26, 2008 11:45 pm

hidden wrote:The thing is your suppose to go in a certain order and if your not ready for it then it can lead to complications or so I've been told :D


Guess I've always been a deep end type of guy. When trying to practice Scientology within the Church, too-long-a-runway was always a much bigger problem for me than too-steep-a-gradient.


Which leads me to my second question, which you may on may not want to answer:

What is your level of involvement with the Freezone, socially, technically and organizationally?

My guess from picking up on little clues, would be that you have semi-recently left/drifted-away from the CoS having grown up in Scientology, but received only basic levels of training and processing. That you have recently made a few contacts within the Freezone, and are starting to explore what it (or the part you are involved with) has to offer, having received some auditing yourself, but not being active as an auditor yourself within the Freezone.

Now I could be completely wrong about the above, and I don't want you to answer anything that could potentially jeperdise your "hidden" status, but I am curious to the answer to that question, so as to create a better frame of reference as to your point of view.
Freedom is a choice. Choose to be yourself, choose to speak your truth and do so with compassion. And above all else, choose to be not afraid. If I can't dance, its not my revolution.
<<

hidden

User avatar

Clear

Posts: 61

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 1:59 am

Post Tue May 27, 2008 12:14 pm

James McGuigan wrote:
hidden wrote:The thing is your suppose to go in a certain order and if your not ready for it then it can lead to complications or so I've been told :D


Guess I've always been a deep end type of guy. When trying to practice Scientology within the Church, too-long-a-runway was always a much bigger problem for me than too-steep-a-gradient.


Which leads me to my second question, which you may on may not want to answer:

What is your level of involvement with the Freezone, socially, technically and organizationally?

My guess from picking up on little clues, would be that you have semi-recently left/drifted-away from the CoS having grown up in Scientology, but received only basic levels of training and processing. That you have recently made a few contacts within the Freezone, and are starting to explore what it (or the part you are involved with) has to offer, having received some auditing yourself, but not being active as an auditor yourself within the Freezone.

Now I could be completely wrong about the above, and I don't want you to answer anything that could potentially jeperdise your "hidden" status, but I am curious to the answer to that question, so as to create a better frame of reference as to your point of view.


Yeah, I'm sorry but I'd rather not talk about that right now but I'll tell you this your very close :D
“You won't always be here. But before you go, whisper this to your sons and their sons - "The work was free. Keep it so."
~L. Ron Hubbard

International Freezone Association
http://internationalfreezone.net/
<<

TheWiseOne

User avatar

Clear

Posts: 126

Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 12:41 am

Post Wed May 28, 2008 3:08 am

I think that it would be good if you could redo the interview. And remind yourself of key questions you might be asked. I thought you hiding your face with that scarf was hilarious. But it would be nice if the video could be more articulate.


Hmmm... maybe I should post my own video on Youtube too. But I wouldn't call myself a Freezone or Cos member or any other Scientologist group. I should make up my own name for it. I am an Eight-O-Eightist. Because so far the 8 80008 books is the most brilliant of all the Scientology books I have read. It could be my bible. So, I'm not a Scientologist, I agree with many ideas, but I'm not Freezone or CoS, I am an Eight-O-Eightist!
<<

hidden

User avatar

Clear

Posts: 61

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 1:59 am

Post Wed May 28, 2008 3:51 am

TheWiseOne wrote:I think that it would be good if you could redo the interview. And remind yourself of key questions you might be asked. I thought you hiding your face with that scarf was hilarious. But it would be nice if the video could be more articulate.


Hmmm... maybe I should post my own video on Youtube too. But I wouldn't call myself a Freezone or Cos member or any other Scientologist group. I should make up my own name for it. I am an Eight-O-Eightist. Because so far the 8 80008 books is the most brilliant of all the Scientology books I have read. It could be my bible. So, I'm not a Scientologist, I agree with many ideas, but I'm not Freezone or CoS, I am an Eight-O-Eightist!



