LRH Tech and the Freezone

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

TheZen

Non-E

Post Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:48 pm

LRH Tech and the Freezone

Hi Guys,

After navigating around the plethora of Scientology websites (both pro and con) I found myself amongst this forum and I wanted to pose a question which has been gaining importance in my own mind. In other words, I thought it was time to pose it amongst a group of people who I think can provide me with a range of perspectives and opinions.

Until recently I had made my mind up that everything concerning Scientology was a brand of pure evil. One ultimate lie wherein not a single hidden truth lay.

However, recently I set aside some time to watch the short documentary made by Hardeep Singh Kohli whereby he finds himself amongst members of the Freezone wanting answers in regards to the beliefs and practices of Scientologists – The “technology” derived from LRH.

I respect and even agree with many of the evidence based arguments put forward that portray LRH as a madman. I am still not 100% decided however.

From what I have read the “tech” or practices of Scientology has given benefits to many, whilst many have claimed absolutely none or even negative results.

In the case of the Freezone, where the supposed “technology” of LRH is taken out of the dominating and intimidating environment of the modern day Co$ and practiced in a fashion claimed to be as LRH intended, is this necessarily a bad thing?

So as someone who is bordering on the outside of Scientology (admittedly with a curiosity in the application of the “tech”) with a growing interest what words do you dare to share? :?

I’m trying to make my way through some of Hubbard’s books but I just wish he could put a legible sentence together lol…

S.
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:51 am

Re: LRH Tech and the Freezone

TheZen wrote:I’m trying to make my way through some of Hubbard’s books but I just wish he could put a legible sentence together lol…

This is what I'm on every time a post like this is made.

Hubbard has copied every single idea, except for the OTIII stuff, from other sources or just taken common sense, turned it all into tangental gibberish, and sold it as Scientology.

Bottom line is that Scientology is an amalgamation of good ideas, put into a context of a controlling scam buisness. And with such a context, having common sense is better than Scientology. (Now, if only common sense was more common.)

(Just to clarify, I am Anon and never been a member of any Scilon organization.)
The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:38 pm

Re: LRH Tech and the Freezone

Orderous wrote:
TheZen wrote:I’m trying to make my way through some of Hubbard’s books but I just wish he could put a legible sentence together lol…

This is what I'm on every time a post like this is made.

Hubbard has copied every single idea, except for the OTIII stuff, from other sources or just taken common sense, turned it all into tangental gibberish, and sold it as Scientology.

Bottom line is that Scientology is an amalgamation of good ideas, put into a context of a controlling scam buisness. And with such a context, having common sense is better than Scientology. (Now, if only common sense was more common.)

(Just to clarify, I am Anon and never been a member of any Scilon organization.)

somewhere I have some of the funniest things he's ever said.. I have to post them, they are pure nonesense, beyond his normal nonsense. unbelievable. I'll post it soon.

Return to Pro Scientology