History's Most Influential Scientologists

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:00 am

History's Most Influential Scientologists

I recently posted a thread on IMDB about the religions of the 100 most influential people in history according to this link: http://www.adherents.com/adh_influ.html

No Scientologists made the cut. That gave me the idea of creating a thread on who the most influential Scientologists in history are. To keep the discussion fair, let's please adhere to the following rules:

- Each poster can add no more than ten names to the list.

- Each person named must still be a Scientologist if alive or have been one at the time of their death if dead. Former Scis who are now apostates don't count. Neither do people who have merely taken Scientology courses. They must be well-known and proud followers of the CoS's way.

- Names must be easily verified as famous and influential using Google, Wikipedia, or some other Internet source.

- You can post a short paragraph about why you think each Scientologist is influential and what influence you think they've had and what it means, but please refrain from judging the entire religion based on the adherents you post. Also keep posts specific to your opinion.

- Let's consider positive and negative influence.

- No repeat names, although people can comment on names already posted by someone else.

- Names are not ranked because of people's conflicting opinions.

My names:

- L Ron Hubbard. He founded Scientology. It wouldn't exist without him. He has influenced every adherent of Scientology and every opinion in the world concerning it. Especially those who know the views of his life Scientology doesn't like to advertise. Nobody else deserves the #1 spot.

- Tom Cruise. If you ask someone to name a Scientologist, this is the name you get more than any other. He is the biggest advertisement for the CoS, and according to some the worst because he has been so overzealous about his religion. The most famous Scientologist, no question.

- John Travolta. Second most famous Scientologist. Like Tom, he is a skilled actor. Unlike Tom, he has been known to express disagreement with the CoS as much as adherence to its views. Yet he still remains inside, living his beliefs without negative effects. Well, unless you count the death of his son. Which, arguably, may not have been Scientology's fault.

- Lisa McPherson. How many people think of her and her death when they think of Scientology? Hundreds, if not thousands. She is the first name people come up with when asked to name a victim of Scientology, and much of history is influenced by victims. The Church of Scientology could learn a lot from her life and death. IMO its critics already have.

- Isaac Hayes. Another celebrity Scientologist known as an advocate of his religion. People often judge Scientology based on him. He made us laugh on South Park for a decade, then made us wonder about him when he quit the show.

- Sky Dayton. Founder of Earthlink, a famous Internet company.

- Greta van Susteren, influential reporter on FoxNews.

- Mary Sue Hubbard. The first lady of Scientology while she was alive, right up until she went to prison for committing crimes in her church's name.

- David Singer. Influential chiropractor who has used Scientologist methods to preach efficiency and profitability. Many have seen his consultations as positve education. Others have questioned whether he is a front for his church. Let's just say he's influential and leave it at that.

- Erika Christensen. She has inspired many fans including myself with her beauty, charisma, and daring acting on screen. If you ask me who is the best face of Scientology's anti-drug programs, I would name her. IMO, she is a positive example of the sort of good person a Scientologist can be. Funny that she's also on record for being a liberal rebel who gladly entertains friends outside her church.
<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:05 am

Re: History's Most Influential Scientologists

This is ALL I read of your LONG LONG LONG post...

Let's NOT consider the positive, because there is none...
<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:18 am

Yes, there is. Erika Christensen has helped me stay off drugs. She's inspired me with her beauty and acting. That's a positive influence. Get your head out of your butt, stop being a douche, and play the game. Or don't post at all. Your choice.

My apologies to the admins for this. I don't mean to be a jerk. I don't want to be. But I don't want to be provoked into being one either just because I like to speak the truth about my experiences and feelings. I hope most people will get that.
<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:54 am

DRE wrote:Yes, there is. Erika Christensen has helped me stay off drugs. She's inspired me with her beauty and acting. That's a positive influence. Get your head out of your butt, stop being a douche, and play the game. Or don't post at all. Your choice.

My apologies to the admins for this. I don't mean to be a jerk. I don't want to be. But I don't want to be provoked into being one either just because I like to speak the truth about my experiences and feelings. I hope most people will get that.

Let's get one thing straight....

This has epic fail written all over it.

When you wrote

This immediately fell under Pro-Scientology.

You are posting in the WRONG section of the board.

That JUST for starters. I then present my opinion...

And you proceed to call me names.

Are you admin, do you have the right to call me douchebag?

I thought douchebags posted the wrong things in the wrong sections to deliberately invite controversy and negative feedback?

Who is the douchebag again, the guy who can't read where he's posting or who doesn't know the difference between pro and anti Cult?

Then lets get to the point that you take the first chance you get to namedrop as though I care who you wish were your friends...

I don't care if Erika is an acquaintance of yours and you are clinging to the idea she is your best bud.

I am glad you got off drugs but take some credit for it.

You are SO socially inept it is not even funny.

Get your head out of your butt? That is so insulting.

You can speak the truth all you want about your ass kissing cult antics, but do it in the pro forum not in the main.

You flunk.
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:40 pm

He's got a point here DRE, this goes into Pro-Scientology.