Well the reason I wore it wasnt for the value of funniness but yeah
maybe your right I should go in and alter it
like I said before it was at a friends house and it was kinda a last minute thing
“You won't always be here. But before you go, whisper this to your sons and their sons - "The work was free. Keep it so."
~L. Ron Hubbard

International Freezone Association
http://internationalfreezone.net/
<<

ptsAnnon

EPFer

Posts: 46

Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:43 pm

Post Wed May 28, 2008 10:41 am

hidden wrote:maybe your right I should go in and alter it

Don't Squirrel it! :)
On a more serious note though, if you don't mind me asking. Do you believe the tech to be religious or scientific writing? (I'm guessing you'll say it's both)
Cheers
<<

hidden

User avatar

Clear

Posts: 61

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 1:59 am

Post Wed May 28, 2008 5:14 pm

ptsAnnon wrote:
hidden wrote:maybe your right I should go in and alter it

Don't Squirrel it! :)
On a more serious note though, if you don't mind me asking. Do you believe the tech to be religious or scientific writing? (I'm guessing you'll say it's both)
Cheers


hahaha okay
but yeah I consider it both religious and scientific ^.^
“You won't always be here. But before you go, whisper this to your sons and their sons - "The work was free. Keep it so."
~L. Ron Hubbard

International Freezone Association
http://internationalfreezone.net/
<<

The Chief

Clear

Posts: 98

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:53 pm

Post Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:38 pm

I must come out of the corner on the side of science here. I'm really sorry if this offends you. Consider them religious if you must, but the works of Layfette Ronald Hubbard are not scientific. They are in terms of the scientific community pillars of pseudoscience. Ignoring that Mr Hubbard was a horrible horrible man, I'll explain what I mean.

Pseudoscience is the technique of taking common phenomena and imparting extravagant and unrealistic explanations to it with little or no rhyme or reason to those explanations. Say for example you see a plane flying. The actual explanation is due to the interaction of objects with certain angled surfaces moving at speed through air generating a force underneath the wing. I'll demonstrate this with a very simplified example involving one hypothesis.

Imagine though if someone said "it's a property of the metal. The metal when treated with this liquid becomes lighter than air at high speed."


You could then apply that to all metals. So you could have flying cars or wheelbarrows or anything. Now imagine if you tried to do that to a car and it didn't happen. What do you blame? A pseudoscience will come up for all kinds of explanations then. "You didn't do it right." "Ah, but recent research has shown that only this special brand of liquid will do it (availible from the Aerial Empowerment Organisation for a mere $59,999!!!)." If it then by some reason does work (say someone equips the car with jets on gimbals that can be directed at the ground) then that is down to the Tech. It is a no lose situation. A sufficiently complex set of rules write off every failure of the tech as some fault of the operator, and the rare successes show it work, despite other factors being involved in that success.

In this case not the fact that the car has bloody jets on it and can generate some lift thanks to massive quantities of air being forced against the ground. It's the liquid sprinked on the bonnet. The fact that the car can hover is questioned, since it clearly isn't moving at high speed. So from there, a theory that the liquid is somehow able to function given a constant current of air passing it is ratified. HAIL THIS NEW DISCOVERY! We've been doing it wrong for years, and thus do we continue the cycle.

Yet the more time is wasted on this mystical flying liquid, the more complex the rules become. You have to set fire to it as you apply it from only an angle of 32.53 degrees. Anything else will cause a flunk (meaning a failure to fly). Then they find out you need an exact temperature of 853.25 degrees celsius with a humidity of 19.4%. Fortunately the local AEO has such properties availible (the full Aerial Application Rundown availible for a cheap $49,995!). So then you do it, but then they decide that only certain types of people can apply this liquid because it reacts with your DNA and your DNA causes it to fail sometimes. Therefore there's a course which lets you get treated but it's HARD and it sends you through a Wall of Fire as your entire genetic structure changes to suit your flying car. You suffer no visible changes but it's $131,000. By transferring the blame to you, rather than the techniques they tell you work, you blame yourself. It's your fault the car can't fly.

