[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - Pigs Berthing

Pigs Berthing

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

ExSciFag

EPFer

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:11 pm

Pigs Berthing

<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:55 pm

<<

Jenna

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:11 pm

<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:21 pm

<<

ExSciFag

EPFer

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:24 pm

<<

everfree

Clear

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:47 pm

<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:11 pm

<<

Jenna

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:57 pm

<<

leereyno

Clear

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:34 am

Scientology: Proof that evil is not merely the absence of good.
<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:00 pm

When my husband and I first got married there were no rooms available. We spent a week living in a storage room half filled with storage with no windows. We slept on a mattress on the floor. When we did get a room, it had a shared bathroom with three other rooms, no working light, no shower curtain. The window in our room had a broken pane and it was never fixed. So regular berthing was pigs berthing, pigs berthing was much worse.
Also, for a while at the HGB anyone who was in lower conditions was ordered to eat their meal in the emergency stairwell. When it was discovered they could get in trouble for fire safety violations, they moved it to the trash room. I remember eating in the trashroom, I can still smell it.
Last edited by astra on Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Sharone Stainforth

OTIII

Post Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:45 pm

Speaking of smells.

Back on the ship, i'll never forget how shocked i was at the dormitory berthing. I had to go and get someone out of bed. It was bulk head to bulk head with beds,barely enough room in between to walk. Stale body odour hit me as i walked in.It was very basic, i can't remember how many beds to one dorm,at a rough estimate i'd say at least a dozen,possibly more.

Sure made me realise how lucky i was to have a cabin that i shared with one other girl. We even had our own sink.Luxury compared to the majority of the crew.

Sharon
the man who"wanted" to rule the world was a science fiction writer, who lived out his fantasies in real life.Some body some day will say this is illegal. It won't come soon enough.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WzE9Fzbrx3w
<<

Thalkirst

EPFer

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:21 pm

Ex Sea Org member
My blog about SO and Scn abuses in Hungarian: http://objektivszcn.blog.hu/
<<

OnMyOwn

Non-E

Post Mon May 12, 2008 12:45 am

Pigs Berthing

Well, let's no forget the other circumstances pig's berthing has been dished out for. Circa 2007 at FSO an entire department was assigned to pigs berthing for at least a week simply on account of failure to live up to assigned quotas, nothing whatever to do with how we kept up our bedrooms.

I was able to "escape" this but only by virtue of having to work 2-3 hours later than anyone else, thus missing the police-musters set up to round up would-be sneak-offs.

I could never agree with the pigs berthing concept in the first place, and this adventure above was one of a series of events that actually lead to my realization that enough is enough and I got out.

More later...
<<

Public Clammer

OTIII

Post Mon May 12, 2008 1:44 am

Pigs berthing

Hi Leerymo - you've made my day! You were there and remember the '94 earthquake. I'd responded to some introductions and mentioned it but no one seemed to believe there was a 'quake then except Grundy. I had a car there in the parking lot and we used it to warm up the freezing kids and let them make cellphone calls to tell family/friends that they were OK. I think we were on the 7th floor too - had recently been moved from a much better room on a lower floor (about a dozen or so of us) and I was seriously pissed about that.
Anyhow, living in the lap of WOG luxury now, I can laugh about it and hope that all that crew is doing well wherever they are.
The BS drills to do that damn christmas display were seriously FU'd to my taste. Hated it. Also, I think I got the world's worst haircut from one of the ITO outer org chicks around that time. Luckily, hair grows.
Did we actually get under the tables at the HGB for the aftershocks, or is that my imagination? Whatever, it broke the monotony of trying to write O/W's. That was serious dev-T in my book.
We did live in a rather piglike fashion - but, in truth, we had some good times too.
I was, and am, very fortunate. And may good fortune smile on you! But then, it already has - you woke up too!
The Public Clammer!
<<

moshek

Non-E

Post Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:13 pm

Hotel Corona

<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:07 am

Yes I remember the "pigs berthing" label and the "Nothing to do with Me Club". I never had either assigned to me, most of us girls were pretty uptight about the cleanliness of our berthing and we were all in HCO so we had to "set the example".

After I got married we didn't get a berthing for over 6 months. When we did, it was 1/2 a room with a piece of drywall thrown up dividing the one window in half and down the middle of the room. The second berthing we got was actually hella awesome, with a loft bed that gave us more space and an actual deadbolt on the door.

We NEVER had access to a bathroom other than that shared by the rest of the floor. When I was on the 2nd floor of Main Bldg we went up to the 6th floor to access the one bathroom there, and same when in 2D berthing. So did everyone else in Main Bldg. And no one was assigned to clean it, either, so it was truly horrible. I wanted to tackle it sometimes but with no help and no cleaning supplies it was kinda impossible.

Broken windows, broken doors, exposed subflooring, this was all totally normal. After a while you don't see it anymore.
Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)
<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:12 pm

<<

doubleVee

Forum Moderator

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:35 am

Somebody has to speak for these people.... no more running. I aim to misbehave.... If you can't do something smart, do something right. (Serenity)

Return to Staff & Sea Org