The Moment...

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

RLSteve

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:24 am

Jenna, reading your story about Kirsten is like reading about Professor Umbridge in Harry Potter 5! How I love to hate tyrannical authority figures!
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:38 am

Kirsten has been lieing and fucking with people for a long time.
She outright lied about me at one point. Can't give specifics yet.
"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

bosshog

Clear

Post Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:39 am

Dallas wrote:Luckily mine was the night we actually did leave.

It was about 2-4am in the Horseshoe at PAC. It was right after getting back from the airport convincing Jenna not to use the OSA paid ticket to get on a plane and leave me and the Sea Org. This I will save for another time.

Jenna was arguing with Ryan Boswell about what is on-policy and that her and I splitting up to get through our ethics handlings, was not. Then Attilla and Kirsten trying to convince me to go to the HGB alone to see Mike Rinder (who was actually already busted by this time for Jenna deciding to stay a second time under his watch.) But I refused to go without Jenna.

Finally Kirsten decided to come outside again and tell us, "You either split up or leave. It is not a God given right to be a Sea Org member." Well we had no choice so we left.

But the light bulb still hadn't gone off yet so we drove from PAC to the HGB by ourselves for recourse. We walked in the front door and the night QM was Fred Paolo who was a good friend. We called the RTC Rep FLO and Fred told us Security was calling him and he had to kick us out but he didn't know why. The RTC Rep picks up the phone and Jenna starts talking to her, she puts us on hold, and 3 security guards come up the stairs and tell us to leave. The RTC Rep comes back on and hangs up on Jenna. The guards kick us out.

This is when I decided these guys are nuts!! And if this is the top of the org board it's pointless to even try anymore. Though we had no money and little gas, I knew it was probably the best decision of my life.

That's the short version.

long version please...
<<

bosshog

Clear

Post Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:41 am

Sharon wrote:The moment for me.....

stuck in the hold of the ship, i wish i could remember how long we were there,but i can't. Time just got lost in this big void.

It was very dark down there,only one lantern to see by. Chip, chip, chipping away. Plenty of time to think as were not supposed to talk. In the end your mind just shuts down, goes completely numb.

I remember feeling cold, hungry and more miserable than i ever thought possible.The only thing that kept me going was Hana Eltringhams smile when climbing up the ladder. I didn't trust anybody any more, but that smile was my only possibility of getting off that ship.

My friend seemed to bounce back from the experience better than me, maybe it was because she had family there and i didn't. I often wondered why her family had allowed that to happen.

Hell, it was a ship mainly full of adults,we were regarded as adults in little bodies.

I did not feel like an adult.

I did not think like an adult.

I was not an adult.

If i had been an adult, would i also have justified putting children in ships holds and chainlockers. It does not bare thinking about.

I had a dream last night , guess where i was.

Hi.... sorry about what happened to you... really
<<

bosshog

Clear

Post Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:45 am

doubleVee wrote:It's funny, I can't remember this at all. I have a very clear memory of what I did after I decided to go once and for all. I know something happened to kick me over the edge. But I cannot for the life of me recall what that was. :? Of course, I lived my life in a fog of exhaustion back then. I was so tired the walls breathed and the tile floor moved up and down on its own!

I remember sitting at a desk in div 6 and staring at the phone. I wished I had somewhere to go, anyone to call, but I didn't. I thought I might try my 1/2 sister, who I knew hated my parents. She was the only person who I thought would hide me and not call anyone to pick me up. But I called greyhound and a bus ticket to Oregon cost $90. I had about $5 to my name. Plus I didn't have an address for her, just a rural post office. So I gave up. I looked in the phone book and found a teen homeless shelter that I could walk to, but I was too scared to go there. So I spent several hours eluding security while I ferreted stuff out to the parking garage across the street from main bldg (just chips and cds and a clean shirt, I think). Then I walked away. It was really scary.

But I don't know what happened to lead me to sitting at the desk knowing I was finally done. Strange.

OMG... you ferreted out chips and cds and a clean shirt and walked away?

You need a medal of valor...
<<

bosshog

Clear

Post Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:46 am

James wrote:As far as I'm concerned, you're all heroes.

