CMO EPF

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

sheetmedal

Clear

Post Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:48 pm

CMO EPF

I was never in CMO, but I've had several friends over the years that were or are in CMO.

One thing I always wondered -- and it's "confidential" as far as I know -- is what the CMO EPF is all about, and what it's like.

Does anyone here have some detailed experience with this from which they could describe?

And are there actual policies saying CMO people can't associate with "lower orgs?" Does anyone have an experience of this putting stress on an existing relationship?

I'm sure there are other questions, but let's see where this goes.
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:40 pm

The CMO EPF is all about doing the CMO execs laundry and cleaning their rooms.
I know of no reference saying you can't talk to lower org staff but what do references have to do with what is actually done in real life in the Sea Org? You don't socialize with lower level staff because it lowers your "ethics presence" (pressure that a person can get into trouble if they don't do what you ask). It was always frowned upon by the execs.

Same really goes with any upper management org. I ran into someone I knew from Int and asked the person how they were doing. The person looked around and told me what their post was........in other words, the person didn't want to talk to me.
True story.
"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

sheetmedal

Clear

Post Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:54 pm

That is so lame.
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:14 pm

You have to be HCO (Hubbard Communications Office) qualified to be in CMO. That's why there are so many kids, because most adults are not HCO qualified.
Imagine a 14 year old giving you orders. :lol:
"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

outlander

OT8 Class 12

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:54 am

I did the CMO EPF and was a Messenger.

When I did it, we were trained to look after LRH, primarily in doing his laundry and cleaning to "LRH Standards". Once there was concern that LRH was coming back (when he was still alive), so we had to do all his laundry. It had to be hand washed, with special detergents and no odor and rinsed dozens of times in fresh water, litterally dozens of times. I remember being up all night, bewildered because I had rinsed a shirt for him, a new shirts, just laundered by someone else, 20 or 30 times, and the senior could still smell soap, so I had to keep rinsing, I don't think I got a product after 5-6 hours, so they send me to do something I might be able to accomplish successfully.
Create that of your life that which you would like to see in a changed world. Ghandi
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:59 am

outlander wrote:I did the CMO EPF and was a Messenger.

When I did it, we were trained to look after LRH, primarily in doing his laundry and cleaning to "LRH Standards". Once there was concern that LRH was coming back (when he was still alive), so we had to do all his laundry. It had to be hand washed, with special detergents and no odor and rinsed dozens of times in fresh water, litterally dozens of times. I remember being up all night, bewildered because I had rinsed a shirt for him, a new shirts, just laundered by someone else, 20 or 30 times, and the senior could still smell soap, so I had to keep rinsing, I don't think I got a product after 5-6 hours, so they send me to do something I might be able to accomplish successfully.

That was the old days.
He was a picky ass old fella.
I heard a story from his personal chef that he could taste the dust from the counter top in his bread. :roll:
<<

Amy

Clear

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:44 am

cmo epf

I was in the CMO and did the EPF twice.

There is an issue called the CMO DOs and DON'Ts that does state not to fraternize with anyone outside of CMO. A new rule came out right before I left that you can't have a 2D with anyone outside of CMO, which leaves virtually NO options in an org with usually 2 boys to 8 girls.

Another main point besides the laundry and cleaning standard was something called "Messenger TRs" where you learn to give commands, remember orders, etc. They are pretty good and useful but I'm afraid turned most of the CMO into robots who barked orders.
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:49 am

Re: cmo epf

Amy wrote:I was in the CMO and did the EPF twice.

There is an issue called the CMO DOs and DON'Ts that does state not to fraternize with anyone outside of CMO. A new rule came out right before I left that you can't have a 2D with anyone outside of CMO, which leaves virtually NO options in an org with usually 2 boys to 8 girls.

Another main point besides the laundry and cleaning standard was something called "Messenger TRs" where you learn to give commands, remember orders, etc. They are pretty good and useful but I'm afraid turned most of the CMO into robots who barked orders.

OMG, I forgot about the Messenger TR's. I just remember them being a bit brutal and rude.
I don't remember any do's or don'ts. And that 2D rule definately wasn't there when I was. :shock:
Last edited by Iknowtoomuch on Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

outlander

OT8 Class 12

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:17 am

Amy,

Shit, I forgot about the messenger TRs too!

We didn't have the selective breeding program in force in the "old days". Besides, almost all of the good looking girls were married, shortage of women back then ... slim pickings! Back then it was more "if you can catch them, you can have em!
Last edited by outlander on Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Create that of your life that which you would like to see in a changed world. Ghandi
<<

outlander

OT8 Class 12

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:18 am

know too much ...

You tellin me I am old?!

Actually, I believe I do have the distinction of being the oldest ESK, actually born and raised in Scientology on this board.
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:16 am

outlander wrote:know too much ...

You tellin me I am old?!

Actually, I believe I do have the distinction of being the oldest ESK, actually born and raised in Scientology on this board.

If you were in CMO when Ron was around, I'd have to say....yes. :(

Although I was on staff when he died. I'm not exactly a youngster.
<<

dt2000

Clear

Post Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:19 am

Yea I have done the CMO EPF 2 or 3 times too.

The Do's and Don't's came out in the 80s sometime I believe and do specifically prohibit "messengers" from "fraternizing". And yeah, the messenger TRs were useful in some cases but as Amy said did pretty much turn you into a robot.

I had people commenting on my "CMO walk" 4-5 years after I was out of the CMO haha.

That is crazy that you can no longer marry anyone not in the CMO. Who is anyone to say who you can and cannot marry???? Wow.
<<

Jenna

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:15 am

Yeah I did the CMO EPF as well. We would do the laundry (and fold and put away) of CMO executives such as Jenny Devocht and Angie Blankenship and also RTC staff such as Ann Rathbun and Elsie Tucker as well as clean their rooms, make their beds, clean their offices and put together elaborate snack platters for them (at Flag).

You had to achieve "passes" on your work in order to graduate the CMO EPF. So you had to get a pass on your Laundry skills (getting out armpit stains, etc), your ironing skills (making sure the creases were perfect and no railroad tracks) and your cleaning skills.

We would also clean the cars of executives. One time, me and my friend Luisa were on the CMO EPF together at Flag when we were like 14 and a certain RTC Rep (Alon Barramm) thought we took too long to clean his car, so he had us separated and forbidden to work together.
<<

TheWiseOne

Clear

Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:21 pm

I don't know about that 2D CMO rule being true, cause when I was in, I remember my friend Julie's sister was in CMO, and she was dating a boy from AOLA, they would always hang out in the stair well. She seemed like a sweet girl. If you ask me, there was one particular girl in CMO who was an outright nasty to me, scrutinizing me for ethics chits, but other than that, everybody else from in there, I never had any outright negativity from.

I was amused at the fact that a lot of the young people would dress like J.Crew and Abercrombie models, when out of uniform.
<<

mrtampa

Clear

Post Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:32 pm

They look at you weird if you are in CMO and if you go out with someone "from a lower org". You basically should not even trying to be friends with them or get close to them. One of the things hat makes up ethics presence is being inapproachable, mysterous - so that is why I guess.

Return to Staff & Sea Org