[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - HOW HAS SCIENTOLOGY IMPROVED OUR PLANET?

HOW HAS SCIENTOLOGY IMPROVED OUR PLANET?

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

rollette

Non-E

Post Mon May 12, 2008 3:12 am

HOW HAS SCIENTOLOGY IMPROVED OUR PLANET?

So this question is mainly for pro-scios, or people who think the COS has helped our planet. YOu know, growing up I've gone to event after event. During these events you are led to believe that the whole planet is improving because of the tech, and whole islamic countries are reading dianetics etc. Then you step into reality and realize its all hyped up propoganda by the church.
Of my whole life in scientology, I have yet to see one thing that the COS has done to help out mankind. WOW, Dianetics is now in 50 languages or what-not. And now the availability to BUY these books is on a global scale. But seriously, please someone tell me one specific thing that the COS has done to help out people on a FREE basis. Something that is making a difference or a change on the planet. Out here in AZ there was a big push for the Volunteer Minister course. All these people were supposed to be trained as volunteer ministers to help out society & volunteer their services... YOu know what?? NOthing has happened except people buying these courses & not helping out with shit. It's like the volunteer minister deal was a quick fad to make more money during 9/11.

So please tell me...And I want examples like scientology contributing to peace efforts across the globe, helping out homeless people, setting up charities for hurricane Katrina victims, tsunami victims etc. ANYTHING!!! I mean at least you get a free copy of the book of mormon or the bible. What do you get for free in scientology without having to sign a billion year contract??
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Mon May 12, 2008 3:25 am

<<

hidden

Clear

Post Tue May 13, 2008 2:04 am

I am not a member of the Church of Scientology however, I believe that the tech makes you look at life in a different way that makes people able to understand others. And through that understanding the tech helps people.
:D
“You won't always be here. But before you go, whisper this to your sons and their sons - "The work was free. Keep it so."
~L. Ron Hubbard

International Freezone Association
http://internationalfreezone.net/
<<

anonypanda

OTIII

Post Tue May 13, 2008 4:06 pm

Far east Anonymous.

我们匿名
我们军队
我们不会原谅
我们不会忘记
预期我们
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Tue May 13, 2008 4:39 pm

Yet more input from someone who haven't actually been a Scientologist.

The problem about Scientology helping on a grand scale in its current form is the way it needs to be applied; Hypnosis.

All tech and auditing is based on hypnotic techniques to a greater or lesser extent (should have bought the book on hypnosis earlier today). So to help the planet with the current state of Scientology (speaking from a CoS perspective), you would have to hypnotize the planet. This just isn't possible, because someone will realize that something is very wrong, not everyone is equally simple to hypnotize. In addition to this, much of the CoS Scientology is based around removing ideas, and construct a single line of thought and understanding. Which once again leads to someone understanding that something is very wrong (as Anonymous has for a much smaller scale).

However, should Scientology revert back to its originally planned self help form, I do see it as being potentially helpful in reaching a more zen like state in your daily life for quite a bit of the population in the western hemisphere who loves this kind of stuff.

As for the volunteer ministries, they fail the minute you realize that their version of medical service and helping with disease is a touch assist. Sorry guys, as someone with a medical based education I really disilike any and all "understanding" Scientology has about "helping" people with medical issues.
The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Tue May 13, 2008 5:03 pm

<<

James McGuigan

Ghost in the Machine

Post Thu May 15, 2008 8:02 pm

After the two recent natural disasters in Burma and China, the Volunteer Ministers sent out a call to action to get a number of Scientologists to drop everything in their day to day lives, and fly off to Burma and China to help those suffering as Volunteer Ministers.

So far Burma has not been accepting foreign aid workers, which has made the crisis even worse.

While I do agree that everything that can be done, should be done to help, and I do hope the VMs will be able to achieve something, I am a little sceptical as to how much practical help they will be. given the scale of the disasters, and the very practical needs of the people affected (ie food, water, clothing, housing).
Freedom is a choice. Choose to be yourself, choose to speak your truth and do so with compassion. And above all else, choose to be not afraid. If I can't dance, its not my revolution.
<<

hidden

Clear

Post Mon May 19, 2008 5:19 pm

“You won't always be here. But before you go, whisper this to your sons and their sons - "The work was free. Keep it so."
~L. Ron Hubbard

<<

TheWiseOne

Clear

Post Mon May 19, 2008 7:48 pm

<<

hidden

Clear

Post Sun May 25, 2008 8:50 am

~L. Ron Hubbard

<<

Sharone Stainforth

OTIII

Post Tue May 27, 2008 12:12 am

So please tell me...And I want examples like scientology contributing to peace efforts across the globe, helping out homeless people, setting up charities for hurricane Katrina victims, tsunami victims etc. ANYTHING!!! I mean at least you get a free copy of the book of mormon or the bible. What do you get for free in scientology without having to sign a billion year contract??