Yes, these people are influential as scientologists, within scientology. The rest of the world on the other hand....well it doesn't really give a shit about any of them, especially what they achieved as scientologists
The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:16 pm

Anonymous9104 wrote:
DRE wrote:Yes, there is. Erika Christensen has helped me stay off drugs. She's inspired me with her beauty and acting. That's a positive influence. Get your head out of your butt, stop being a douche, and play the game. Or don't post at all. Your choice.

I wanted to add here that I think it is childish to refer to posting on a forum as a game.. and that I should play it, or not post at all.

My choice, as though you are in control of the board.

I don't provoke you, you provoke yourself when you expect me and others here to blindly go along with whatever nonsense you are ranting.

Granted some of your posts may have helped someone or had a hint of credibility... don't ask me where, but surely in ALL your posts, something is useful to someone.

People here are very nice and tolerant, as Gogadget said he / she has bitten his / her tongue more than once in response to you. And Iknowtoomuch has also found futility in some responses, as one he / she says that they wrote a long post to you but deleted it because didn't think it would get through to you basically.

I also hate to be mean or nasty but your posts are frustrating, and that is why I think a great many just ignore them.

I have also had posts ignored and am not perfect.

But I wanted to clear this up with you.
<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:48 pm

I don't think what you guys are doing is nice at all. In fact, I consider it the same as bull-baiting and gang-bang sec checking. You're all yelling at me and insulting me, trying to get me to conform to your view. At least, that's how it comes across. Well, news flash, it ain't gonna work. My view of the reality of my experiences subsumes yours.

I know by now I ain't gonna win you over to my side, either. Not that I was trying. I was just posting my views and hoping people would respond with theirs without personal attacks on me. I didn't put this in the pro forum because I wanted to do negative stuff as well as positive. I mention a lot of Scientology's negatives in my posts, and you guys are so intent on bashing me for mentioning the positives you miss them. It's really ... I don't know how to describe it.

Look, let's end this, okay? I think it's distracting to other posters and not profitable for anyone, you or me. Let's agree to disagree and leave things at that. I'll lurk and not post unless I feel like speaking my mind. I won't give up my views, but I won't try to provoke you guys either. In return, I hope you will stop the attacks. Can y'all do that?
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:02 am

DRE wrote:I don't think what you guys are doing is nice at all. In fact, I consider it the same as bull-baiting and gang-bang sec checking. You're all yelling at me and insulting me, trying to get me to conform to your view. At least, that's how it comes across. Well, news flash, it ain't gonna work. My view of the reality of my experiences subsumes yours.

I know by now I ain't gonna win you over to my side, either. Not that I was trying. I was just posting my views and hoping people would respond with theirs without personal attacks on me. I didn't put this in the pro forum because I wanted to do negative stuff as well as positive. I mention a lot of Scientology's negatives in my posts, and you guys are so intent on bashing me for mentioning the positives you miss them. It's really ... I don't know how to describe it.

Look, let's end this, okay? I think it's distracting to other posters and not profitable for anyone, you or me. Let's agree to disagree and leave things at that. I'll lurk and not post unless I feel like speaking my mind. I won't give up my views, but I won't try to provoke you guys either. In return, I hope you will stop the attacks. Can y'all do that?

Only if you agree to remove your sphincter from Scientology's anal cavity.
"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:06 am

It's never been up it. You see, that's the kind of comment that profits no one and we really don't need.
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:10 am

DRE wrote:It's never been up it. You see, that's the kind of comment that profits no one and we really don't need.

Sorry but that's about all I can reserve for you anymore. You publically said you are biased toward Scientology and Scientologists.
And you leave so much information about Scientology out of your posts, I can't read them anymore. I feel like I have to correct you all the time.
Take it as an attack all you want. You've only discreditted yourself. And this is a pretty damned forgiving site imo.
"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:03 am

I haven't discredited myself with everyone. Just you and a couple others, from what I can tell. Anyway, I didn't come here for that. I did not come here to argue with people or upset them. You started that, you and your associates. I am sick of it, and I don't want to continue it any more. I haven't for some time. The issues I came here to settle are settled. I don't need to even interact with you. Unless you keep coming at me with your attacks on my right to speak my mind, and then I have the right to defend myself.
<<

CherryTree

OTIII

Post Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:31 am

Can't just both sides knock it off? Both of you are right, okay? Just stop arguing it's really irritating.
just when you thought it's all wrong it proved otherwise
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:36 am

DRE wrote:I haven't discredited myself with everyone. Just you and a couple others, from what I can tell. Anyway, I didn't come here for that. I did not come here to argue with people or upset them. You started that, you and your associates. I am sick of it, and I don't want to continue it any more. I haven't for some time. The issues I came here to settle are settled. I don't need to even interact with you. Unless you keep coming at me with your attacks on my right to speak my mind, and then I have the right to defend myself.

I was never speaking for anyone else. Post all you like, I will choose not to read it.
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:29 am

OMG .. this is getting sooooo fucking old.

Anonymous .. you were out of line.

Her opinion is her opinion. And just because there might be something you disagree with, you have no right to start insulting.

I learned many things from Scn. Just because I don't choose to associate with it, doesn't negate what I DID get out of it.

Basically, you are telling someone else to shut the fuck up because their opinion doesn't matter at all.

Iknowtoomuch has the right idea. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Astra, please PM me on your opinion on who should get banned about this one. Because SOMEONE will get a temporary ban.

Return to The Vault