We're still here

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:42 am

We're still here

Hey everyone! I know things have been really quiet for a while here. And I know some of you have been sad about that, sorry. But I still pop in once in a while. I love that this site is here and still serving an awesomely valuable service. (For one thing, I send people here to educate them.)

I personally have left behind a lot of my Scientology issues, and am very very busy going to college and raising my kids. So I count it as a good thing that some of us are free from thinking about or being tormented by Scn. Hope y'all take it that way, too. I'm sure at some point things will start coming to mind again and there'll be a bit more from me, at least.

Be well. :)[/b]
Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)
<<

Coyote13

EPFer

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:19 pm

Thanks for posting doublevee. The only posts otherwise have been mostly spam or someone trying to get individuals back into scientology. That makes for a hostile (or at least unfriendly) environment for ex scientologist kids (ex scientology meaning no longer part of scientology, not inclusive of "ex church of scientology" individuals, scientology being the body of work attributed to lrh). The "church" has been going strong trying to get anyone who has been offlines for hella. They are hurting badly for "stats" and "bodies". People who were raised in it can be seen as potential marks because theyve already been exposed to the indoctrination.

I've been contacted by the "church" back in february and then again last week. Both times they lied and it was easily identified as a lie( the way they got my unlisted number thas not under my name or associated with me in any way) and tried to change the subject when questioned on it. The first time I just pretty much went on and on about all the inconsistencies and how the "tech" doesnt produce the result they claim and how they change this that are considered "standard tech" by lrh actually werent cause lrh wasnt as aware and OT as he would have liked people to believe. And they finally hung up on me after a bunch more things i brought up that when i was a kid would have gotten me ethics or grounded or otherwise punished.

The second call was last week, the dude adam said he was just updating the mailing list and found a letter from when i was a kid that said i like seafood and movies lol. from when i was like 10 or so, thats how far back theyre dredging and desperate for "bodies". I was gonna give him another earful and be irate, but i decided, what the fuck, its just some dude calling cause they're misinformed and believe theyre part of a wonderful group of people( kids, thats why you never ever ever! read anything negative, er entheta, about scientology, it just might burst the bubble youve been living in lol). He wanted to send a dvd about the basics, and i replied, oh, the basics, cause lrh wasnt at cause enough or aware enough to correct the mistakes. to which he replied lrh knew it was incorrect, and that theyd have to go back and fix it after he was gone. ok, so then what you're saying is that before miscavige, there was no standard tech and lrh lied and deliberately led others down the wrong path and thankfully miscavige fixed it? and he said i was poking holes and attacking. so i said, attacking and pointing out discrepancies are two different things. and he said, no its not. so i said, really? so you cant point out things that dont makes sense or contradict each other without it being attacking, to which he said no, but your being degrading, and i asked how so, to which he repeated his miscaveeg tech fixing story. i mentioned about a flap around the phone number they listed for mental health after 9/11 and he saiud he hadnt heard of it, he doesnt read the news, and doesnt have access to the internet (which is weird cause he said he got my number through accurent(sp?) an online personal info site, but i didnt bring that up). he mentioned as well how tom cruise and adam sandler raised money for japan( whats that got to do with the basics? lol) and then he said volunteer ministers went there and provided a calm place for people to go and they helped out a lot, so i asked, so they provided food and shelter for these people? is there a website with actual stats i can go to thats put out by a government agency and not related to scientology that i can go to to look this up? he gave me the scientology dot org site lol. i said no, i said not affiliated with scientology. we talked about the ideal org situation, to which i asked, has he been outside of l.a. to any ideal orgs? is he aware that a lot of them are empty or low on staff? he said no. i told him it seemed i was more informed about scientoligy than he was. he didnt know miscaveeg grade but somehow knew that lrh was OT 15 lol. we went back to the whole discrepancy of the basics and he eventually acknowledged that lrh was wrong. he said lrh was wrong( it was either lrh was wrong or miscaveeg was wrong, and lrh is dead, so im guessing lrh was the safer bet to say was wrong lol), then this lisa chick came on the phone and told adam she had it from there and told me she was going to hang up on me. i told her she may want to debrief adam cause he got an earful of enturbulation and seemed to start to stutter. she said she wasnt going to talk to me, jus twanted to let me know that my phone number and address would be removed( she kept asking if the address they had was correct and what phone number i want removed too, to which i said , the one adam called me at, he called, he knows the number, and whatever address they have listed, please delete those too). pretty sheisty the way they came up with a phone number and address and called back after me telling them not to the first time a few month ago.

