Okay, I have been on a biography roll lately. I just finished Eric Clapton's Bio and it was good. Which then leads me to buy Pattie Boyd's Bio to read next, in order to get the other side of the story (Eric Clapton and George Harrison Ex).
Here are the last 4 books I have read:
1. - Eric Clapton
- Conquers drinking and drugs. Finds happiness late in life with a family and 3 young children. Good for him.
2. Valerie Bertinelli - Losing It
- Led a secret life from the public, doing coke with Eddie Van Halen, cheats on her husband before he does on her and eventually manages to split and gains her self confidence by finally losing weight through Jenny Craig.
3. Steve Martin - Born Standing Up
- An excellent, funny read if you are a Steve Martin fan. Story of how he grew up in white bread Orange County Suburbia, gets a job at Disneyland as a kid and the rest is history! No drugs or drinking or rehab. Makes an EXCELLENT FUNNY
movie called Bowfinger which makes fun of Cults like Scientology.
4. Tom Cruise - An Unauthorized Biography - Andrew Morton
- Epic book not because it tells how TC grew up, but how he got hooked in Scientology, became friends with DM and became the poster boy for celebrity bad behavior in Cults.
One note on Tom Cruise
- Not only is his huge box office career over, it wouldn't surprise me if he never speaks out for Scientology or against Psychs again. He no doubt has read Andrew Morton's book and I bet my bottom dollar that he is blaming DM and Scientology for ruining his career.
My opinion only.