Eventually the realisation that you've been conned hits you. You break off from the Aerial Empowerment Org and you're several hundred thousand dollars out of pocket.

Pseudoscience is the art of taking a hypothesis, never proving it, and expanding upon it until it reaches the point of critical mass where you can explain every single possible failure of the original theory through further theories. Like our flying car, there are some situations where the Hubbard Dianetics will function. However it has little to do with the Tech, or magic liquid, and more to do with the fact that circumstances were right.

Pseudoscience requires that someone not question the original premise. If someone said to me "treat your car with this and it'll fly" I'd ask them to explain how. If they just mumbled "it does" and I did so and it didn't, I would be very unlikely to accept any of their explanations why it did not. What's more if the premise defied what I already knew as to be physically true (that uplift is a simple derivation from newton's laws of motion) and did not function, I would logically conclude their idea is wrong.
<<

hidden

User avatar

Clear

Posts: 61

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 1:59 am

Post Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:01 am

Well Im okay with those who disagree with me
:D :) :D
“You won't always be here. But before you go, whisper this to your sons and their sons - "The work was free. Keep it so."
~L. Ron Hubbard

International Freezone Association
http://internationalfreezone.net/
<<

Detroit

EPFer

Posts: 11

Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:36 pm

Location: Detroit, MI

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:07 pm

Questionable

Im sure this has been answered somewhere but i would like to ask you. As a freezoner how do you justify following the writings of LRH while it was the same person that created the policies that so many of us protest. It is just a matter of picking and choosing what you want to believe or is there some other criteria. Or...God Forbid...do you still believe in the questionable policies.
<<

Grundy

User avatar

Sticky Master

Posts: 1067

Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:41 am

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:14 pm

Its an interesting question.

I think the interest is selective.
<<

hidden

User avatar

Clear

Posts: 61

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 1:59 am

Post Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:02 pm

From what I can tell from my experiences with it and from what Ive been told
Its a little of pick and choose
:D
“You won't always be here. But before you go, whisper this to your sons and their sons - "The work was free. Keep it so."
~L. Ron Hubbard

International Freezone Association
http://internationalfreezone.net/
<<

James McGuigan

User avatar

Ghost in the Machine

Posts: 396

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:42 am

Location: Between Reality Tunnels

Post Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:25 am

Then how much do you consider "the tech" must be kept pure and unalterated LRH, and how much do you see that it can be amended, corrected or built-upon where it makes sense, or combined with other techniques and ideas from outside?
Freedom is a choice. Choose to be yourself, choose to speak your truth and do so with compassion. And above all else, choose to be not afraid. If I can't dance, its not my revolution.
<<

ptsAnnon

EPFer

Posts: 46

Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:43 pm

Post Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am

I forgot to check back on this thread after posting, which was a pity as it is starting to turn very interesting.
The Chief made a great point (which I was building up towards with my question, but then I forgot to make it :D )
Also very interested in the follow up questions regarding the nuances of Hubbards legacy, great stuff.
<<

Tru2form

User avatar

Site Admin

Posts: 1204

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:56 am

Location: Beijing, China

Post Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:40 am

Nice vid. I like the head scarfy thing.

I have a question myself: what's the pricing scale of the Freezone? Is it up to every sup or auditor to come up with pricing?
Us rabbits? DO something? - Wind in the Willows
<<

hidden

User avatar

Clear

Posts: 61

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 1:59 am

Post Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:59 am

James McGuigan wrote:Then how much do you consider "the tech" must be kept pure and unalterated LRH, and how much do you see that it can be amended, corrected or built-upon where it makes sense, or combined with other techniques and ideas from outside?


Most of what I have read I consider to be true because it has worked for me and it has also worked for others
:D
“You won't always be here. But before you go, whisper this to your sons and their sons - "The work was free. Keep it so."
~L. Ron Hubbard

International Freezone Association
http://internationalfreezone.net/
Next

Return to Pro Scientology

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software