My Scientology Celebrity Fanfiction

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

DRE

Post Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:31 pm

My Scientology Celebrity Fanfiction

I ask for respect before any other reaction. I am taking an enormous risk creating this thread. I recognize that many former Scientologists and anti-Scientologists can be douchebags, just as Scientologists can be. I do not want trolls coming after me or my stories with bigoted unjust remarks. And yet, I do not want to deny myself potential fans. I also appreciate this website's board for not taking the dive into anti-Co$ douchebagry as much as some anti-Co$ havens have (say, the IMDB message boards). So I feel the chance is worth taking. If things go wrong, I will deal with the consequences.

[takes breath] I am an ex-Scientologist who writes celebrity fanfiction involving prominent Scientologist actors. I have been writing nearly three years now and never have been harassed or otherwise Fair-Gamed once by Scientologists. I have had all my stories, not just the Scientology ones, banned from websites because of their Scientology content. Friends who have stood up for me on the same sites have found themselves banned too. I have also been trolled by anti-Scientologists, accused of promoting the Co$. That is not my intent at all. I write for fair depiction, the condemnation of bigotry, and because I think my stories are good and my characters are hot and interesting. It's nothing more than that. You can find my stories here:

Full disclosure- they do feature erotic adult content. The subjects may also not be appropriate for the close-minded. If you wish to maintain your level of blind Scientology misunderstanding, I advise against reading my work.

Some prominent pieces in which ex-Scientologists may be interested:
- "The Rendezvous". Bisexual slut Keri Russell is attracted to an angry anti-lesbian, a precocious Lolita-wannabe, and a friendly person who is a member of what Keri believes to be a dangerous cult. How will Keri resolve this mess?
- "Passion of Erika Christensen". A young Scientologist actress comes of age as a slut and tries to live her beliefs in a good way. She faces down fanatic jerk Tom Cruise in Chapter 1 and also loses her virginity. In Chapter 2 she is turned on to the swinger scene by Scientologists with secret lives. In Chapter 3 she embraces bisexuality. In Chapter 4, she inadvertently picks up an Anon for a one night stand.
- "Counseling". Erika must deal with an SP inside her own church while at the same time aiding a reform movement inside the Co$ and reconnecting with a friend she disconnected from unfairly.
- "Rekindled". Erika restores another unfair disconnection she made.

Coming next year are "Free Katie" (Erika gets close to Katie Holmes and saves or destroys Tom Cruise's marriage), "Road to Damascus" (a Scientology protester learns the dangers of hating too deeply) and "Descent" (an SP takes shape inside Scientology's ministry and does much damage to her own church as she practices their ways fanatically. She of course damages herself too.).

Yes, I somewhat idealize and fictionalize Scientology in my stories. I do this to make my work appeal to both the pro- and anti- sides. I also prefer to encourage the good in a religion and defame the bad rather than condemn it all outright. If I am wrong in this, I'll discuss it with God when I meet Him.

I'm a Deist Christian personally, although I was in Scientology for a few months a long time ago and I have researched it quite a bit. My girlfriend is a Freezoner and her best friend is a public Scientologist. They are my primary advisors on how to get my Scientologist characters right. I am not bitter about leaving Scientology, I am more middle of the road than anything else on the issue. I have been known to trash anti-Co$ trolls who condemn me for not sharing their extreme stance.

Some reviews my stories have gotten:
- "You cast Erika as a rebel Scientologist slut? Freaking awesome!"
- "If he wrote his own characters, he'd be unstoppable."
- "You write well. The dialogue is terrific."

Everyone please be aware- my stories are fictional. They are not meant as depiction of the real world, just as entertainment for the body and mind. I will ban from my newsgroup anyone I see trolling my work unfairly (this includes both pro- and anti-Scientologists). I welcome any readers who can come with open minds and give good honest praise or constructive critique.

