[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - My favorite quotes, for history's sake, Chuck Beatty

My favorite quotes, for history's sake, Chuck Beatty

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

chuckbeatty77

EPFer

Post Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:27 pm

My favorite quotes, for history's sake, Chuck Beatty

Chuck Beatty 412-260-1170, Pittsburgh
<<

RonTheCon

OTIII

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:29 pm

Greeting Chuck I whent Public in march of this year..OSA can kiss my ass . I have appox 25 utube out there from the protest...what made me protest is scientology active fair game Policy...as long as fair game is active.. my Policy is protest active fair game..D M intellect is to low to understand this.. he will never get it.. he loves to hurt innocent people because of there free speech...my brother darren may is doing the same as me, he has loads of utube out there all so . just another 2 x scientologist that whent Public....we have had loads of media talk to us...I say lets get it on . free speech is the american way of life... scientology has turned into a hate machine full of corruption... OSA work hard to HURT people.. this is there way of life, THEY DO NOT EVEN UNDERSTAND there KARMA FOR THERE ACTIONS. AND WHAT THEY WILL PULL IN... they are not even aware of this law, for OAS intellect is to low , they are mind less obedient drones that take orders, each osa guy thinking they can please D M for a higher positon of greed and power. the den of demons were no one trust any one..were they can black mail each other into chilling silence of treachery ..were a mans soul trumbles, as sin knochith at the door, fear comes to them, await his fate for his sinfull action..OSA feeds there mind on vengeance.. each OSA person thinking he can excape gods law..... give me a call any time Peter Devaney jr 360-510- 3938 sumas wa 98295
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:01 pm

I love it!!
They are killing themselves. :lol:
"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

RonTheCon

OTIII

Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:35 pm

<<

chuckbeatty77

EPFer

Post Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:57 pm

Roy Wallis' book "The Road to Total Freedom" 1977

<<

chuckbeatty77

EPFer

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:27 pm

"The Road to Total Freedom" Roy Wallis

Roy Wallis’ book “The Road to Total Freedom” is a tough read, but if you use Wikipedia and the Onelook sites to clear up the words, I find this book best puts Hubbard and Dianetics and Scientology in their place. (I’m hoping someone someday does a Part 2, since Wallis only covered the Hubbard movement up until 1977, and no scholar has taken up the history from 1977 onwards in depth yet.)

p. 68 "The Road to Total Freedom" by Roy Wallis, 1977, Columbia Univ Press:

"The self-improvement and healing cults"

"Dianetics has a place in a continuing tradition of self-improvement movements in the recent history of the United States. Enormously accelerated social mobility and an ideology of individual achievement led to the emergence of a concern for infallible techniques that would ensure success for the mobility-oriented. This was a particularly pressing concern for those who had failed in, or failed to gain access to, the major channels of mobility in modern industrial societies, the institutions of higher education. The late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries saw the appearance of various movements and organizations which offered access
to advanced, occult, metaphysical, or otherwise esoteric knowledge …..Movements such as New Thought [see Wikipedia article on New Thought] suggested that prosperity and success were available to everyone. The use of a few simple techniques would enable anyone to overcome the limitations which he believed held him back.”
Last edited by chuckbeatty77 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

chuckbeatty77

EPFer

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:28 pm

Page 68 "The Road to Total Freedom"

It's worth it to slug through as much of Roy Wallis' book as you can absorb.
<<

chuckbeatty77

EPFer

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:51 am

Why Hubbard chose "Scientology"

Roy Wallis, “The Road to Total Freedom”, page 70, Columbia Univ Press, 1977.

“As, through the early twentieth century, medical practice became more competent to deal with physical illness, expectations of health and well-being became increasingly centered on the psychological domain and the difficulties of interpersonal relations. Movements like Christian Science [see Wikipedia article] and New Thought [see Wikipedia article] which had claimed efficacy in handling physical illness lost ground, while others arose offering psychological well-being; release of mental and emotional tensions for psychosomatic and neurotic illness; techniques for releasing hidden inner abilities; and means of ‘making friends and influencing people’. In such areas science has yet achieved little concrete progress, and the market remains open to cultic groups offering knowledge and techniques produced by more mystical, occult, or pseudo-scientific means. Whatever the source of such knowledge the prestige of science has become such as to require that almost every new movement entering this field claim scientific legitimacy and authority, if by no other means than that of incorporating ‘science’ in its title.”

Roy Wallis, 1977

Return to General Chatter