[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Are you a gamer?

Are you a gamer?

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Wirestripper

OTIII

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:28 am

Are you a gamer?

I want to find out how many of you are gamers of any stripe.

List what games you have played, then what games you play currently. Leave no digital entertainment or tabletop awesomeness forgotten!

Me, for example:

Played:
Atari console
Nintendo
Sega Genesis
Super Nintendo
Sega Dreamcast
Nintendo 64
Xbox

Computer shooters (from Doom forward)!
Computer generic (From Pong forward)!
Computer Strategy (from Starcraft forward)!

AD&D
D&D 3.0
D&D 3.5
Deadlands
Cyberpunk
Munchkin

Everquest II
Diablo I and II
Dark Age of Camelot
Age of Conan

Playing:
Warhammer 40,000 (tabletop)
EVE online
Dawn of War
Most Xbox 360 games!

How about you folks?
James Monikers' Three Rules of life:
1. Desperation Breeds insanity
2. It can always get worse
3. Only crazy people win; Only winners can judge what is crazy
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:18 am

I bought a Play Station just for a couple of games.

I used to be a big D&Der and have some of the old school books. It got old real fast because 99% of D&D gamers are childish or ridiculous to try to reason with. I had to walk away.

I then picked up Rolemaster or Middle Earth (almost the same) which is a very realistic game system. It's joked as "rule master" because it has a lot of rules. But was way more realistic than D&D ever was.

I also played Shadow World which is fun...if you don't have a heavy handed DM.

I since have stopped playing that as I wanted to get on with other things.

Now I just play GTA, Grand Turismo or Star Wars Battle Front.

I can't get interested in many games because I pretty much hate the type of people involved. If you know what I mean. It gets old fast.
"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:29 am

Due to "life" I've cut way back. It's down to

xbox 360: Call of Duty, Halo, Civilization Revolution
PC: the occasional Diable, Starcraft or Warcraft game (very rare)

I have been absolutely FORBIDDEN to touch World of Warcraft, under any circumstances, due to the known fact that my husband will lose his wife forever!

I still paint Warhammer miniatures, tho.
Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)
<<

Wirestripper

OTIII

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:44 am

<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:11 am

<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:34 am

Last edited by doubleVee on Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:51 am

The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

Wirestripper

OTIII

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:48 pm

<<

Wirestripper

OTIII

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:51 pm

<<

James McGuigan

Ghost in the Machine

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:45 pm

Used to play Warhammer 40k, had a Blood Angel and Tyranid armies (almost fully painted).

As for computer games, started off back with the Atari ST, playing games like Carrier Command and Nebulus. Played a few RTS games, along with the SimCity family of games. Last major game I got into was called Stars!, even inspired me to learn HTML and do my first website,

Don't really have much time for games any more.
Freedom is a choice. Choose to be yourself, choose to speak your truth and do so with compassion. And above all else, choose to be not afraid. If I can't dance, its not my revolution.
<<

Wirestripper

OTIII

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:32 pm

ah nice, have you seen any of the 4th edition models? The tyranids......they look so much more....Tyranid-y

Spikes and fangs and all sorts of nastiness!

Pretty awesome!

For example:

New Hive Tyrant:

New Carnifex:
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:55 pm

Oh, confirmed just a couple of days ago;

Dawn of War II will have the Tyranids as one of the races.
The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

Wirestripper

OTIII

Post Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:53 pm

I know. Effing awesome!
<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:14 am

I had a Space Wolf army. My army was confiscated by PAC Security and I just never had the heart to build it up again. Only one squad of bikers + a couple extra guys escaped the holocaust. :(

But recently a couple of boys who are starting into it asked me for help painting, so we'll see what happens. I might end up actually playing. I doubt it tho because I'd rather sink my dough into modern combat, or possible WWII era. (Don't have a loads of extra cash sitting about, you know.)

I'm assuming ya'll are looking forward to WAR (the MMORPG)?

Oh yeah, and I've always loved SimCity, but I haven't played it since 2000 was new. And I cannot get through Assassins Creed dang it! I just stopped playing. (Yeah yea I know I'm a girl but the controls are wierd and I have NO patience anymore.)
<<

Wirestripper

OTIII

Post Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:47 am

<<

the58th

Clear

Post Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:30 am

"Oppressione liberare"
<<

James McGuigan

Ghost in the Machine

Post Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:48 am

Freedom is a choice. Choose to be yourself, choose to speak your truth and do so with compassion. And above all else, choose to be not afraid. If I can't dance, its not my revolution.
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:54 am

<<

James McGuigan

Ghost in the Machine

Post Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:55 pm

<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:45 pm

"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
Next

Return to Off Topic & Humor