[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - past life tech, why arent they all ritch?

past life tech, why arent they all ritch?

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

verboten

EPFer

Post Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:05 pm

past life tech, why arent they all ritch?

-Unknown author.
"Neurotics build castles in the sky, psychotics live in them, and psychologists collect the rent!"
Where does that leave Us?
<<

outlander

OT8 Class 12

Post Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:12 am

What a thought provoking question, I love it!

In Science, Math, Chemestry, Engineering ... all the applied sciences, require real world application to measurable results. If Scientology improves IQ, gives whole track recall and we have been around for millions, tens of millions of years, hundreds of millions of years through societies far more technologically advanced than us ... why haven't Scientologists developed technology to advance society, the environment, our quality of life, or the world at large?

From my history in Scientology, I know there is no policy not to use whole track recall to develop solutions to society. There is policy not to discuss whole track recall ... mainly for PR reasons ... freaks people out. But the COS would LOVE to have a Scientologist become the next Thomas Edison or Einstein.

The answer, statistically, is somehow it doesn't happen or doesn't work. Maybe the stuff remembered is generally delusional, without specifics. That doesn't totally answer it, because Science Fiction is the creative spark for many of todays inventions.

Perhaps the arrogance of the Scientology culture creates some kind of mental block ... something that prevents learning enough of the physical sciences to learn to test, prove or disprove the principles. Maybe they can't look at anything so closely that it might be proven wrong.

When I was a kid is Scientology, a second generation, raised in the culture of whole track, I had the same question, but from the perspective of harnesing the data from the whole track to change the world, and create wealth. My father who worked 2-3 jobs for my whole childhood to get money for Scientology shared and nurtured this idea with me. Most of the warmest and best conversations I had with my father were on this subject, it was one of the only subjects exciting enough to him that he was energized to spend time with me after his long work days. We both fancied ourselvelves as inventors, even tried a number of things, the most notable of which caused explosions or fire.

I also used to have lots of conversations on this subject with other people who thought they could invent whole track stuff, this seems to have been more popular in Australia where inventing and tinkering is more a way of life. No one was ever able to make anything useful work.

So ... if we generalize whole track to Science Fiction, why hasnt any of the SciFi resulted in wealth? Scientology does not believe in formal education ... formal education of the physical sciences is secondary. You can't make this work without an understanding of the phsyical Sciences. Hubbards gospal of the phsical sciences is all taught ... some of it might be true, but much is faulty. That condems it all, and efforts to build on it.

But even if whole track is bullshit, if none of this is real, what if Scientology truly raises IQ. Why arent' there more Scientology millionaires than average? If Scientology raises EQ, why aren't there home grown Tom Cruises and John Travoltas ... politicians, etc. Not already successful people recruited into the fold? There are very few examples, Sky Dalton ... nothing one would expect further than the genetic lottery or luck.

It may be true, to believers and others, that "pure Scientology tech" makes you feel better and may help in life, but I would suggest the the opressive nature of the Scientology culture and organization prevents people from realizing these benefits, consistently broke from giving everything to the church, consistently stressed from fear of doing things wrong, Sec Checking that stops people from reaching out into the world ... negates most if not all of any gains available from the "Tech".
Create that of your life that which you would like to see in a changed world. Ghandi
<<

SnowyR

EPFer

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:45 am

<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:24 pm

"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

I Escaped

EPFer

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:33 pm

Return to General Chatter