From what i can see the only thing you get for free in Scientology is a Free Stress Test.Looking at the people i have seen offering these Stress tests, they are the ones that need the stress tests.

After what happened to that poor girl in Norway, it would appear that the Free Stress Test is in itself an extremely dangerous test to do if a person is feeling stressed out to start with, along with the "we can help you handle that" and the hard sell to sell books and get people on courses, it is enough to put people under further stress.

At St.Hill in the 60s i think most people who joined Scientology genuinely wanted to make the world a better place and to help their fellow men and women. There were some great people amongst them.

When my Dad and i first joined the Ship everyone helped one another and again there were some really good people.I'm not sure at what point that changed ,but it did change,or it had been there all along but hadn't become apparent.I think the latter, due to Hubbards involvement with Crowley. There is no mistaking that Hubbard fled to the sea and set up the Sea Org in order to flee. He was able to get on with his plans for world domination without too much scrutiny from his "enemies". From early 1968 it was apparent to me that people were not being helped by Scientology but were being harmed,as time went on it got worse.

What i find really sad is that Scientologists still think today they are helping people. A heavily indoctrinated Scientologist cannot see that a touch assist does not work,that reading the "way to happiness" booklet when you have just lost your home and everything you own is going to make you feel oh so much better. It is all a delusion.Showing kindness under false pretenses. Converting people to Scientology,especially the Sea Org is very detrimental to ones health.

When you join the Sea Org, you do in fact sign a billion year contract, and nothing is free. You have to work extremely long hours,for very little pay,living in virtual poverty. Unless you already have money, working your way up the Scientology bridge is almost impossible.

In my opinion if the Tech was so damned good, as Jason Beghe says why are OTs having migraines. I remember reading Hana Eltringhams' affidavit and she kept getting really bad migraines too. If the Tech can't cure people of migraines what chance does it have of curing anything else.
I even saw L. Ron Hubbard in his bunk once ill,perhaps he was experimenting, i'm pretty sure he had a headache,like in a bad hangover.
No amount of touch assist would have helped him,come to think of it, what did the "way to happiness" do for him either in the end? Not a lot.

Its all quackery.
the man who"wanted" to rule the world was a science fiction writer, who lived out his fantasies in real life.Some body some day will say this is illegal. It won't come soon enough.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WzE9Fzbrx3w
<<

Sharone Stainforth

OTIII

Post Tue May 27, 2008 12:16 am

PS: As far as i can see Scientology has done absolutely nothing to improve our Planet. On the other hand it has done much in the way of hurting earths inhabitants.
the man who"wanted" to rule the world was a science fiction writer, who lived out his fantasies in real life.Some body some day will say this is illegal. It won't come soon enough.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WzE9Fzbrx3w
<<

Justin Chaos

EPFer

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:50 pm

Scientologists are the weakest hominids (spiritually, mentally, and physically) since the beginning of recorded time. Moreover, the fear and paranoia among the believers are palpable even to the most casual observer; as a group, Scientologists represent the least enlightened or evolved of any recognized sect in the history of mankind.
<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:47 pm

"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
<<

alex

Suppressive Person

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:17 am

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought."

-- Buddha (563-483 BC), Siddhartha Gautama
<<

James McGuigan

Ghost in the Machine

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:40 am

Freedom is a choice. Choose to be yourself, choose to speak your truth and do so with compassion. And above all else, choose to be not afraid. If I can't dance, its not my revolution.
<<

alex

Suppressive Person

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:46 pm

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought."

-- Buddha (563-483 BC), Siddhartha Gautama
<<

Public Clammer

OTIII

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:18 pm

A story my Grandmother user to tell...

The Public Clammer!
<<

Justin Chaos

EPFer

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:31 pm

I've, illegally, downloaded Dianetics and some other stuff, just for the sake of doing it, as well I downloaded "the profit"...it's crap but I watched it only because the cult doesn't want me to, anyway...Dianetics which could be considered by scientologists as one of the many LRH's gifts to the world on his attempt not only to improve, but to save the planet is something, in a way, impressive... The first thing you notice about this extremely bizarrely written book is that it is spectacularly dull.

L. Ron Hubbard promises, in this seemingly endless treatise, that his "modern science of mental health" will cure everything from schizophrenia to arthritis, claims for which he presents no credible evidence whatsoever -- unless you consider merely insisting that you've got evidence to be the same thing as offering it. But I am here to testify that "Dianetics" is a phenomenal remedy for at least one widespread affliction: insomnia

Certain motifs keep recurring with a compulsive regularity that suggests Hubbard himself was anything but clear of past traumas. Eventually, these recurring images and examples gel into a sad and scary narrative that must have had particular power for Hubbard, since it keeps cropping up throughout the book.
It would never cease to amaze me ho desperate, vulberable, or plain stupid someone has to be, to take any of this utter rubbish into consideration.
<<

James McGuigan

Ghost in the Machine

Post Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:11 am

Next

Return to Pro Scientology