[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Where does all the money go?

Where does all the money go?

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Heynow999

Non-E

Post Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:18 pm

Where does all the money go?

<<

James McGuigan

Ghost in the Machine

Post Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:15 am

Freedom is a choice. Choose to be yourself, choose to speak your truth and do so with compassion. And above all else, choose to be not afraid. If I can't dance, its not my revolution.
<<

James McGuigan

Ghost in the Machine

Post Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:28 am

Freedom is a choice. Choose to be yourself, choose to speak your truth and do so with compassion. And above all else, choose to be not afraid. If I can't dance, its not my revolution.
<<

LronIsgonE_Snap

Suppressive Person

Post Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:49 pm

Enjoy your life today,
For time is fleeting.
<<

speckledtrout

Clear

Post Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:04 am

mikolot mayim rabim adirim, mishbarai'yam
--Ps. 93
<<

speckledtrout

Clear

Post Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:16 pm

These two blog posts by a Scientologist are interesting on this subject:

http://myscientology.blogspot.com/2008/ ... again.html

http://myscientology.blogspot.com/2008/ ... st-of.html

Some of it is of course very disingenous, such as the claim that money goes towards paying staff. The point that it costs a nice chunk of change to become a rabbi or priest as well, however, is interesting, as is the distinction between auditing and training.

He is however TOTALLY leaving out the "hard sell" aspect of this or the disregard for member's personal finances.
--Ps. 93
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:58 pm

Walk into an org and get free auditing...LMFAO!
"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

speckledtrout

Clear

Post Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:09 pm

You mean this bit?
"Or you can work in a Church and get your auditing for free."

Yeah. Nice omission of freeloaders debt.
--Ps. 93
<<

LronIsgonE_Snap

Suppressive Person

Post Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:30 pm

Most Staff and SO are kept so busy with their duties that they have a hard time getting much auditing. In addition, the services of trained auditors are usually reserved for paying public.
Enjoy your life today,
For time is fleeting.
<<

speckledtrout

Clear

Post Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:36 pm

I don't think I have met very many SO members who are on their OT levels, come to think. Not that I usually go around interrogating them, but still.
--Ps. 93
<<

RonTheCon

OTIII

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:10 am

<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:27 pm

Just a quick question- do we have any proof the money goes to DM or is he just a convienent scapegoat? I ask because it seems to me if he was really 'a con man who knew his religion was a scam' he would use his money to protect himself first of all. Granted he does that already with things like lawyers and political action committees, but then why didn't he clean up the asbestos on the Freewinds? He too would have been on that ship at times. Was he really thinking "oh, my Scientology will fix this"?. Why is there conflicting evidence whether he shares his money with other con artist buddies and lavish them with luxury? No one man can run a worldwide con scheme alone. Even Hitler had Goebbels, Himmler, Eichmann and Eva Braun. Yes, there have been other CoS execs and prominent members seen wasting money, but they are also subject to disciplinary action. Mike Rinder, Marty Rathbun, and Warren McShane are all declared SP. Tom Cruise had to stop his evangelizing when it ruined his career (I assume that has church approval). I'm just saying the evidence seems to damage your allegations, ronthecon. Call me an OSA agent if you will, I'm used to unfounded labels. If you or someone else displays valid proof, I will concede. I just want to know. Thanks in advance.
<<

speckledtrout

Clear

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:28 pm

My hunch is that DM is a true believer. A twisted, sadistic, diminutive believer--but a believer.

Which oddly, would make Scientology less of a con. Not less destructive, necessarily, but not a con.

I guess if you think of DM as any other CEO, maybe he is paid about what they would be? But even CEO's have to pay their employees, and DM doesn't seem to be spending THAT much moolah. So who knows.
--Ps. 93
<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:59 am

He ought to pay all his people better, that's for sure. Of course, Mr. Headley is working on that. :)
<<

cantsay

Non-E

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:32 am

Think for yourself, for Petes sake!!
<<

speckledtrout

Clear

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:42 am

--Ps. 93
<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:13 am

<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:16 pm

The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

I Escaped

EPFer

Post Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:38 pm

<<

owl

EPFer

Post Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:20 am

Last edited by owl on Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Next

Return to General Chatter