I second that, and the trauma most have suffered qualifies under post traumatic stress disorder, and the US gov't should have payouts for the time, suffering and cost to lives... like is done with veterans. After all, they let this shit go on, and how can, after operation freakout and snow white, how can the IRS not get taxes? How fkd is that?
<<

bosshog

Clear

Post Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:53 am

Jenna wrote:
I would like to read the long version! I hope you'll share it someday. Smile

Here is part of the story of us leaving that I was writing for a book. It is really long and written for people who know nothing about Scientology. Also I tried to take out all the swear words but I may have forgotten some :)

Here it is:

The bumps on the ceiling of my room resembled cottage cheese as I stared at them while lying on my bed. The ceiling fan was the only thing that was keeping the room below 90 degrees. I watched hypnotically as the black wooden arms spun round and round.

My room was about 15 feet by fifteen feet. Just enough room for a bed a dresser and a small closet. My husband and I were one of the lucky enough couples to have a mini-fridge in our room which my Dad had bought for us when we got married.

I got up to use the toilet. It was located outside of our room end the end of a short hallway that was flanked by our room and the couple’s room who lived across the hall. We shared this small bathroom with them as well with the couple up the hall and the entire boy’s dorm who lived across from them which held about 8 boys.

As I stood up to go to use the bathroom I went to unlock my door. I hesitated…was someone out there in the hallway? I didn’t want anyone to see me. I didn’t want anyone to ask me questions.

I quickly ran into the bathroom and locked the door. The bathroom was about 5 feet by 5 feet with a small tub. I quickly washed my face, brushed my teeth and used the toilet. I made sure to bring all of my supplies back with me to my room because often if I left them in the bathroom, they would wind up empty the next time I tried to use them.

I put on my comfortable clothes again and sat down on my bed. I wasn’t used to wearing whatever clothes I wanted to. In fact from the age of 6 until this very day when I was 22 years old, I had been required to wear a uniform every single day.

I went to the mini fridge to get something to eat. I had some crackers with cheese and salami. I ate it and it was delicious. My husband Dallas had snuck out to Ralph’s the night before and brought it home so I could have something to eat during the day. Unfortunately this meant that he had to spend all of his pay for that week (and I hadn’t been paid in weeks), but it was worth it so we could snack on them at night. The food we were served at the base was gross. Just a few days ago when I had been there for lunch, they were serving a pan full of chicken wings that were mysteriously grayish green and practically meatless while the pan they were served in was half full of grease. There wasn’t even enough for all of the staff to eat. We all had to wait in line to get our food and there were hundreds of us. And we only had 15 minutes to get our food and eat. I just ended up eating a piece of bread with butter instead. This was normal, only rarely was the meal something the staff would eat. So most of the staff pay way spent in the Canteen, a small snack store inside the building, where they would buy microwave corn dogs or power bars. We were forbidden to go to get food at a restaurant, or the pizza shop downstairs.

So this cheese and crackers was a real treat.

When I was finished eating I lay down on my bed again. I was wondering where Dallas was. He had said he would be here by now to visit me. But there was no sign of him. This got me wondering what had happened to him. I pulled out the cell phone that I was hiding under my pillow. I dialed the number for Reception at the base. While the phone was ringing, I thought about what I was going to say when they asked me how I was calling.

“Reception” a gruff voice rang in my ear.

“Hi can I please speak with Dallas Hill”

“Who is this?” the woman asked.

“This is Jenna”

Then she asked the question I had been dreading, “How come you are calling from a cell phone?”

“Because I have permission” I lied.

“Hmm, I see” she said sounding doubtful. After a moment of pause she decided she believed me and put me on hold. Perhaps because she assumed that because my uncle was who he was, that it was possible that I had obtained some special permission.

I listened to the hold music for a while, until she came back on the line. She said that he wasn’t in his office.

“Would you like me to have him call you back?” An odd question because he didn’t have a cell phone (and even if he did, if he was caught using it, he would be in big trouble) and I knew he didn’t have a phone code. The phone system on the base would not allow anyone to call an outside number unless they had a phone code, which was not provided to the general staff. I knew he didn’t have any money because he had spent it all at Ralph’s that night so he wouldn’t be able to use the pay phone. I just told her I would try back later.

