Guidelines for this forum category

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

RLSteve

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:07 am

Guidelines for this forum category

I created this category because I suspect there may be many Scientologists who are lurking around this board, and I want to invite them to defend any of the outpoints or abuses we here at ESK have been discussing.

Debating is welcome and encouraged, but please be civil and polite.

Also, if there's any talking about OT III, please try to refrain from mentioning any of the details in the material.

And ABSOLUTELY NO CHARACTER ASSASSINATION of any of the critics. Even if a critic does have a criminal past, what does that have to do with any of the outpoints and abusive practices in Scientology that we are discussing here? Any posts made with the purpose of slandering a critic's reputation will be deleted.
Last edited by RLSteve on Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Lordceptimos

OTIII

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:56 am

hmmm now i dont mean to be a punk... but anyone who posts here pro scientology is going to have a hard time i mean...
im not one to hold a grudge... erm nevermind...

this is going to be an interesting area indeed.
Awake, arise, or be for ever fall'n.
- John Milton, Paradise lost .329
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:04 am

RLSteve - I thank you. I think its a great idea.
<<

SaintBastard

Pirate

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:08 am

Lordceptimos wrote:hmmm now i dont mean to be a punk... but anyone who posts here pro scientology is going to have a hard time i mean...
im not one to hold a grudge... erm nevermind...

this is going to be an interesting area indeed.

Then we will just have to adopt some sort of hackneyed advocate system... Its a tool that myself and others have used in other arenas to further debate. I for one would be perfectly willing to advocate an opposing point of view. Its definitely an interesting way to further debate and discussion.
The power to destroy a thing is the absolute control over it.

Frank Herbert
<<

thkaal

Clear

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:38 am

Are backhanded comments allowed?
Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here
to the castle beyond the goblin city to take back the child you have stolen. For my will is as strong as yours and
my kingdom is as great!

You have no power over me.
<<

SaintBastard

Pirate

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:56 am

I'm not going to sit here and try to speak for the voice of reason, however, I think that backhanded comments should be allowed when it is all in good fun or used to make a pertinent point, rather than when they are used to create a circular argument. Of course this is pretty subjective, but so far I personally trust peoples judgment... that may change as the community grows.
The power to destroy a thing is the absolute control over it.

Frank Herbert
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:58 am

I think backhanded comments wouldn't be for the Pro Scientology forum - just my opinion .....
<<

RLSteve

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:54 am

I think this category particularly should be a theta environment for Scientologists. It would be nice for them to see that we can be positive people and not just a bunch of unpleasant SPs.

So keep any 1.1 comments to a minimum. And please, no comments like, "You've been BRAINWASHED" to Scientologists.

Just think about how you would have liked to be communicated with when you were still in Scientology.

Of course... I do wonder how many Scientologists will bother posting on this forum, since most of them will be too afraid to look on the Internet. When I was last in Scientology, I had to do lower conditions just because my mother had been telling me critical things she had been reading on the Internet.
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:47 am

RLSteve wrote:I think this category particularly should be a theta environment for Scientologists. It would be nice for them to see that we can be positive people and not just a bunch of unpleasant SPs.

So keep any 1.1 comments to a minimum. And please, no comments like, "You've been BRAINWASHED" to Scientologists.

Just think about how you would have liked to be communicated with when you were still in Scientology.

Of course... I do wonder how many Scientologists will bother posting on this forum, since most of them will be too afraid to look on the Internet. When I was last in Scientology, I had to do lower conditions just because my mother had been telling me critical things she had been reading on the Internet.

I second this.
Us rabbits? DO something? - Wind in the Willows
<<

anonypanda

OTIII

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Excellent board addition!

:D This one'll be interesting to follow.
Far east Anonymous.

我们匿名
我们军队
我们不会原谅
我们不会忘记
预期我们
<<

Lordceptimos

OTIII

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:03 am

yeah....
but hmmm lets start this off with some good points that scientology has done for the mass public....
Awake, arise, or be for ever fall'n.
- John Milton, Paradise lost .329

Return to Pro Scientology