[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Was I L Ron Hubbard in My Last Life?

Was I L Ron Hubbard in My Last Life?

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:49 am

Was I L Ron Hubbard in My Last Life?

EVERY SCIENTOLOGY KID has this thought at some point. I did. My friends did. Go on, prove me wrong.
<<

Sabrina

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:58 pm

Um, I hope not.

I think you were always yourself. I'm sorry you were convinced otherwise and given a sense that it would be better to be anyone else.

It's too bad Scientology kids are fed the manufactured version of L. Ron's life, because they all could've saved a lot of time and suffering had they known the truth.

He really was charismatic, apparently. So much so that many of the people who actually knew him went along with the fake version, which is unfortunate for all.

I hope it's not too traumatic to ex-Scientology kids to eventually read one of the well-researched and documented biographies of him. There are many familiar names in there, people who eventually spoke up about the process of reinventing him, and perhaps that will help them feel okay about knowing the truth, and comfort them that others have also been deceived at times.
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:07 pm

*laugh* I completely agree. I don't think it's too traumatic for most of us - Ron's real life story was a little odd to say the least.

But my point is simply that, growing up a Scientology kid, there comes that day that you think, "Wait, Ron's dead, people reincarnate, what if I'm HIM REBORN!"

Luckily for me, that idea was put to rest pretty much right away since I was born 3 years before he died. But I'm really curious to see if anyone else had the same thought when they were little kids.
<<

Magoo

Clear

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:25 pm

<<

SaintBastard

Pirate

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:38 am

The power to destroy a thing is the absolute control over it.

Frank Herbert
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:41 am

<<

SaintBastard

Pirate

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:47 am

The power to destroy a thing is the absolute control over it.

Frank Herbert
<<

Hubbard-Telescope

EPFer

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:51 am

<<

Jenna

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:13 am

<<

Dio Brando

EPFer

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:52 am

Don't fear failure-- not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.- Bruce Lee

Return to General Chatter