[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - The Money

The Money

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Jackie

Non-E

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:44 am

The Money

I guess the question I have always had about Scientology is: What does the Church of Scientology do with all the money?

I used to think the money went into all the amazing properties CoS has acquired, but now that I have learned about the existence of the Sea Organization and the practically free labor it provides CoS, I am really wondering what all that money is used for. And after reading personal accounts of the endless hours of intense manual labor by thousands of Sea Org members, I have to wonder: Is Scientology up to something I should be worried about? Are they building WMD’s?

But seriously, kids. Does anyone have an idea where the money trail leads?
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:24 am

<<

Clickman

OTIII

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:40 am

When I was last there years ago, there was almost 400 million dollars in Sea Org Reserves. This was the big stash of money. The idea was to get SOR up as high as possible in case Scientology lost the IRS tax exempt status and had to pay back taxes.

Of course in the early 90's they got it, and that threat went away. Money from SOR was used to pay cash for new buildings and renovations at that time.

Separately, in the early 80s, large amounts of money was funneled to LRH and his accounts during the corporate sort out of Scientology. Although LRH said he didn't get paid for his research etc, that was a big fat lie. We are talking 10's of millions of dollars funneled to him in the early 80s, meanwhile staff could barely eat or pay rent off their weekly pay.

When he died, it was willed to the Church of Spiritual Technology, or CST. It was a large amount if I recall. Almost $200 million dollars. CST was set up by LRH in order to store all of his writings and research on titanium plates in underground vaults in the mountains in several locations in case of nuclear holocaust or some such tragedy.

When I was last there, Scientology was making over 10 million dollars in income weekly cumulative all over the world.

My understanding from friends who have recently left, is that they are making no where near that amount any longer and instead concentrate on "Donations" to the International Association of Scientology from large donors for survival.

The girl that does the Bart Simpson voice recently donated 10 million dollars for example.

They certainly are not making money from large numbers of new people joining Scientology, because they are just not there and Management does not concentrate on large numbers of new people.

Instead they get as much as possible from rich public.
If it's not fun and doesn't make you happy, DON'T DO IT !!!

School of Hard Knocks
<<

ChaoticPsychotic

OTIII

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:23 pm

Funny, I always wondered the same thing about the $$$$.
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently" - Nietzsche
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:51 pm

Apparently, it goes to such important causes as throwing a $200,000 birthday party for Tom Cruise. Because really, that's what TC needs. More money thrown at him.

I know bushkagnd said something about this, and I was just floored. Is that what they're doing with IAS parishoner donations? Wining and dining Tom CRUISE?

I mean, I have no idea where they got the money from to do that, but as bushka pointed out, probably not out of David Miscavige's pocket. Ugh! :evil:

Anyway, it's certainly not going to getting their staff a living wage or nicer living conditions. I'll be a lot of it is spent on legal fees and property.
<<

Anonerly

EPFer

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:54 pm

I am going to assume that the Co$ applies the capitalist theory in this case.

A large chunk goes to the "owners", the rest goes toward expansion and continuing to increase profit margains.
<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:09 pm

"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
<<

mickwenlock

Clear

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:35 pm

If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.

Return to General Chatter