[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - March 5th Update on Headley Labor Cases

March 5th Update on Headley Labor Cases

Moderator: doubleVee

If the Headley cases were setlled out of court or won, would you be willing to bring a case against the Organization for back wages owed to you?

Yes
67%
No
8%
Maybe, I would need more information regarding what it would take to do so
25%

Total votes : 12
<<

blownforgood

EPFer

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:26 am

March 5th Update on Headley Labor Cases

Well, it looks as if the cases have now been officially served. The ball is now in the Scilon’s court as to what happens next. No pun intended.

There are several websites and media organizations that are starting to spread the word about the labor abuses. It also seems that more and more people are now starting to come out of the woodwork and speaking out. The more, the better. I just came across a local website that is doing a series of these articles that deal with the labor violations. I include the link here.

Digg it and get the link out. Turns out that Burbank has more SP’s per capita than any other city in the US!! It has been documented. Anyway, if you know someone who has a story of how they were abused, have them send this guy an email dmslaughter29@gmail.com

Even after my last fair game posting I did last week, Tommy Davis has continued to meet with people and practice the “no longer practiced” disconnection policy. Breaking up families and friends seems to be a new statistic they keep at OSA and RTC. Now they are even saying that people can talk to other SP’s, but not me! What happened to the good ol days when SPs were just SPs. Now there are different levels of SPs. So much to keep track of. If anyone is interested, I am thinking about offering a FREE course on how to reach SP level 8. It is damn simple and can be attained in just a few short days!

All joking aside, Tommy’s latest pet peeve is having to drive all the way out to Hemet and Riverside and then back to LA so much. He is spending almost as much time in the car as he is breaking up families. Almost makes you wonder how Tommy Davis does it, one day he is breaking up a family and having people arrested for standing by a road and then the next day he is protecting small purple flowers and lying through his teeth on national TV.

Also interesting is that the hotel he has been holding his libel/disconnection meetings with people at is ONE BLOCK FROM MY HOUSE. I was literally walking out of the store with groceries and saw him pulling up for a meeting! I don’t usually bring my long zoom lens into the store with me so missed the photo op!

I will post any updates as they happen.
Epic threads coming soon! I promise. (Turns out I know a guy that has a droid that contains the plans for the Death Star.)

Until next time…

BFG
“You can’t change the world, but you can change the facts.
And, when you change the facts, you change points of view.
When you change points of view, you may change the vote.
And when you change the vote, you may change the world.”
<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:45 pm

Thanks so much for keeping ESK updated on the case. This is huge. You have our utmost support.
I decided long ago, really when I did my first newspaper interview, that I was better off with the friends and family who would support me and not manipulate me than I was having any 'relationship" with someone who ultimately wanted to control me. Even if that initial group of friends and family was extremely small.
I will never understand people who are willing to turn a blind eye to the CofS massively long list of abuses just so they can talk to a family member when that family member is manipulating them and themself being manipulated by the CofS.
I guess this lawsuit is separating those who really want to see some change and who are willing to put themselves on the line so as to stop these abuses happening to other people in the future from those who just want their mom/dad/sister/uncle or whomever to talk to them again.
So thanks again to you and Claire for having the guts to fight back and the integrity to do what is right.
Astra
<<

dt2000

Clear

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:06 pm

Thanks for keeping us posted!
<<

invisible

ESK Reporter

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:15 pm

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
--Gandhi
<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:38 pm

<<

invisible

ESK Reporter

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:18 pm

"Be the change you want to see in the world."
--Gandhi
<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:29 pm

Astra, I totally agree. Relationships are not beneficial when they only include manipulation. Arrogance and holier-than-thou attitudes are always wrong. I have had characters based on Sci celebs condemn these attitudes in my fanfiction, and I condemn them myself here.

A tendency to put oneself above others, a low frustration tolerance, a proclivity to deception and manipulation, a lack of remorse. Scientologists and psychs alike agree these are among the traits of an anti-social personality. That says right there they should not be displayed. Are you listening, CoS?

Invisible is correct that breaking up families is a bad thing as well. Scientologists need to stop choosing to bring that about, and their leaders need to stop encouraging the possibility. I truly believe that every ex-Sci here with family members and friends still inside could reconcile with them if given the chance. If that happened, would that not be an improvement in conditions for everyone? I think it would.

If speaking out and separating yourself from your loved ones by their own fear is your only decision, remember that you have many friends out there. Much support. You can find it here and in other places too.

I can't participate in this lawsuit as a claimant because I was never staff, but if I were, hell yeah, I would want my owed wages back. I would also want my freeloader debt forgiven, and a share of the punitive damages. Not just because I need money right now in this bad economy either. I would want it because it was proper. Also, because I know that if negative consequences were given to me following it, the CoS would be further proving their critics correct about them. They shouldn't want to do that IMO.
<<

Bernster

EPFer

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:47 am

The Bernster
<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:36 am

<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:59 am

Amen, Bernster. Disconnection, Fair Game, and everything else you noted are just plain wrong, for whatever reason. They should never be motivated or enacted. It is an unfortunate fact that they are, and something I hope to change somehow soon. My methods aren't as drastic as others', but my committment is there. Good luck to you and thanks for your supportive words.
<<

Avery1

Clear

Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:10 am

<<

blownforgood

EPFer

Post Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:35 am

Press on Labor case

Another news story from Burbank Examiner.

This time it is about my labor complaint.

Until Next time...
BFG
<<

blownforgood

EPFer

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:48 pm

New developments in labor cases

There have been new developments in the lawsuits. Here is the deal. RTC delivered a motion seeking sanctions against my lawyer personally, including RTC's attorneys' fees, unless he dismissed RTC forthwith from my wife’s case. They suggested that my attorney had filed a frivolous case against RTC. It was suggested that any reasonable attorney would know better if he had done a proper investigation.

Well, we had done a lot of research and investigation but this motivated us to dig even deeper. We thought were on the right track, but my lawyer went back to the law library and drafting board.
Several days later what emerged was a new and improved complaint in Claire's case.

The statute of limitation, human trafficking, and employee allegations have been expanded and we worked in the tax compliance manual for good measure. (thanks to whomever posted that recently)

Where we had a good case before, we now have a great case and with the extra time we have been given, the complaint is now rock solid and self explanatory. The “indicators” for human trafficking are especially interesting. It was like they had listed out any and all situations that exist at the Int Base and made those the qualification for human trafficking. It is actually amazing how the human trafficking violations so closely follow their day to day operations at the Int Base.

Link to dox is below.

Over the next few months there will be depositions and other exciting back and forth.

It has started.

http://www.scribd.com/full/14464561?acc ... 4aiy9a95ss

Until next time…
BFG
<<

LronIsgonE_Snap

Suppressive Person

Post Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:54 am

That's terrific, Marc! Another CoS :shootfoot: (no surprise there).
Enjoy your life today,
For time is fleeting.
<<

Bernster

EPFer

Post Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:24 am

THIS!
:shootfoot:
The Bernster
<<

blownforgood

EPFer

Post Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:56 pm

April 28 update

<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: New developments in labor cases

Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)
<<

Avery1

Clear

Post Sun May 03, 2009 3:27 am

Return to General Chatter