[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - I need help. Please!

I need help. Please!

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

LittleSister17

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:17 pm

I need help. Please!

<<

Zendon

Clear

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:21 pm

The main thing is to stay in touch with him.

The difficulty of this situation is that Scientology has a policy of encouraging members to disconnect from anyone who is critical of Scn. If he thinks you are anti-scientology, he may stop talking to you.

If he has disconnected from your mother because she criticises Scn, it may help to make your mother aware of that disconnection policy. Then she could approach him in another way.

Depending how deep he is in, he might be open to your asking questions about bad things you have heard about Scn.

I'm sure the folks on this forum (who probably have more experience of this type of situation than I have) will advise. You can keep posting and asking questions as things develop. Good luck.
<<

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:38 am

Re: I need help. Please!

<<

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:38 am

Re: I need help. Please!

<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:17 am

LittleSister, I'm so sorry that this is happening, and I completely understand what you are going through.

I wish I could tell you that there's a magic word that would change your brother's mind, but there isn't. Scientology is very adept at making people. Your brother now believes that he is fighting for the good of the universe, and he has been told that anyone who tries to talk him out of it is evil.

You will have to be the grown-up in your family now. Here are a few things to tell your mom (and to keep in mind yourself!) about the best way to deal with your brother:

- Don't say anything bad about Scientology to him if you can avoid it. Continually tell him that you love him and are there for him, and that if he is happy you are happy for him.

- Don't treat him like a victim, or worry about him too much. Scientologists believe that victims are "downtone" (negative), and anyone who feels pity or expresses too much concern is trying to drive him "downtone".

- Encourage him to read books other than Scientology books. Anything at all. Recommend good books to him frequently.

- Take your brother out as often as you can, and spend as much time with him as you can. Go to the movies, go to the park, go to lectures and concerts. This will help ensure that he doesn't slip into a world of only being associated with Scientologists and no one else.

- Have your mother come here and read our site. She or you is welcome to write me at kendra@exscientologykids.com for support and help. I can help you and her understand what your brother is going through right now.

It is possible that they may try to track you down through your internet posts, but to be honest, unless you reveal a lot of personal information, or reveal the specifics of your situation, they probably will never figure out who you are. They did track me down at one point, but only because I revealed exact details of my situation. It was fairly easy for them to figure out who I was, so don't worry.

If you need anything at all, please email us, and we will do our best.
<<

JohnAdams

Non-E

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:14 pm

One thing I gather from research on Scientology is they don't like PTS (Potential Trouble Sources).
If your brother is under 18, it should be a piece of cake to cause trouble for the Scientology Center.

If keeping your brother is more trouble to them than he's worth, they will eventually boot him. Read up on the other forums the ex-Scientologists have for tips. Most of all, Scientology hates Authorities, police, government, official investigation.

And don't be afraid of them. There are too many people speaking out about it right now. Sure they may send an intimidating letter from a lawyer, or perhaps send out a PI to stand outside & intimidate you, but right now we have them reduced down to scare tactics alone.
<<

Puddlewhite

EPFer

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:51 am

<<

au2mater

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:42 pm

this could be helpful

^^ should be very heplful to you in talking with your brother.

as stated in the above link, simply ask him about the "religion" in a totally non biast approach. Above all don't go mentioning xenu etc, because his belief is that this could cause him death, or ruin his chances of becoming high level OT.

Return to The Vault