[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - breaking family bonds and other allegiance

breaking family bonds and other allegiance

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Dennis Erlich

EPFer

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:07 pm

breaking family bonds and other allegiance

Hey y'all,

I wonder if any of you kids noticed the powerful mechanisms at work within the cult to break down your other bonds and associations in addition to weakening your family ties.

I remember that it was obvious to experienced SeaOgres that we were often put in a position where we had to "bust" or kangaroo-court one our close friends or respected colleagues. Of course if we didn't find our pals guilty of all the charges that were brought down from On High, we were then charged with (and of course found guilty of) the same crimes.

Having to disconnect from friends and family because of them being "in bad" with the cult causes a real darkness to decend over many people's lives. I can feel it when I read your stories of growing up within. I pray that someday the darkness that entered our lives can finally lift. But years after we left, my oldest child told me that when she thinks of me she gets the same feeling she got when she first watched "Apocalypse Now."

I'm afraid I'll have to take that one to my grave.

Be well,
Dennis
"Here I sit so patiently, waiting to find out what price
You have to pay to get out of going through all these things twice" - B Dylan
<<

Zendon

Clear

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:38 pm

<<

Dennis Erlich

EPFer

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:29 am