Anyone else go to the True School (in Clearwater)

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Walker.

Clear

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:23 pm

Anyone else go to the True School (in Clearwater)

Hello, as a young person i attended the True School. It then turned into a shoddy version of a Delphi Academy. It was run by a total lunatic at the time named Sandy Adair. I was wondering if anyone else went there and is willing to share their experience/opinion.

My experience was that it was basically not a school at all, just a bunch of jokes lain out in the form of checksheets and ridiculous LRH rants. Having to read through that man's stupid thought process all the time while i was trying to get an education was like watching Barney the Dinosaur teach advanced physics. I learned just about nothing from any Scientology school i ever went to, and my education never recovered because of it. However i am now decently self educated. I want to know what you guys think, even if you have posted before, if you are sick of giving Delphi opinions then what would be nice is just any sentiment. Feel free to go wild tho.
And this just feels like spinning plates
Our bodies floating down the muddy river
-Radiohead
<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:59 pm

Any relation to Real School?
Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)
<<

Walker.

Clear

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:03 pm

I don't know, it was the main Scientology school in Clearwater. All Scientology schools are connected tho, feel free to share your experience.
-Radiohead
<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:23 pm

I went to True School in CL in 88, I forget how long, but at least for the better part of a year. I was arounf 10 at the time.

I agree, the place was a mess, undisciplined kids who were foul mothed and ther were constantly KR wars going on. I of course liked it there, there was no such thing as homework, for example, and we went to all kinds of field trips all the time.

I'm bad with names but I did have a few friends there and most of the kids were Scilon kids, with few exceptions. My mom thought that Wog school was suppressive and enrolled be there where I would be safe. Nedless to say, I didn't learn to read and write fully until I was about 12 or something.
"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
<<

Walker.

Clear

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:13 pm

Ahaha....KR's...I remember those. I went there in the early 90's. I wonder what the other Delphis were like. The main problem with Scieno schools was that they were fun because they had no structure or homework like you said. That was the problem because little kids have no f'ing idea whether they are getting an education or not.
-Radiohead
<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:22 pm

I didn't go to True School. Hey I thought I had gone to all of them except MK Ranch! Ha. (Well, I never went to Delphi Oregon either, only LA.)

But I have to agree on the general state of things, all the schools were basically the same. Except, I did have to do a lot more work at Delphi -- fat lot of good it did me. There were varying degrees of bullying and getting beat up. The California Ranch School was the worst for kids hurting other kids, and Delphi was the scariest for adult discipline and punishment. (We heard that the MK Ranch was far worse however.) The best one was the Learning Connection. I never found any of them "fun". The kindest words I can apply to Scientology schools are useless, chaos and anarchy.

My mom thought it was hysterical that I kept asking "when do I get to go to real school?" and complaining that I wanted to actually learn stuff. I kept begging to either go to a british boarding school or a military school because somehow I thought that must be the way to learn things (I really wanted some structure).

My cousin did go to Greenfields (the Scilon boarding school in East Grinstead) and loved it and apparently did get quite a good education.
Last edited by doubleVee on Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)
<<

Walker.

Clear

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:38 pm

Wow, this is all so wierd for me. I have only recently discovered anon and this whole movement. I thought ex scieno kids were just never going to speak up or they were just crushed or something. Your guys's experiences are a lot like mine. That makes sense that the kids would beat up the other kids, especially because all the students were being neglected and abused by both teachers and parents.

OMG that's so wierd, i also kept complaining that i wanted to go to a real school, and eventually forced my way into it. After getting out of Scientology (tho i didnt tell my fam who were still in) i basically forced my mom to let me go to regular school. Except uh...by now i had been in so much Scientology school and so many different schools that i couldn't really hack it.
-Radiohead
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:35 am

I went to True School for 6 months when I was 6 years old - that must have been 1989. My parents went to FLAG to do OT7 (and from there to the ship for OT8), and so I was sent to True school while they were there.

Seriously, my only memory from True School is watching some boy pull the tail off a lizard, and going on a walk with my class.
Us rabbits? DO something? - Wind in the Willows
<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:54 am

Walker, I was the same way. By the time I pressured my mother to send me to a Catholic all-girl school (which was fantastic) I was 15 years old and so far behind that I sank quickly. I didn't know how to ask for help there, and my so-called study skills from Scientology were useless. For example, I didn't know what a topic sentence was or how to write an essay. Math was a joke.

Sadly, I asked to leave before the semester was even over. I was very depressed to discover that I was so stupid (not understanding that basic intelligence had nothing to do with it). That was the entirety of my High School education. I regret it to this day. And guess what I did upon leaving? I immediately joined the Sea Org -- the only place I had a future.

