[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - What are you listening to?

What are you listening to?

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

number 6

EPFer

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:48 pm

<<

OneLetter

EPFer

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:53 pm

<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:56 pm

<<

OneLetter

EPFer

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:05 pm

<<

SaintBastard

Pirate

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:35 pm

Its just the same time signature and tempo... part of the "soulless" feeling of drum machines and synth music from that time. If its off by just a little bit, it sounds organic, if its off by too much, you suck and should /yourself. Its also why I prefer the bands that break up frequently or take breaks often, it keeps them from getting so in sync (fuck, now I have to shoot myself) that they sound like a fleshfactoryband.
The power to destroy a thing is the absolute control over it.

Frank Herbert
<<

ChaoticPsychotic

OTIII

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:28 pm

Ummm...

Tool
Korn
Mudvayne
Static-X
Rob Zombie
Meshuggah
Prince
BeeGees
KC & The Sunshine Band
George Clinton & The Parliament Funkadelics
Garth Brooks
Willie Nelson
George Strait
Elvis
Ozzy/Sabbath
Whitesnake
Queensryche
Rammstein
Beethoven
Rachmaninoff
Pavarotti

Pretty much a vast array of styles and sounds. Depends on my mood. :twisted:
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently" - Nietzsche
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:54 pm

The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:27 am

"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:53 am

Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)
<<

Wirestripper

OTIII

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:21 am

James Monikers' Three Rules of life:
1. Desperation Breeds insanity
2. It can always get worse
3. Only crazy people win; Only winners can judge what is crazy
<<

LronIsgonE_Snap

Suppressive Person

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:20 pm

Enjoy your life today,
For time is fleeting.
<<

Dazed & Confused Outs

EPFer

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:16 pm

Ahh! DoubleVee...you may be the only chic I've ever met who knows (let alone LIKES) Monster Magnet. This is a great thread-music is so huge to me...

Today's Playlist...

Clutch (going to see them 9/27!)
Duffy
Five Finger Death Punch
Tom Petty
Rise Against
Our Lady Peace
Theory of a Deadman
Tool
Godsmack
Sarah McGlaughlin
Trapt
Tori Amos
Metallica (Garage Days)
Blue October
Lily Allen (please don't tell anyone! :o )
Monster Magnet
Duran Duran (Yep, and I'm OK with it! lol)
"Well-behaved women rarely make history..."
<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:35 pm

Heh, well, I like a lot of non-girl music. Comes of liking metal I suppose. :)

None of my girly-music really made it on the list, except I think Dar Williams, because I've not been in that mood.

I dunno about the Mozart/genius baby thing, I've heard of it of course but I think it gets blown way out of proportion. (See the "Baby Einstein" series.) However, I love Mozart, and other classical music like Beethoven and Chopin and Bach and Carmen, and just don't have enough of it. Mozart is definitely my favorite.

To me, some stuff that really epitomizes being an exsci kid would be Disturbed, esp their latest eg Deify.

I also love the oldies, which most people don't seem to. I dunno, there's just somehting about driving with the windows down and singing "fun fun fun till her daddy takes the t-bird away" at the top of your lungs. I guess it reminds me of when I was a kid and lived in the Florida keys. Good times.

I love music, I couldn't live without it. It's one of my regrets that I can't play any instruments -- yet. But in this thread people are listing bands I've never heard of. I guess it's time to do some downloading again.
Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)
<<

Dazed & Confused Outs

EPFer

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:48 pm

Funny, to hear "oldies", I always think of sitting in my parents living room back in the 80's listening to 8 tracks...the Everly Bros., Crystal Gayle, Three Dog Night, Beach Boys etc. with the giant headphones on my head. It's amazing how music can bring you back to a place in such detail! I swear I can feel the breeze through the window and smell what Mom was cooking for dinner...nothing does that for me more than music.

We have music channels on our cable that play continuous music-whatever genre you choose. I usually have on Rock, and Tool's Sober came on, and I realized that it came out almost 20 years ago!!!!!!! I remember back to being a little kid, and they definitely weren't playing my parents music from when they were kids on Rock stations! Nirvana's another one-I hear them at least twice a day on mainstream rock channels...Kurt died 15 years ago. Recently I noticed that I'm checking in on an 80's station in the car. My 6 year old was singing Pat Benetar yesterday and it cracked me up! Ahh the 80's...worst fashion ever, but a whole decade of One-Hit Wonders!
"Well-behaved women rarely make history..."
<<

LronIsgonE_Snap

Suppressive Person

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:57 pm

Enjoy your life today,
For time is fleeting.
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:44 pm

The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

Walker.

Clear

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:30 am

My signiture says it all.
And this just feels like spinning plates
Our bodies floating down the muddy river
-Radiohead
<<

the58th

Clear

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:37 am

iron maiden Hawthorne heights Jimi Hendrix killswitch engaage led zeppelin metallica mushroomhead mudvayne slipknot pennywise rage against the machine Rob zombie Serj Tankian shadows fall smashing pumpkins sum 41 system of a down velvet revolver linkin park demon hunter amon amarth avenged sevenfold atreyu buckethead black sabbath dream theater five finger death punch msi nobuo uematsu grateful dead shinedown Akira Ifukube a perfect circle A static lullaby bleeding through bullet for a valentine Arch enemy
"Oppressione liberare"
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:01 pm

<<

Lordceptimos

OTIII

Post Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:18 am

Awake, arise, or be for ever fall'n.
- John Milton, Paradise lost .329
PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic & Humor