[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Sea Org Parents who abandoned their kids

Sea Org Parents who abandoned their kids

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Sharone Stainforth

OTIII

Post Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:00 pm

From before I turned 2 years old, I was only allowed to see my parents for an hour a day and a few hours on Sunday morning.

When turned 4, I didn't see them at all during the week, but only for a few hours on the weekend.

This continued until I was 12. When I was 12, I was moved to a different state.

I saw my parents 2 times from when I was 12 until I was 16.

After I turned 16 I saw them once a year, until I left the Church.

When I lay it out like that, it is freakin shocking!

I am so sorry that your childhood was like this Jenna. It is very shocking.
It is appalling that Scientology justifies this as being "normal", by what standard i wonder?

Comparing it to boarding school, i don't think so. Also i wonder if Scientology has actually talked to kids that went to boarding school. Some i know of hated it and felt abandoned by their parents.

I find it very hard to understand the Scientology mindset where by childrens lives are considered second to Scientology. I cannot understand how a parent does not see their child for such long periods, especially in their younger years. It dosen't bare thinking about.

I hope that you have some kind of a relationship with your parents now, although it can never make up for what you missed out on as a child. I don't know what else to say except that i hope with all my heart you are leading a much happier life now that you are out of Scientology.

For all the crimes that Scientology, LRH and DM have committed, to me the most unforgivable one is the crimes and abuse of the Scientology children.

All the very best to you Jenna, may your life now be a happy one.

Love
Sharone
the man who"wanted" to rule the world was a science fiction writer, who lived out his fantasies in real life.Some body some day will say this is illegal. It won't come soon enough.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WzE9Fzbrx3w
<<

Sharone Stainforth

OTIII

Post Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:07 pm

Imagine a world where parents all abondoned their kids and turned on their own parents... That is what scientology would create.

It would be a very frightening world indeed.

So glad you chose to be a proper Mommy and left Scientology.
Good on you.
the man who"wanted" to rule the world was a science fiction writer, who lived out his fantasies in real life.Some body some day will say this is illegal. It won't come soon enough.

<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:06 pm

You know, this reminds me of how hard it was to explain to officials of any kind that our parents weren't around.

When I was 16 I was sent alone to a hospital for a CAT scan of my lungs because I had a funky lookin xray and the doc at Shaw was worried (not Denk or Meghan, a resident who actually cared and who left shortly after). Anyway, at the hospital I waited about 30 hours, and then they said they couldn't help me because I was a minor without any adults present. They sent me to pediatrics. Pediatrics said "where are your parents?" and I tried to explain that they were out of the country (Freewinds), or maybe in Florida -- I wasn't sure WHERE they were. Either way they were out of reach. They were understandibly confused. The look on the lady's face would have been funny if I had had a sense of humor at the time.

I spent hours going back and forth, because the regular ER said they didn't care that I was emancipated, and pediatrics said they couldn't help me without parents. It was a mess. (Eventually they sent me home to PAC without any help.)

I never did mention that to my parents.
Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)
<<

Anonymous9104

OT8 Class 12

Post Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:52 am

<<

chuckbeatty77

EPFer

Post Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:22 am

Staff & Sea Org

Chuck Beatty 412-260-1170, Pittsburgh
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:10 pm

I never had a parent on the RPF but just them being in the Sea org at all was a deep feeling of being on your own. It was an empty feeling for sure.
I was taken care of by the CEO back in the day. We left then came back when I was about 9 or 10. My mom and dad had already divorced. But I will never forget that I was no longer very important to my mom when we went back. I felt more like she was burdened by having us kids. And that the Sea Org was a way so she didn't have to take responsibility for us.
The bond just got worse and worse once we joined the SO.
Finally she refused to speak with me anymore because my dad left the church (quietly) and she thinks he's an SP. Yet, he's not declared. After several years of little to no communication she called me on Christmas to say something I was hoping to hear for years and years.
It finally dawned on her that family is number one. Then she listed Scientology next...but finally she said it. She's not doing to well and isn't expected to last much longer.
I just wish she had come to that realization years ago.
"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

ex-cadet

Clear

Post Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:59 pm

in the cadet org we had to plan a strategy basicly if we wanted to see our parents when they got home (that is for the lucky ones that had them in the QI) and had to stay up till like 11 or 12 at night to see them ten minutes. They almost never got libs so you couln't see them on weekends very often, and in my case, when i left the SO my mother stayed there and then my sister got declared and i didn't disconect from her so my mother and brother left the rest of the family behind to this very day.. it's heartbraking to see my father cry over his lost son... my mother was never a good example of even a human so... i don't regret much about her... just hope she opens her mind to the truth someday.. but yeah.. most cadets were basicly orphans... :roll:
<<

mrtampa

Clear

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:24 pm

<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:00 pm

<<

Sharone Stainforth

OTIII

Post Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:21 pm

<<

Sharone Stainforth

OTIII

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:56 pm

<<

Sharone Stainforth

OTIII

Post Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:56 pm

Previous

Return to Staff & Sea Org