[edit: that's what I thought at the time, not what was true, of course.]
<<

ImOut

OTIII

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:15 am

My daughter went to True School for about a month or two. You're right, Sandy Adair was a complete loon. I pulled my daughter from that school when she had a note to leave early and Sandy's twins (all of about 7 years old) asked my daughter if the note was a suicide note.

From there she went to A to B School. Not a whole lot better. I cussed out one of her teachers when she had my daughter doing "easy TRs" while getting auditing. Stupid idiot teacher.
Isn't it grand to be out!
<<

Walker.

Clear

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:37 am

Sandy seemed like a repressed homosexual to me, the repressed part is the bad part, not the other thing. She was always yelling about something. I was friends with her son and knew her twins well. Her twins were sort of null and void existences, her son was a cool guy. Unfortunately he became a zombie and joined the Sea Org. Who knew which came first. The problem with Scientology schools on the whole isnt as much the crappy study tech from a college flunkie (Hubbard) but the fact that they would simply hire anyone to teach or work there. What a bunch of cunty cunt flavored cunt cunters.
-Radiohead
<<

seiflein

EPFer

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:47 am

I went to True School for a couple years, at multiple locations.
I went when it was in those 2 buildings in a residential area, and I went when they had the big campus on Drew (gulf to bay).
My dad actually owned the building:P. As I recall there were 2 COs of true school, the first one got pushed out by sandy.
I have fond memories of playing "Hyla Ball", basically baseball with a soft soccerball. The days before Amos James committed his life to the RPF :P
One time in the cafeteria, I was showing off, climbing one of the support beams, and my cousin ran up, grabbed my foot and I landed squarely on my head, leaving me with a bit of a concussion.
Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
<<

seiflein

EPFer

Post Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:56 am

Oh.
Also was:
ATA in 78-79 (also day care center, precadets)
Punkin School 79
Apple School 79-81
Hogg's Hollow 82 I think
QI cadet org 83-84
Liddul Ashow (Joke Reeder's (aka Joke Reeder) school in Tujunga, later "The Desert School" outside of Barstow)
Delphi LA ??
True School
Delphi Oregon 87-88 I think
MK Hanks ranch 88-90 (paddling whaaaat?!)
Applied Scholastics 91

Total Freedom from Scientology's insanity: 1994
The most important year of my life.
Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:26 am

Well I just want to say that you Doublevee... are very intelligent, and I can tell by the depth your writing and comments exhibit. You are so well written, and the clarity of your expression is unmatched by myself and many here. You rank on the level with Jenna, and the others who started this forum. I am so impressed, and it is hard to believe what you have come through.
<<

Walker.

Clear

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:26 am

post deleted by moderator for obscenities
-Radiohead
<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:42 am

She's married and has a kid I think and I'm a little old black lady... ya punk a$$
<<

GooberGrape

Non-E

Post Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:19 am

TRUE School vet here.

Sandy Adair wasn't my favorite, that's for sure. Her son was so cross-eyed, at the time I didn't understand why no one had done anything about it. The daughters claimed to be past-life OTs but didn't seem like they were too well-behaved.

Ruta Siacunas - hated her and her daughter Kristy.

Barb Anderson - boy TRUE School just didn't realize what they had there. She should have run the place, IMHO.

Smitty - Brilliant at times but kind of weird and big ego.

What a joke that place was.
Laugh a Little
<<

arp232

Non-E

Post Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Wow..this seems like lifetimes ago. I went to True School/Delphi in Clearwater in the mid-90's, and what a joke it was. Sandy was a total ranting lunatic, I remember her, and...Trish? might have been her name? and a few others that were just not stable people(for lack of better words). I left FL with my family and moved back to NY, and boy was I behind when I started public school. I really dont think they taught us...ANYTHING.

Anyone else out here from that time frame??
<<

mrtampa

Clear

Post Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:11 am

When I was still in the FSO I oerheard some stuff - was the staff of this school decleared as they were refusing to pay the 10% of teir income to Scientology? I think they got "executed", or was it the other Scien school?
<<

GooberGrape

Non-E

Post Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:26 pm

arp232 wrote:Wow..this seems like lifetimes ago. I went to True School/Delphi in Clearwater in the mid-90's, and what a joke it was. Sandy was a total ranting lunatic, I remember her, and...Trish? might have been her name? and a few others that were just not stable people(for lack of better words). I left FL with my family and moved back to NY, and boy was I behind when I started public school. I really dont think they taught us...ANYTHING.

Anyone else out here from that time frame??

Trish was worthless. She evidently actually had a B.A. but didn't know how to do algebra or anything about history. I alway liked Colin. He seemed like a decent guy who cared about some of the kids. Although he got engaged to Trish's daughter despite her being underage...
Laugh a Little
Next

Return to Scientology Education