I hung up. I hid the phone back under the pillow so nobody could see it. I fluffed my pillow to further disguise it.

I tried to think about what I was going to do for the rest of the day now that Dallas hadn’t showed up. I had a laptop, but no connection to the internet as this was forbidden. Even if I could access the Internet, I wouldn’t have because the rumor was that there was confidential information on the net which if read by someone like me, I would become physically and mentally ill and needless to say I didn’t want that.

I had a few DVDs but I didn’t want to watch them because it would be unethical. Finally I just laid down and I fell asleep.

I was awaken a few hours later by a knock on the door. I was startled. “Who is it?” I demanded.

“Its Kirsten” responded a woman’s voice.

“Oh, one sec” I said, as I rolled my eyes and got up to unlock the door. I opened the door for her to come in.

She stood there with her pale white skin and her makeup-less face, her hair was pulled back into a simple ponytail, and she wore a military-style uniform complete with a name tag. She held a briefcase. I could see that she was about as happy to see me as I was to see her. But we both needed something from each other and so we remained civil.

“Can I sit down?” she asked.

“Sure” I said, as I motioned toward the bed.

We both sat down. As we sat the phone slipped out from under my pillow. She looked at the phone and looked at me. With my eyes I said, “Yes?” challenging her to bring it up to me. She said nothing. Usually I wouldn’t have been so forward, but the last week had been a particularly rebellious one for me and things had changed.

Instead of me being afraid of them, they were now starting to be afraid of me and my non-conforming behavior.

I asked her if she knew where Dallas was and explained to her that he was supposed to come to see me at lunch time. She said she didn’t know, but I could tell she was hiding something by her forced tone of nonchalance. My brother’s words flashed through my mind, “Kirsten is a liar Jenna”, but I wrote it off as my own paranoia.

She opened the briefcase and pulled out a small packet of legal size papers that were stapled together and she said, “Okay, so this is the checklist for leaving staff”.

I squirmed at the sound of the words “leaving staff”. Never in a million years did I think that I would every be the one doing the “leaving staff” checklist. Literally I had never even considered it before these last few weeks. But I took comfort in the fact that I had tried everything I could to make it work. These people didn’t even care about their own policy anymore.

She showed me the various steps on the routing form. The first step said that I was required to receive a confessional. This gave me the chills.

A confessional is a Scientology investigation procedure where you are attached to an electropsychometer which is a device similar to a lie detector or a polygraph machine. You are required to hold two soup cans so that the e-meter can detect your thoughts. There is a person who operates the machine and interprets the meter’s reading by carefully watching the motions of a needle.
You are required to answer questions while connected to the e-meter which can tell whether or not you are telling the truth.

In a confessional, the meter operator asks you about bad things you have done or embarrassing things. It usually takes weeks if not months to complete a confessional. A confessional is given in daily sessions which are usually on average 6 hours daily. I had had quite a lot of experience with confessionals (having received about 20 or so in my life) and what I hated the most is that they do not allow you to leave the room when you want to. They will physically restrain you should you try. Also they do not believe a word you say, they only believe the e-meter, so to get it over with, most people end up making up “bad” things they have done, until the e-meter is satisfied.

L.Ron Hubbard, the founder of Scientology, wrote that the only reason people leave staff is because they had done bad things which they are hiding from others. He said that taking a confessional and admitting to their actions before they leave will help them live with themselves when they leave and possibly even convince them to stay. This is why the confessional is a requirement for anyone leaving staff.

If you refused the confessional, you would be Declared a Suppressive person. To a Scientologist, being declared a Suppressive Person is equivalent to eternal damnation. It also means that you will not be allowed to have any contact or communication with friends and family who are members of the Church. It is the worst thing that could possibly happen to you.

The thought of this scared me. Of course I would go through with the confessional as I had so many times before. But I had grown intolerant and less submissive, so I knew this would be the hardest one yet.