one thing that the call reminded me of, was that scientologists arent rational, they use cirucular logic that only superficially supports their argument, but cant bear close scrutiny. growing up, i saw a lot of things that didnt make sense. i was a child and subject to adults who were pretty insane( in the sense that the way they perceived the world and told me i had to percieve the world didnt match up with the real world, only made sense if you didnt ask any questions. its pretty awesome now to no longer have to be subject to that. i can ask question without repercussions. i dont have to blindly follow some lunatic, and i dont have to worry about being able to take courses or not, cause theres so much better information(data) out there, and its totally free! the tech is like digging through feces to find a tiny pearl here and there. mind you, theres a huge ocean out there with hella oysters and hella pearls to be found without having to dig through the shit of lrh/scientology.

The dude who called seemed genuinely perturbed by what i was saying, he seemed more trying t oconvince himself than trying to convince me, i hope he wakes up and starts thinking for himself. its a good thing to bring up inconsistencies to scientologists, cause it makes it harder for them to live in their fantasy conspiracy world. monsters hide in the dark, and scientology is a big monster, so show some light of truth on it, and see it for what it is. peace and blessings.

ps. if anyone reads the posts here and are an EX, please let me know. i dig the idea of this site, but it does seem to be mostly pro scientology stuff here, and im an EX scientologist, so if there are other EX (again, i mean ex scientology, not ex church of scientology, scientology is scientology regardless of where you practice it) let me know, so i can tell whether its worht posting here or not( even just an anonymous thumbs up would be appreciated)
<<

CherryTree

OTIII

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:50 pm

Hi Coyote13, just like you I'm ex-scientology too, totally, since 2004, you can find my story here too. Good to see new faces around, even though not much activity is going on right now. Feel free to post, share :)
just when you thought it's all wrong it proved otherwise
<<

Recovering Scientologist

EPFer

Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:45 pm

Thanks for posting DV. I still check in here periodically. I would love to see it active again, but as long as it is still up it's a valuable resource like you said.
Congrats on going to college. I'm jealous. :)
<<

Sharone Stainforth

OTIII

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:47 pm

Posted by Coyote 13

ps. if anyone reads the posts here and are an EX, please let me know. i dig the idea of this site, but it does seem to be mostly pro scientology stuff here, and im an EX scientologist, so if there are other EX (again, i mean ex scientology, not ex church of scientology, scientology is scientology regardless of where you practice it) let me know, so i can tell whether its worht posting here or not( even just an anonymous thumbs up would be appreciated)

I don't come here very often anymore either, but like to check in from time to time. This site is a valuable resource and it is a shame that it has gone by the wayside, however I think you will find people do come here, even if only to lurk.

From what I can see the main contributer of late is the pro techies,one of the main reasons I left Exscientologists message board also. Sick to death of seeing so much bullshit. One could block them, but what would be the point. Don't get me wrong, there are some very valuable contributions on the exscientologist message board, however I have better things to do with my time than constantly seeing a scientologist exhorting the wins gained by auditing.As you have so rightly said Scientology is Scientology regardless of where it is practiced. It's still L. Ron Hubbard's drivel.

It is always good to know there are real ex scientologists out there, people who realize it is all a load of hocus pocus designed to mentally unstabilize people, which it does very well,judging by the people that hang onto this charade.

More power to you, I say post away.
the man who"wanted" to rule the world was a science fiction writer, who lived out his fantasies in real life.Some body some day will say this is illegal. It won't come soon enough.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WzE9Fzbrx3w
<<

Sharone Stainforth

OTIII

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:51 pm

double Vee,
Really glad to hear you are doing so well, keep it up.
Love,
Sharone
the man who"wanted" to rule the world was a science fiction writer, who lived out his fantasies in real life.Some body some day will say this is illegal. It won't come soon enough.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WzE9Fzbrx3w
<<

Dallas

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:24 pm

Yes, everyone involved at the beginning of this website is still involved whether daily, weekly or monthly. We all check back now and then and keep tabs. While the Forums have died down a little the website is now on Google's first page when searching "Scientology". Also the amount of emails Jenna receives is hard to keep up with, I try to help her answer some but we still can't get to all of them.

The sign that people aren't on here 24x7 is a good thing as the website was designed to get us ESKs to know we are not alone, so we can recover and get on with our lives. I feel and have heard it's doing just that... though updates are in the works ;)

So thanks to everyone on here for your support and supporting one another.
<<

Graywolf

Non-E

Post Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:39 pm

Re: We're still here

I see this is an old thread. Still.

New-ish member.

Very Ex. ;)

Cheers Coyote!

Return to General Chatter