My Journey Out Of The Scientology Trap

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Neo

Non-E

Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:25 am

My Journey Out Of The Scientology Trap

I have written about my Scientology experience on a blog for those interested. There's a bit of reading involved (sorry!), but I think it can be of benefit to many people.

http://scientologytrap.blogspot.com/

Neo
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:25 pm

Holy crap! THANK YOU for going to the media. The truth is the truth.
I read the rest of your story as well.

"They approved the CSW, but asked me to come in for "four or five hours per week", to keep contact in with the group. I agreed. I was receiving a lot of assists. It was probably the most auditing I had received in Scientology, except maybe the Objectives. I still don't know if the assists did much for me. They didn't do anything bad, from my perspective. I remember thinking that they were putting me more in PT. Then I remember thinking Scientology is fucked. More than I had though so before. I've wondered if the assists helped with that cog. Irony smiles on me from time to time."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I never got anything from assists. If I did, I don't know what it was.
Fing amazing how they treat someone who's had a heaart attack. But not surprising in the least.
I'm very happy you are doing much better and leading a better life Neo! 8)
"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

LronIsgonE_Snap

Suppressive Person

Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:10 pm

Thanks for putting your story out there, Neo. I look forward to reading all of it. I just read Part 1.

The last thing I remember seeing was the bright light of the operating room as the Anesthetist did his job. I was out for over 10 hours. Maybe more, I no longer remember. Amongst all the grogginess there is one thing I do recall. Being told they had to remove all of my right lung. The morphine took the edge of the bad news.

This was the beginning of my Scientology experience, because this is what put me in the frame of mind where I felt I needed what Scientology was offering.

It is easy to see how going through something this traumatic would put you in a highly vulnerable state and cause you to seek out help from unconventional sources. I didn't go through anything like this, but I too was in a very vulnerable state when I decided to find out about Scientology. That's probably true for many, probably the majority who weren't born into it or pushed into it by their parents.
Enjoy your life today,
For time is fleeting.
<<

LronIsgonE_Snap

Suppressive Person

Post Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:35 am

Neo, when I came to Part 2 of your story, I couldn't stop until I had read your entire blog. That's unusual for me. I commend you for your integrity and genuine ( as opposed to Scn ) sense of ethics, for your participation in the TV program about children working as Scn staff, and for writing a powerful blog about your experiences with Scn.
Enjoy your life today,
For time is fleeting.
<<

Neo

Non-E

Post Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:27 pm

Thanks guys for taking the time to read and comment on my story. I have edited it slightly. Added a new introduction.

Neo

Return to Staff & Sea Org