Reports bred distrust

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

ChaoticPsychotic

OTIII

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:07 pm

Reports bred distrust

This is a thread I started over on ESMB but since it seemed to be good food for thought I figured I would put over here in this forum too.

I noticed over the years that I have a major problem with trusting anyone.

I finally came to the conclusion that having had countless "reports" written up on me, I was never safe. I could not confide in my best friend like a normal teenager. If I did it would inevitably end up in my ethics file. I could not fart without being written up. I could not get a "look" from a man without being written up for 2d flowing.

I got busted several times for reporting on senior execs. I would get in trouble and sometimes sent to the decks after an o/w write-up. I was even instructed to write KRs on myself on many occasions! I would love to read my ethics file now.

It is really rather ludicrous if you think about it. How can you ever form an adequate bond with other human beings without the fear of making a human error and then being written up for it? How could it ever be expected that the Sea Org would be composed of a functional group of people when you could never trust anyone???

Raise your hand if you experienced this!

Now if I could only overcome my trust issues...
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently" - Nietzsche
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:40 pm

This was particularly true for me at school. Actually, I only became best friends with the two people there who would never report me for telling them things.

I found I couldn't trust anyone at Delphi except these two girls, and I never dated a Scientologist after I turned 14 because I was afraid they'd write us up for fooling around or something.

One time, my mom wrote me up for something that I had specifically asked her not to say anything about. I was put in a liability condition, and on the part where it asks you to "decide who your friends are", I wrote, "My friends are people who keep my secrets".

And that remains true today.
<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:16 pm

Tru2form wrote:I was put in a liability condition, and on the part where it asks you to "decide who your friends are", I wrote, "My friends are people who keep my secrets".

And that remains true today.

Well, the only secret I knew was your name, and you pretty much kaboshed that as a secret. But you know mine and keep it to yourself, so I loves ya! :iluvyou: :rockon:
<<

bosshog

Clear

Post Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:00 pm

Re: Reports bred distrust

ChaoticPsychotic wrote:This is a thread I started over on ESMB but since it seemed to be good food for thought I figured I would put over here in this forum too.

I noticed over the years that I have a major problem with trusting anyone.

I finally came to the conclusion that having had countless "reports" written up on me, I was never safe. I could not confide in my best friend like a normal teenager. If I did it would inevitably end up in my ethics file. I could not fart without being written up. I could not get a "look" from a man without being written up for 2d flowing.

I got busted several times for reporting on senior execs. I would get in trouble and sometimes sent to the decks after an o/w write-up. I was even instructed to write KRs on myself on many occasions! I would love to read my ethics file now.

It is really rather ludicrous if you think about it. How can you ever form an adequate bond with other human beings without the fear of making a human error and then being written up for it? How could it ever be expected that the Sea Org would be composed of a functional group of people when you could never trust anyone???

Raise your hand if you experienced this!

Now if I could only overcome my trust issues...

These reports you are talking about, are they just written on a blank piece of paper, or are they a formal outline? I mean, how does / did one write a report. In the CoS book on Ethics, it shows a million different kinds (ok of course that is an exageration, but there are several types)... is this that you refer to a basic knowledge report? And do you just write out the offense, whatever it is? What if you got the information confidentially or unethically, will it pose any validity? Are ALL reports investigated, for public and private members alike?
<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:02 pm

From what I remember a KR could just be a statement, written as precisely as possible, of something you observed or even heard, signed with a "this is true" at the bottom. The irony of it is that most KRs I wrote were based on rumours, haha.

During my time in the KR war-zone of Flag and True School, KRs mostly seemed to be a way for kids to seem "in-etchics" by reporting "out-ethics" on other people. I sure used it this way. The truth is I that when I was there I was seen as one of the worst kids at Flag in terms of trouble-making, and I used to write KRs on other kids to get myself in better standing with Ethics so that my parents would not get in trouble.
"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
<<

Iknowtoomuch

Suppressive Person

Post Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:36 pm

Once I realised that KR's do two things I stopped writing them.

1. Caused even worse problems between a couple staff members because they were NEVER handled properly.

2. Nothing. Most of the time a KR was written nothing ever happened. Quite literally. And if something did happen, refer to #1 above.

So it became pointless.
"Everybody has a right to believe what they want to believe. But I don't believe that anybody has a right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm some body, for their own purposes." - Jason Beghe
<<

mrtampa

Clear

Post Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:36 pm

my experience - sometimes it was needed to sentence a dude as his/her statistics were bad. They could not find anything in the person's ethics file, so they said - by tmrw we need everyone to write KRs on this guy because it is impossible that he/she is so in-ethics if stats are down and it is all needed for a com-ev. So we had to write up everything even from 10 yrs ago on that dude so he could get demoted or may be sent to RPF. This happened quite often....
<<

CherryTree

OTIII

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:05 pm

KRs were never investigated if the contents is true or not as far as I remember...
just when you thought it's all wrong it proved otherwise

Return to Staff & Sea Org