[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - anyone

anyone

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

the58th

Clear

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:46 am

anyone

<<

ChaoticPsychotic

OTIII

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:50 am

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently" - Nietzsche
<<

the58th

Clear

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:50 am

<<

ChaoticPsychotic

OTIII

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:52 am

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently" - Nietzsche
<<

the58th

Clear

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:55 am

<<

ChaoticPsychotic

OTIII

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:02 am

<<

the58th

Clear

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:03 am

<<

anonypanda

OTIII

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:18 am

Far east Anonymous.

我们匿名
我们军队
我们不会原谅
我们不会忘记
预期我们
<<

Zendon

Clear

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:24 am

<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:54 am

<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:24 am

"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
<<

ImOut

OTIII

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:18 am

Take Omega 3 and 5-HTP (both found in health food stores). Lay off the junk food and eat as wholesome of a diet as you can.

I had good success with Social Workers - check your county mental health services. And they usually don't charge much - based on your income.

Get out in the sun - the sun is a great source of energy and has tremendous healing properties - 20 minutes a day is all you need.

Find a hobby/passion and spend X amount of time on it each day.
Isn't it grand to be out!
<<

TonyMeman

EPFer

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:56 am

Something that helped me out and is pretty simple...

Cut out the high-fructose corn syrup. I can't even stand the scent of the stuff now, it really screws ya up.

High fructose corn syrup is basically in any sweet liquid (soda, "juice", "maple syrup") so check the label!
<<

anonymers

Non-E

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:48 am

<<

the58th

Clear

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:08 pm

<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:15 pm

<<

the58th

Clear

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:20 pm

<<

SaintBastard

Pirate

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:34 pm

The power to destroy a thing is the absolute control over it.

Frank Herbert
<<

ahnonnymaus

EPFer

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:32 pm

You mention seeing therapists, but I'm more interested in knowing how long you spoke to them and how often you met. You say they 'didn't help' but I'm not sure what you're expecting. Nothing you do is going to give you instant, magical results. It is a long, hard climb.

I'm in my twenties and I've been dealing with clinical depression since I was 8 years old. Believe it. And even to this day I still struggle with it, but I definitely have the upper hand. It's a combination of therapy, medication, and a lot of effort on my part to change the way I think and live my life.

(ETA: Also, don't forget there are many 'types' of depression. Some are environmental, some are allergies, some are natural chemical imbalances, some are due to past trauma. It's not as well understood as people think it is.)

You're only 17, and believe me, it's very common for teens to be depressed. You're in a transitional stage in your life, and that kind of stress is going to cause trouble in your body and mind. This doesn't make it any less serious, however. It affects your entire world, and in ways you don't always even know. Just because it's common doesn't mean it's not serious.

My recommendation is go to back to therapy and stick it out. Give it a couple of months, but also don't be afraid to switch therapists if it's really not working for you. I went through about 4 before I found one I really clicked with.

If you can, try to find one trained in 'Dilectic Behavioral Therapy', or DBT. That is the behavioral therapy that has really helped me a lot, and lessens the dependancy on medication (I've had plenty of that in my life and I would like to get off of them as much as possible).

As people have posted in this thread, there are lots of different options for you to try to help yourself. Some may work, others may not. Don't get discouraged if 'nothing seems to help'. Trust me, even if you think it's true, you've never tried everything XD

I absolutely do not want to become your therapist, as I am neither trained professionally nor able to commit the time necessary for real therapy, but if you do want some advice from someone who has 'been there' (and in many ways, is 'still there'), feel free to PM me.

(ETA: Oh, and final word of advice!! IT WILL NOT LAST FOREVER. Everything changes, everyONE changes, and what we feel now we won't feel in a day, a week, a month, a year. when I'm in my worst spots I forget this, and I feel devastated. But sometimes I can remind myself, or just cling to belief that this is true, and I just wait it out, and I get through it.)
Never alone.
<<

waianon

EPFer

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:04 am

Return to Off Topic & Humor