Kirsten read the next step on the checklist which called for me to sign a bond. I asked her what that was. She explained to me that it was a document that I would be required to sign in the presence of a security guard while being filmed, swearing that I would never speak out against the Church. And if I ever violated this bond I would have to pay $10,000 for each violation. I asked her why anyone would need to sign such a bond? She told me that is what is required or else I would be declared a suppressive person. When I inquired as to where in L.Ron Hubbard’s writings, he required such a bond to be signed she told me he didn’t. I didn’t get it. I asked her why she was requiring it then. She got aggravated and told me that this was the new policy and that I was going to do it.

I didn’t like her tone or her attitude. I told her that I would not sign anything but that I would do my confessional which I had been waiting to receive for several weeks now and nothing was happening.

She burst out yelling at me stating that I was unethical and being a suppressive person because I refused to sign the document. She put the checklist on the bed, saying that I was to read it.

I went over to the bed and picked up the checklist and took it into my hands while I shredded it into a hundred of pieces and told her to get out of my room. She was shocked and taken aback. She was not used to being stood up to. I told her again to get out.

She shot me a look of disgust before she stormed out of the room all the while screaming at me that I was not going to get away with this.

I slammed the door. My face was flushed with anger. I went to the mini fridge and got a drink and ate more cheese and crackers. I still hadn’t heard from Dallas and I was getting worried.

To take my mind off of what had just happened I picked up a book and started reading it. I decided to wait until Dallas got home.

Finally at 1:30am he walked through the door. He looked tired and not particularly happy to see me. I was confused, but I didn’t want to have another argument.

Are you okay? I asked him. He said he was fine. He changed out of his uniform and laid down in the bed next to me while saying nothing. I got the idea that he was angry with me. I asked him if he was. He said he wasn’t, but I sensed that there was something different.

I asked him if he still was going to leave with me like he had promised.

“I don’t know” he said.

“What do you mean you don’t know?” I was shocked. I couldn’t believe that he had turned his back on me and wasn’t even going to say anything.

“Well I just don’t know, you aren’t really cooperating and getting through your confessional like you promised” he said.

I was taken aback. “What do you mean? You know just as well as I do that I have been sitting here for 2 weeks waiting for them to give me the confessional and they haven’t”

“Yes well that’s only because you won’t agree to finish your Scientology counseling first” he said.

“That’s right and I don’t have to. I am waiting to get my confessional, I don’t want anymore counseling, I just want to get my confessional and get out of here!”

“Well if you would just cooperate, then you could”. He said stubbornly.

“So does this mean that you won’t leave with me unless I do the counseling?” I asked.

“Well I don’t want to leave”. –an indecisive answer.

“So you are saying that you wont leave with me no matter what?”

“I don’t know I don’t want to”. He looked ashamed.

“What????? You promised me!!” , “Who have you been talking to?”

He looked like he had expected this question, but he said, “Nobody, I just don’t want to leave”.

“You are lying, who have you been talking to??’

“Nobody, I swear.”

This was the same conversation we had every night for the last 3 weeks and many nights before that. I was tired of it. So was he. I could tell that in his mind he was finished with me. He saw me just how Kirsten did, just how members saw anyone who was leaving.

We spent another few hours arguing. I finally told him that I couldn’t do it anymore. If he wouldn’t leave with me, then I had no reason to go through all of this. I had been enduring it because when I thought he was leaving with me, I didn’t want to ruin his chances of speaking to his family again. Although we hadn’t seen his family in months and never saw them for more than a couple times a year anyways because we couldn’t get time off on weekends, I didn’t want to ruin the possibility.

We were crying our eyes out while we decided that I was going to leave and he was going to stay. There was no other solution. We were both devastated, but I knew that I would not be able to keep a hold of my sanity if I stayed there any longer and we both couldn’t argue with anymore. We came to this agreement at 4 o’clock in the morning.

So I spent the rest of the night packing my bags and he helped me as we both cried. I wrote a letter to his parents, that he was to give to them, telling them that I loved them with all of my heart and asking them to take good care of Dallas for me. I packed my things, but he gave me a couple of his sweaters and boxers to bring with me to remind me of him.

The morning came and Dallas had to go to work. He told me that he would be back to see me. I feared I would not see him again.

During the day I called my Dad and told him what we had decided as I bawled on the phone. I told him that I wanted to go and live with them in Virginia. He said he was sorry and he and my mom tried to comfort me. He said he would book a flight right away.