If you can be the latter, visit my newsgroup. Enjoy! Again, the link is:

I hope I don't regret this. DRE out.
<<

DRE

Post Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:34 pm

Links

Okay, it seems my links were caught by the site spam filter. Shoot. I did not intend to post spam. Ack. Perhaps this is for the best. Anyone who wants a link can email me at Doug Elder 21 @ yahoo . com (delete spaces).
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Hey. If you register (we keep things to ourselves on identity) you can post links.
<<

Post Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:32 pm

I will wait and see what sort of replies I get for a day or two first. I recently condemned a proposed boycott for "Valkyrie" over on IMDB and was called a Scientologist, ridiculed and condemned for being out of touch. All I did was say this:

"What you propose is nothing less than theft and hatred. Alternate idea: Spend money to see Valkyrie, but if you see Scientologists in line with you tell them that you want your money to go to the good their religion does. The people their celebrity followers such as Tom Cruise entertains, the programs that discourage illegal drug addiction (always a good cause), the literacy programs and so on. Not the abuse. Not that they really spend much money on that anyway. Most Scis are smart enough to know furthering abuse can only further impact their church's already sordid reputation.

Also, don't forget that other people worked on "Valkyrie" who have no connection to Scientology. The gay director, the grandson of Col. von Stauffenberg, the Shakespearen co-star, and thousands of other people who aren't Scientologists. You gonna forsake their good work because of Tom? Tom put any fanaticism he might have about Scis being the supreme beings in the world aside to work with these people. Why not honor him for this good decision?

We never know where our money goes anyway. Let's say we buy groceries. The money we spend may go to the salary of a poor clerk with several kids to feed. It may go to a janitor who smokes too much and wants the money for more cigarettes. The manager may spend it to put gas in his Hummer. A crooked employee may stick their fingers in the till and pocket it. By the time any of this happens, we're probably long gone. Hopefully our food is still in our fridge."

The admin of BoycottValkyrie dot com told me he had posted my comments on his website "so that I might be laughed at". He called me a "typical Scientologist." Several other trolls backed him up. I hate losers like this. They are every bit the douchebags Fair Gaming Scientologists are, perhaps even more so.

If this thread doesn't attract people like them on this board in a few days or so, I will be glad to register and link.
<<

DRE

Post Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:42 pm

And, Grundy, I just read your story. You are awesome. I would like to use that "I am a free man and so are you" line in a story someday. :D
<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:03 am

"Passion of Erika Christensen" LOL.
"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:26 pm

DRE, one thing you have to consider is that Scientology doesn't have those front groups because they actually believe in them. While I do believe some Scientology front groups have a basic (basic being used very loosely) good cause, it's mostly to get new Scientologists in the door.

If Scientology were to take over this world (thank god it will never happen) this world would truely be a nightmare.
So based on that idea many people including myself will not and do not support even the good things Scientology does because it supports and keeps the immoral crap they do alive.
"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:52 pm

Very well said.

I've often thought about what a "one possible future" Scientology society would look like.

And also, what measures CoS would use to "quietly and without sorrow" dispose of those below 2.0 on the tone scale.
"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
<<

DRE

Post Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:50 pm

Not every Scientologist I have met wants to "dispose" of people. None have EVER expressed that desire to me, actually. Critics on the other hand...

IMO, Scis also believe in the causes for which their charities stand. Never mind why the charities were established. It's the viewpoint of those who sponsor them that matters. Both executives to whom they are fronts and average Scientolgists to whom they ain't. The latter actually run the charities and they are growing in number throughout the Co$. Or so I believe based on my observations.

You guys can air your biased hatred all you want. Doesn't mean I'll believe in it. I know it's not the only way to feel and I thank God.

Still debating whether to register and post links. In the meantime, feel free to Google my author alias "achtungnight" and see what you find.
<<

speckledtrout

Clear

Post Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:16 pm

In my view you are correct that people truly believe their programs do good. On the other hand I am really not convinced that Narconon works, or even that it does more good than harm. That isn't "biased hatred," it's just my observation. Their religious freedom watch is more based on protecting Scn that anyone else. The literacy programs I don't know much about so I can't say. The personality and IQ tests they offer for free are pretty much a way to get people in.

Among the things that are dangerous about Narconon and Criminon IS this utter belief in their absolute good, the belief that they and they ALONE can "totally rehabilitate" drug addicts and criminals (and in so take some people off their meds who really need them, etc). If you read the accounts of people here you will see that many of them were also true believers at one point or another.

But you are absolutely right that most people I know that are not in SO or high up would NEVER want to "dispose" of people.

As for Scn being the "omg worst cult evah lol" crap that you can sometimes see on anti-Scn boards--For heaven's sake, do we really want to start talking about distasteful behaviors of say, Catholocism when it was young? Puts Scn to absolute SHAME. However given the responses of those on this thread it does seem like you are overreacting to people just giving you their perspective.

