Ability Plus - Delphi's Less Fortunate Cousin

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:25 pm

Ability Plus - Delphi's Less Fortunate Cousin

I never went to Delphi, but before I joined the Sea Org, I went to Ability Plus. We were across the street from Delphi in La Canada for a while and then moved to Woodland Hills.
We used Delphi checksheets and thought Delphi was a great school while we just had two classrooms, one for little kids and one for older kids. There was no real curriculum. Not a single kid graudated in the years that I went there. Oh, how I longed to go to Delphi!
Did anyone else go to Ability Plus?
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:42 am

I remember Ability Plus. Hey, you guys may not have had more than 2 classrooms, but you did have Starcraft on the school computers. My geeky guy friends would always sneak over to A+ after school and play.
Us rabbits? DO something? - Wind in the Willows
<<

anonypanda

OTIII

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:04 am

Tru2form wrote:I remember Ability Plus. Hey, you guys may not have had more than 2 classrooms, but you did have Starcraft on the school computers. My geeky guy friends would always sneak over to A+ after school and play.

Epic.
Far east Anonymous.

我们匿名
我们军队
我们不会原谅
我们不会忘记
预期我们
<<

SupremeRulah

EPFer

Post Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:07 pm

My mom taught there before I was born, and before it became a Renaissance Academy, where she also taught, and I was enrolled almost my entire school life.
<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:40 pm

SupremeRulah wrote:My mom taught there before I was born, and before it became a Renaissance Academy, where she also taught, and I was enrolled almost my entire school life.

Thanks for the post, I didn't know it had become a Renaissance Academy.... is the school still around? where was it located when you went there? What kind of an education did you get. Sorry for all the questions, feel free to answer only what you feel comfortable with!
<<

SupremeRulah

EPFer

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:35 am

The school was and still is located in the same location – in La Canada, literally right next door to where Delphi used to be. If you went to either place you were probably well aware of the stupid rivalry that was always taking place between Delphi and Renaissance and Pinewood.

For those of you who are interested, Pinewood later changed management and then its name, LAALA, and I believe it no longer exists. I went there for a couple years.

My education is a really long story, and one I will probably make a separate post about, because it’s probably the most important aspect of my “story”.

Renaissance is still there and every time they get a new principal the school just becomes a different kind of stupid.
I am serving time
all for a crime I didn't commit
You'll ask the truth
You know I'd do it all the same
Left for dead
Heaven is only in my head

-Win Butler
<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:35 am

Ah, very interesting. I'll have to drive by some day for old time's sake.

Looking forward to seeing your story.
<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:10 am

Re: Ability Plus - Delphi's Less Fortunate Cousin

astra wrote:Did anyone else go to Ability Plus?

I might have. I honestly don't know. My parents put us in so many schools they are all a blur.

I remember going to first grade, 5 years old, somewhere in Florida, and spending a good chunk of each day doing self analysis processing. You'd think I could remember more ha ha.
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:59 am

Re: Ability Plus - Delphi's Less Fortunate Cousin

doubleVee wrote:
astra wrote:Did anyone else go to Ability Plus?

I might have. I honestly don't know. My parents put us in so many schools they are all a blur.

I remember going to first grade, 5 years old, somewhere in Florida, and spending a good chunk of each day doing self analysis processing. You'd think I could remember more ha ha.

Wonder if that was True School. I was there for 6 months when I was six.
Us rabbits? DO something? - Wind in the Willows

Return to Scientology Education