[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - The Mike Rinder Mystery

The Mike Rinder Mystery

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

guardianofthetubes

Clear

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:34 am

The Mike Rinder Mystery

I have a question for Jenna, however I'm not sure if it is appropriate for me to ask or for you to answer, so please only answer if you are comfortable and it does not endanger anyone.

In your wonderful open letter, you made reference to Mike Rinder being the former head of the OSA, and in radio interview with Eric von Wade, Tory Christman confirmed he left.

I am extremely curious about the circumstances of his departure, and whether he is completely out or still under the control of the Church of Scientology.

I can understand if you cannot answer the question, as you did write in the letter "you can thank me later for not elaborating on this one".

I hope he is safe and will one day speak out.
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:01 pm

<<

hunter

EPFer

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:53 pm

I agree with Tru2form

It takes people of "real" character and love to offer those who want out of Scientology a safe haven. That's why I've even offered an apartment in my basement for Rinder and his family.

Waking up on a "new planet" takes a lot of time for REORIENTATION. Let's turn the tables and become "emergency responders" in our own right.

Proverbs 24:17 -- Don't gloat when your enemy falls, and don't let your heart rejoice when he stumbles, It is quite counterproductive to act in the same manner as that which we condemn ... one of the last statements that Christ made on the cross was ... "Father, forgive them, because they do not know what they are doing." Very profound and certainly appropriate in a 21st century crusade against the religious travesty of Scientology.
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.
-- Blaise Pascal, Pensée #895
<<

guardianofthetubes

Clear

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:05 pm

Kendra and Hunter, the heartfelt compassion you show is admirable. It is exactly this quality that is sorely lacking from the practices of the Church of Scientology.

I agree we should not be quick to judge Mike Rinder. He joined the Sea Org at age 18. I can't imagine what it must be like to spend your entire adult life inside and then walk away from it. He may or may not regret things that happened under his command, but it's obviously good that he has decided to stop being a part of it.
<<

Clickman

OTIII

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:09 am

If it's not fun and doesn't make you happy, DON'T DO IT !!!

School of Hard Knocks
<<

Jo

EPFer

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:16 am

<<

anonypanda

OTIII

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:57 am

Far east Anonymous.

我们匿名
我们军队
我们不会原谅
我们不会忘记
预期我们
<<

RLSteve

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:49 am

<<

Jenna

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:39 am

<<

anonypanda

OTIII

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:30 pm

Far east Anonymous.

我们匿名
我们军队
我们不会原谅
我们不会忘记
预期我们
<<

Plups

Clear

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:10 pm

<<

Lulu Belle

EPFer

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:01 pm

<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:42 am

Last edited by astra on Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

everfree

Clear

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:20 am

<<

HailXxxx79

Clear

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:48 am

<<

Sylar

Non-E

Post Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:41 pm

I'm not sure how often this is discussed in other forums, as this is the first one I've joined... but how does everyone feel about the possibilities of eventually contacting Mr. Rinder in due time? Everyone's comments are very kind and responsible and while I completely agree (give him time, make money, get his family out, whatever the case may be), isn't this someone who really has the power and know-how to really do fatal damage to the Church?

I have so many questions regarding this. Are there chances that he left and is completely fine with it? (I've never known a Scientologist, just extraordinarily amounts of time reading online. And from what I've read, this doesn't seem likely. Don't most people who blow really feel antagonistic towards the Church?) So while I agree we shouldn't be hunting this guy down... at the same time, how long does everyone think we should really give him before Jenna, Kendra, Astra, Tory... someone comes politely knocking at his door? Because, what if he feels he can never come out and talk? He would need some encouragement, no? If so, who would be the best qualified to do this?

*daydreaming* I keep picturing him doing an hour long sit-down with ABC or CNN, where they show all the various old footage of him defending the Co$, and he responds to each piece currently, explaining what he was told to say here or where he was lying there...

Of course maybe DM has auditing/other "blackmail" and Mr. Rinder will never speak out due to his fear of the repercussions. If this is true, I feel we need to make some kind of peace offering... some kind of "we will forgive you for anything if you make-up for your wrongdoings now."

Or, of course, if he did do anything actually illegal, couldn't he make a similar deal with the authorities?: "I did some bad things in this cult, and if we can strike a deal where I can get off for said crimes, I'll tell you things that help you bring this corrupt organization down."

While protesting and all the other activities we take are positive actions, I really feel that maybe THIS (Mr. Rinder's help) is more dangerous to the Church than anything else we do.

Any thoughts/answers? Thanks!
<<

outlander

OT8 Class 12

Post Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:31 pm

Miike Rinder was somewhat of a friend, our families knew each other in Melbourne and he and I worked together in the Sea Org; with both of us managing the other at times. My personal dealings with him were consistent, he was a person of honor, passion and drive that did what he felt was the right thing to do. Over a period of years, he never did me wrong. We were both in the same army fighting the same "enemy". I spent time with his brother in Melbourne a little over a year ago.

I am sure he is struggling with much of what I have fought, relief at being out, shock horror and regret at realizing we battled for the wrong side, regret at some of the bad things which were done with a clear heart and good intentions. It is not easy coming out at our age, with no marketable career, not knowing the reality or mechanics of the outside world, etc.

If someone who reads this would care to forward this to Mike, please do with the following message.

Mike, congratulations on dropping your world in blender and turning it on high! Add some spinach, cook, and you have quiche... good tucker!

If you want to drop a line, email me privately, and we can proceed towards open comm. I have done fairly well since leaving, figured out how to play the game on an acceptable level outside the church, and would be happy to share as we have done before. I am isolated and secure.

My game isn’t focused on battling with the Church. I am trying to live the motto: "the best revenge is living well". As, with what Kendra wrote, if you want to chat, Scientology doesn’t need to even come up.

You do have the right to recover, you do have the right to succeed and flourish. If I can do it, should be cake for you.

Otherwise, I wish you success. Keep this in mind after you get back on your feet, would be happy to have a beer with you anytime, anywhere.
Create that of your life that which you would like to see in a changed world. Ghandi
<<

ImOut

OTIII

Post Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:20 pm

Isn't it grand to be out!

Return to General Chatter