(sorry to edit so much, it makes sense in my head and then I realize I forgot to add explanations, etc)
<<

DRE

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:20 am

I'm not overreacting. If you knew what I'd been through... Sorry, this is probably a typical response too, right? Anyway, spend time on the IMDB boards sometime. They are really big on bashing over there and alienate anyone who doesn't agree with them. The worst thing is they claim it's not hate. BS. You'll see what I'm talking about if you hang out in the place. I don't care what crap you believe in. You don't tell people who to love and who not to be fans of. You don't try to force boycotts of good actors in good movies down people's throats just because of crimes the actors' churches have committed in which they would never knowingly get involved. You don't force people to disconnect from their friends either because of those same things. Let people make their own decisions about their lives. IMO, to do otherwise, whatever your motivations, is to be a douchebag as much as any fanatical Scientologist.
<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:16 am

Dre, you said "I also prefer to encourage the good in a religion and defame the bad rather than condemn it all outright."

Word clearing time for you... define religion, define cult...

As for you spickle bot...

And Co$ being the 'worst cult evah, lol'...

is idiotic, at best.

I don't know how you people can read The Complex, and LITERALLY thousands of stories... and still think that it is balanced to say that the cult of scientology isn't ALL bad...

That's like a woman finding out her daughter was raped by her husband, but saying, well he did do some good things... WTF is wrong with your head man?

And DRE, you again... with the slut this and slut that... can you get any more crass? I think they sound like B movie trash, sorry bubs, you brought it out, I don't believe in censorship, so more power to you, but I think anyone who wants to tell a Scion in line... (what are the chances... it would even come up, come on!!! So much for plot there!)... anyway, to say 'tell your church (cough, CULT) to go spend the money on something good they do... I think is about as inbred as it gets!!!!

GET REAL ! I expect to take a lot of heat for this, but these are my thoughts.
<<

speckledtrout

Clear

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:41 am

Haha I like "spickle bot!"

Anyway:

DRE: I get that people on other boards may have acted that way. However, your reaction to what people said on this thread (and only that) seemed a little overblown. We do not agree with you that the charities run by COS serve good purposes. That's a perfectly valid point of disagreement.

Anonibottie: Did I say I excused the early (or late) crimes of the Catholic Church? I'd have quite a bit more family and in-laws if they hadn't held some of their more inane policies. My point was that when we elevate Scientology as inherently worse than all other cults/religions in history, we give it more power than it needs to have. Ex-Mormons I know have similar horror stories to ex-Scientologists I know. The details change but the overarching narrative and the people getting hurt are the same. *I* find it idiotic when people scream bloody murder at Xenu and accept the Trinity and a literal reading of Leviticus as totally normal--then gay bash, ban the teaching of evolution, etc etc. And that's mild compared to the transgressions of religion in say, Saudi Arabia.

And no, for my family it wasn't ALL bad. It got my parents off drugs and gave them some stability. Is that a whole heaping lot of goodness? No. But it is the truth. Does it balance out what has been done to many ex-SO members? No again. Just because there are some good elements doesn't make it half good, not by a long shot.
<<

DRE

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:00 am

Okay, my decision is made. No links. Sorry, folks. Thanks for your responses, however. IMHO, the good may be overshadowed by the bad, but it is still there. It should be encouraged, not denied. That is how a church becomes a religion rather than a brainwashing cult. Jim Jones killed people with poison. Before he did that, he encouraged racial integration. I damn him for the poisoning but understand those who joined his church to sponsor the good they saw. I am glad that good has been continued elsewhere even after Jones went evil. Why is the same not allowed to occur with the Co$?
<<

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:07 am

I have to say I wonder, if you ever get published, how will you handle negative reviews? No, sorry, can't read my book, I don't like your attitude? The business requires a pretty thick skin.

Best of luck, sorry we won't be seeing you.
<<

speckledtrout

Clear

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:08 am

err, that was me--forgot to log in!
<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:18 am

oh geez, everyone who has any clue at all ALREADY knows about the Catholic Church being absolutely HORRID... they are not currently sending people to gulags and holding them against their will...

Yes Ex Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Adventists and ISOT... and THOUSANDS of other cults come out with some good stories, and many bad, the point is looking at it OVERALL... what is the deduction?

Balanced, good and bad? No, I'd say if any good came out of it, wonderful, but overall, it is a terrible money making people exploiting cult.