I spent the whole day crying about it. Finally at around 8 o’clock at night, Dallas came into the room. He looked tired and out of it. We hugged immediately.

Where were you? I asked him. He hesitated and said he was just getting some work done. I saw someone standing in the door behind him. I looked to see who it was.

“What is she dong here?” I demanded. It was Kirsten, standing behind him as if she was a part of our conversation.

“Well hello to you too!” she said in a sarcastic tone as she gave a false smile.

Dallas spoke to her in a placating tone saying something on the order of, “just let me speak to her” and she hesitantly backed off as he closed the door. She waited outside.

Dallas sat down and took my hands in his. He said, “Okay, so they are going to let you leave”. I asked him what he meant. He said, that I was going on a plane tonight that they paid for, to go to my parent’s house and I didn’t need to get a confessional.

“Are you coming?” I asked hopefully.

“No” he said. We both looked at each other, our current situation coming to us all at once and we both started crying. I wasn’t ready to say goodbye to him. Even though I couldn’t stand to be in this place a minute longer, I couldn’t imagine how I could get through this with Dallas left behind. I loved him and he had taught me so much. I had tried everything to convince him, but I couldn’t. It was my biggest failure of all.

After a few minutes I got up and grabbed my luggage and we started leaving through the door. I asked him if he would at least take me to the airport. He looked uncomfortable, but he promised me that.

We walked out the door and Kirsten said, “Are you ready?” I looked at her and was just annoyed that she could enjoy the fact that she was splitting up Dallas and I. I hated her.

“Was Dallas with you today?” I asked her.

“No, I have no idea, he just told me he was studying scriptures, but I don’t know” giving an uncertain look.

Dallas just told me that he had been working. I looked at her face and saw that she had just made it up on the fly and was looking at Dallas to confirm her lie. Dallas just looked away.

“You are such a liar! My brother was right about you, you are a total fornicating liar!”

Knowing that it was too late, I just kept walking. She didn’t seem too keen to get into it with me because I would be gone in a short time anyway.

We walked through to the end of the hallway, when we reached the stairway landing they both paused. She gave Dallas a “you know what to do now” look. Dallas pulled her aside and said that he wanted to take me to the airport. She got angry and said, “No way! You just put her in a cab and this is done with!”

I overheard this and I was furious. I started screaming at her. “Who the f*** do you think you are? This is not up to you! This is the last time we will ever see each other again and you think that you can say no? You are an evil b****!!”

Finally after Dallas pleading and convincing her and making several phone calls to whoever it was directing her actions, she said that Dallas could drive me, but she had to be in the car at all times.

I wanted to disagree but Dallas stopped me and told me that he didn’t want me to ruin this chance.

We got into the car. Dallas drove and I sat in the front seat. Kirsten sat in the back seat in the center so she could make sure to invade our privacy as much as possible. Both Dallas and I were holding hands and crying the entire way to the airport and telling each other how much we would miss each other.

When we arrived to the airport there was still 2 hours before my plane left. I had already checked in my luggage. Dallas and I sat on a bench and were hugging and crying trying to steal our last moments together.

We were sitting on the bench when Kirsten came up and coldly said, “Ok Dallas, we need to get going, I need to get back to work”.

This flipped my lid. “ Get the f*** out of here you insensitive b****! Do you have to get back to work to go ruin someone else’s life? This is the last time Dallas and I will ever see each other again. You will be getting what you want in a few minutes so for now you can get lost!!!”

“Stop making a scene, this is horrible PR for the Church!” she whispered dangerously back to me.

“DO I LOOK LIKE I GIVE A FECES?”

She walked away reluctantly, she had no choice. PR was the most important thing to a Church member, especially someone who worked in her department, “External PR”.

I sat down and Dallas and I continued hugging. I thought about the situation but I just couldn’t bear the thought of leaving him. I just couldn’t.

I stood up and told him I had to make a quick call. I called my parents.

“Dad, I can’t get on the plane. I love Dallas and I can’t leave him. I just can’t”. I expected my Dad to be angry, he did sound disappointed, but he also sounded like he understood and it was the first soothing voice I had heard in a long time. Then I hung up.

