[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - What would you rather happened to Co$?

What would you rather happened to Co$?

Moderator: doubleVee

That it just withers and dies. The world is a better place without any of Hubbard's relics.
58%
That it undergoes a slight reform, some policies are needed to keep the tech working.
No votes
That it undergoes a fundamental reform, omitting numerous books and policies and reconsiders it's pricing.
19%
That Scientology shatters and break-away sects carry the movement on in various directions.
22%

Total votes : 36
<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:54 am

I think it's fair to say that a lot is happening right now. Every day more and more voices speak up against the violations of human rights commited by Scientology.

With the upcoming Ides of March and Operation Reconnect, it's safe to think that the force opposing Scientology will only get stronger and stronger.

The ideal outcome would be that DM was arrested and tried, along with others from the management. In the event that CoS in its present form collapses in on itself (which I think at this point is inevitable), maybe someone takes the helm and reforms it. Or it shatters and different people decide to take it into different directions of interest.

In the event of a collapse, what would you have happen to Scientology? What are your thoughts?

EDIT: Oh well, maybe not the best formulated poll, but anyway, you (hopefully) get the idea.
Last edited by Holden Caulfield on Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
<<

ChaoticPsychotic

OTIII

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:01 am

"The only way to fix it is to flush it all away" - TOOL

And that's my thought on the subject!
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently" - Nietzsche
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:06 am

<<

AthlAnon 88

EPFer

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:27 am

Ideally, I'd like to see it all shrivel to ash, but I know that's not likely to happen. I think in the end, it'll be reformed completely, and branched into much smaller denominations.

You know, it's funny, a lot of people aren't aware that Martin Luther was a major antisemitic that wrote rants against the Jews that are on par with Hitler's rants. Even the Lutheran church more or less said "Yeah... we know better than to take all of Luther's writings into practice."
"Ba Ba"
<<

anonynom

EPFer

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:30 am

My feeling on this is that I don't have much of a problem with "Free Zoners", which as far as I know is Scientology minus all the social problems that goes with that organization. I'd like to see CoS go down, but I'm still very much for religious freedom and having the right to believe whatever you want, even if that means that you're a result of an alien galactic genocide. *shrug*
<<

AthlAnon 88

EPFer

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:09 am

"Ba Ba"
<<

browniz

EPFer

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:38 am

<<

AnonymousID-V42B

Clear

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:22 am

"If David Miscaviage declared hell suppressive, I would make at least a favorable reference to the Devil in /b/."
~Anonymous
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:05 pm

<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:36 pm

The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

ahnonnymaus

EPFer

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:57 pm

Never alone.
<<

chipgallo

EPFer

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:23 pm

<<

thkaal

Clear

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:10 pm

Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered, I have fought my way here
to the castle beyond the goblin city to take back the child you have stolen. For my will is as strong as yours and
my kingdom is as great!

You have no power over me.
<<

MrMarcab

EPFer

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:19 pm

The moon's a balloon.
<<

Anonerly

EPFer

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:01 pm

<<

bushkaGND

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:34 am

My personal opinion

Personally, I do think there is a lot of positive and useful technology and philosophy in Sceintology that I still use to this day, but it's extremely basic like organization skills, and different mottos and stuff. I mean, let's face it, there's no way it would still be in existence today if there was NOTHING good about it at all. To me, however none of these things would constitute a religion. I am not for organized religion at all. Therefore, I think it would be best if the books of LRH were perserved and made available to everyone to use at their own will, but the Church and it's structure and management should be disbanded.
<<

stillinclearwater

EPFer

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:14 am

<<

AnonymousID-V42B

Clear

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:31 am

"If David Miscaviage declared hell suppressive, I would make at least a favorable reference to the Devil in /b/."
~Anonymous

Return to General Chatter