[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Scientology and Harry Potter

Scientology and Harry Potter

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

mrtampa

Clear

Post Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:26 am

Scientology and Harry Potter

Just need your opinion guys. I was in the Scientology for half of my life, almost born there, I was in the SO. I remember I liked the Harry Potter books, many of us did actually... In 2002 as far as I remember all SO stuff were supposed to read in their "free times" Scientology book and listen to sceintology lectures in chronological order. When they saw us reading Harry Potter at home we got into trouble. Even the Captain FSO said we were not supposed to read Harry Potter, as it was not written by LRH. Also they took my little chess computer because it was not "LRH idea" to play chess while traveling to the base on a bus, so I had no hobby anymore - I was used to win chess tournaments before going to SO. I had no idea preaviously how internet worked.

I have not watched TV for 11 yrs in the SO, when I got out I ordered DirecTV rigth away :D , and got my internet a year ago.

I do know OSA guys are reading all these posts here too :D ... Isn't this ridicolous????? You wog guys - you are like muggles - inferior from SO guys' viewpoint, because you dudes are abberated and we can shape matter, energy, space and time on higher levels or in the SO, and you don't.... Isn't there something wrong how SO staff considers guys like you?

Isn't it getting ridicolous?
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:17 pm

Thing is, when looking in from the outside on a cult situation you end up with thinking; "Well, what else did you expect?" quite a lot. The wog-muggle comparison happens to be one such item.

For this particular one there happens to be a reasoning though. Scientology survives on what can be called positive-reinforcement-hypnosis. What it quite simply boils down to is to elate you as much as possible in situations when you are already feeling that you are doing something right. The other side of it, the negative reinforcement, usually happens to those who are well within the confines of the belief already, and is used to scare them into staying.
Anyway, returning to positive reinforcement; this then happens to be why scientology is such a self-centered and egotistical set of beliefs. Because all the positive reinforcement is directed at you, and you alone, no one is better than you, because no one has done as well you have been told time and time again. Now, when this applies to other scilons, how do you think it applies to those completely on the outside of the perfection you are, those who can't even begin to attain it?

The power of self-dillusionment is strong when enforced.
The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is
<<

mrtampa

Clear

Post Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:12 pm

You are right - they put you into a bubble. It once occured to me when I was going through the ase level of staff members and I saw a cleaner (was a "bit" crazy dude) was OT III, an other one who who behaved oddly all he time was Clear - I told myself I do not want to becme on of them, talking to themselves on the bus, behaving beserk those are not my goals...
<<

leereyno

Clear

Post Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:03 pm

Scientology: Proof that evil is not merely the absence of good.

Return to General Chatter