I walked back over to Dallas and I said, “I can’t leave you here, I don’t know what they will do to you when I am gone. I love you so much, that I can’t leave and I don’t want to be without you”.

Dallas looked shocked and all of a sudden hugely relieved. He gave me the biggest hug ever. He said, “So you are going to stay?” and I said yes. We talked about me staying for a minute and he agreed to help me to make things better if I stayed.

Then he told me to come with him. He pulled me around the corner to outside of the airport to a corner where nobody could hear. He took my hands in his and he said, “Jen, I need to tell you something…”

“I have been meeting with Kirsten and Mr.Rinder the last couple of days”. They told me that if I left I would never see my family again. They made me promise not to tell you I was talking to them because otherwise they would have separated us earlier.” He proceeded to tell me that they had made him submit to a confessional. They had prevented him from coming to see me during lunch. They had him shacked up in a board room and they were telling him that I wasn’t cooperating and that I was no good and that that my family was no good to convince him to leave me.

My mouth dropped, I knew it.

But I couldn’t believe that anyone’s heart could be so black. My Dad had warned me and I knew what they were capable of, but I wanted to believe that they were good at heart.

Dallas looked back at me waiting for me to say something.

Before I had a chance, my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID, it said “KIRSTEN”………

Oh my gosh.. that is phenom... wow Jenna, AMAZING... I am hooked.... especially with that last bit, 'the hook', for real! I mean I am rambling here incoherently... where is the rest of this story / book? This is your ticket Jenna... go with it. It will be functional art, killing 2 birds with one stone, it will allow you to be heard and validated, thanked, appreciated, open and get this off your mind, as well as help prevent others from joining... it's all we could ever ask for you...

Love you
<<

Kaos

Clear

Post Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:09 pm

A book, a book now dammit!

I once pm'd chaotic about you all writing a book. I admit it was for a selfish reason, I felt that if you did then people other than those of us who search this info out on the internet would discover the truth.

I'm fairly certain that if you ladies actually did write one it would have more impact than earlier books have. And what better way to prevent other victims from joining as well as causing a decrease in scientology's finances?

I doubt that I could ever understand your fears in writing and publishing such a book, I'm not an ex, but I hope you do so very soon.
Anonymous? That'll leave a mark!
<<

Kookaburra

Non-E

Post Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:47 am

Jenna wrote:
I would like to read the long version! I hope you'll share it someday. Smile

Here is part of the story of us leaving that I was writing for a book. It is really long and written for people who know nothing about Scientology. Also I tried to take out all the swear words but I may have forgotten some :)

Here it is:

.................snip..............

But I couldn’t believe that anyone’s heart could be so black. My Dad had warned me and I knew what they were capable of, but I wanted to believe that they were good at heart.

Dallas looked back at me waiting for me to say something.

Before I had a chance, my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID, it said “KIRSTEN”………

Moar, moar please!!!

Jenna, this is going to be a great book, and a great service to mankind.

Go for it, girl!
Ex Sea Org Info and Help
www.exseaorg.com
<<

SnowyR

EPFer

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:03 pm

I remember while I was growing up, I was always talking to people about how amazing Scientology was. Like, "It's so amazing! It can make you a thousand times better and you'll never get sick..."

As I grew older I became much more innertwined (like we all did) and talked about Scientology and how incredible this stuff was, all the time. Then one day I was eating my only meal that day with a friend at two in the morning and I was talking about how amazing it was like I always did and she calmly asked, "What has it done for you?" It took me two seconds to think and then I looked her straight in the eyes and said, "Nothing." And suddenly I wasn't a Scientologist.

I wish leaving, and then leaving it all behind was as easy as my answer was direct!
<<

James McGuigan

Ghost in the Machine

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:11 pm

During my time studying the KTL/LOC full time at St Hill, I was often the target of recruiters. Eventually one of them managed to convince me to sign a billion year Sea Org contract. At first it seemed like the right thing to do and I was happy about it. However after I had got home and slept on it for a night, I realised something profound.

I knew that if I joined, I would last 6 months. After that time one of two things would happen, either I would refuse to conform the Sea Org control structures, which would be totally unacceptable to the Sea Org, or that I would truly conform, which would be totally unacceptable to myself as an individual.