People who volunteer at the Catholic Church do so willingly... and though there are terrible stories of the molestation and Christian Crusades, that stuff is so first year college it's not even funny. I don't know how old you are, but it is common rebellious retorts that just don't mean anything to me... Anonymous has a noble purpose, to expose the abuses of Scientology, not the belief system, but the extortion, tax evasion and laundering... the violence and gulags, etc...

I am not going to say all religions are bad, or good. I will say this cult is overall terrible.

Just because 1 out of 500 may have benefited, the other 499 probably didn't...

I get so tired of people defending LRH, and the cult...

I don't like people whoring scion stories that favor the cult either...

or demeaning women left and right with the liberal use of slut... as though it held some attraction, but to each his own.

if you want to be a TRUE artist, DRE... then you wouldn't be afraid to show your art, because for every critic *me*... you could have 20 fans.

Fear sucks.

enjoy
<<

speckledtrout

Clear

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:34 am

a) I never demeaned Anonymous. You read that into it. I am actually quite grateful for the way ya'll have opened up the dialogue on Scn.

b) Not too terribly old, no, but not a teenager, if that's what you are asking. Flattering that my age doesn't show online I suppose ;-)

c) The conclusion is as follows and as I stated before:
1) when you elevate Scn over other cults and make it into an exception, you give it power it doesn't need to have. If you know anything that an average freshman college student would know, you know that *cough BSG cough* all this has happened before and all of it will happen again.
2) therefore, if you want to be effective in combating CoS, you would do well to understand how similar events have occured before.
3) there is a great deal of "haha Xenu is so ridiculous, the beliefs of Scilons are so stupid" that goes around. NO. This is the wrong way to go if you want to make progress. (aside from the fact that I find the hypocrisy of it coming from religious folks annoying.) If you understood anything from that freshman year in college, it should have been that all religions have similarly ridiculous beliefs, and that making fun of it won't get you anywhere with them. In other words, know your enemy.

[On a more personal level, my reaction to being raised a Scilon and for a time in the deep South was to decide that all religions were out to get people and surpress them. It's taken me a very long time to get over that mentality but it still comes through. ]
<<

DRE

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:22 am

final word

My stories do not "favor the cult." They never have. I clearly call attention to the problems I see and I have been praised for it. I expect I will be again when the time comes. Check out my stories at:

h ttp:// gr oups.yaho o.com/ group/ Fro st-Fire/ [delete spaces]

I am not afraid. I just don't like trolls who believe their viewpoint is the only valid viewpoint. I don't appreciate douchebags who think they can insult and use scripture of any religion to justify themselves. Same for those who can ignore good and proclaim evil is all there is just because of a few people's pain. Good always exists. Good wins out in my stories. Maybe life will imitate art. :)

"Slut" is used to attract attention and not as an insult. Check out the swingers' manual "The Ethical Slut", which gave me the idea. I understand your opinion. I do not share it.

I ask those who read my stories to please do so with open minds. Be willing to challenge and expand your beliefs. Do not hate. Or if you can't do that, for your own good and mine, I hope you'll stay away.
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:48 pm

DRE wrote:Okay, my decision is made. No links. Sorry, folks. Thanks for your responses, however. IMHO, the good may be overshadowed by the bad, but it is still there. It should be encouraged, not denied. That is how a church becomes a religion rather than a brainwashing cult. Jim Jones killed people with poison. Before he did that, he encouraged racial integration. I damn him for the poisoning but understand those who joined his church to sponsor the good they saw. I am glad that good has been continued elsewhere even after Jones went evil. Why is the same not allowed to occur with the Co$?

This post screams lack of basic logic....or you are a Scientologist.
That's like saying the Nazi's were good to the families of soldiers. It was good so why not support that. :shock:
Because it supports an organisation that wants total control. Let alone many immoral ideals.
How about supporting groups that don't have a agenda?!
You either haven't been reading or believe the lies you hear from within the "church".
Scientology at best needs to be fixed.
You can't judge Scientology based on it's public Scientology members. Because many of them don't even know what happens in the Sea Org, or deny it. Same goes for Sea Org members.
There's a reason there is a Freezone. Many people that believe in Scientology have left it to still do Scientology outside of the church because they also know the church of Scientology is twisted.
Do you not believe there is an organisation called OSA and that they screw with people that are critical of Scientology. Or that Scientology starts many ridiculous law suites because they are butt hurt.
Last edited by Iknowtoomuch on Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
Next

Return to The Vault