So the next day I wrote a letter to my recruiter explaining why I could not join the Sea Org and apologized for wasting his time.

Also this was one of the premature catalysts that lead me start questioning the absolute nature of Scientology. If Scientology is perfect, then how come I am not comfortable joining its elite organization.

So in a sense I managed to leave the Sea Org before I even started.
Freedom is a choice. Choose to be yourself, choose to speak your truth and do so with compassion. And above all else, choose to be not afraid. If I can't dance, its not my revolution.
<<

SnowyR

EPFer

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:32 am

Wow Jenna, I wish the story continued! Definitely keep writing.

PS. I think it's really important to keep writing since you're not the only one who went through what you did. Nor will you be the last if nothing is done!
<<

DRE

OTIII

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:37 am

Jenna, if you need help writing, I volunteer my services. I doubt that you and Kristen will end up having a brutal catfight on board a flying saucer the way I planned for my fanfiction's Scientologist heroine and her OSA nemesis once upon a time, but I'm sure the story will be no less exciting and interesting. Truth is always better than fiction anyway. 8)
<<

Scarf

EPFer

Post Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:06 pm

Part 2 Jenna

Please?
And yes, write the book.
I'll buy it. Hell I'll advertise it all over MySpace and Facebook!
Now these three things are for always: faith, hope and love, and the greatest of these is love.
<<

ex-cadet

Clear

Post Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:28 pm

Well the topic is a year old but it's an interesting question so...

My time was inside a session... it was a handling were u analyse ur realtionship with every dynamic i really don't remember what the name is... u just start with dinamic one and start analyzing how u are in that dynamic, then u pass on to #2 and so on... it was when i got to the family dynamic that i started seeing how outside my family was dying and new family was born and basically i didn't know nothing about my family at all anymore and that it had become a closed circle between my mom, sister, my sister in law and my brother. That was all, i had a huge family when i was a kid and suddenly it had crushed into peaces... since then i started suffering about it and trying to commit suicide over and over again but just ending up with various cuts in my arms that never actually were deep enough as to kill me... my sister would always ask what happened and i'd get away with saying the cat scratched me or that i fell from my bike or something of that sort... after hearing that it was the cause of emidiate expulsion i told a cadet about it and sooner or later the coordinator tortured her into saying what was going on with me cause i kept blowing course and well.. i got kicked out. Like many have said, that's the short version about it.
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
<<

wiseman_of_the_watchtower

EPFer

Post Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:16 pm

A Wise Decision

My MOMENT was broken into 2 parts. First I blew the Sales project, Later I realized I had no reason to stay.

In July 2007, the Basics Evolution had begun. This was the huge push to sell a $3500 package of LRH books and lectures to every single Scn.

The devotion to making $$$ in this Basics Evolution was so heartless and off purpose (Ref: HCO PL STAT PUSH), and went against my idea of helping people. This was international, and I couldn't isolate who had been responsible for this STAT PUSH. It seemed to come from CMO, but I didn't really know whether this was command intention, or if it was a twisted version of what Int mgmt wanted to happen.

I managed to avoid this Sales frenzy for a while, but in 2008, they set up a computerized call centre and expected every SO member to call public over and over, and hard sell these Basics, regardless of the problems that the public were facing, and ignoring other LRH solutions that could actually help them.

So I blew the call centre first. I wrote a letter expaining that it was off-purpose and seriously upsetting people. The letter just went into my comm-ev as evidence.

Then, I realized that there was an extreme degree of control exerted on all SO members, and I would have to become an unthinking robot in order to remain a member. I refused, and the time eventually came where they let me go.
The price of escaping may be everything. I know. But when it feels like nothing is left, remember the only thing you need is to believe in yourself.
Adam Holland, Toronto - 647-608-7336
Sea Org member for 2 years, left in Apr 2009
<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:08 am

Wow, it is amazing how they keep pushing this stuff on people with no consideration for the upset it is causing. It even caused you to blow. Thanks for telling us this part of your story. It further confirms that Scientology's undoing will ultimately be itself!
Previous

Return to Staff & Sea Org