[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - going "exterior", the power of suggestion

going "exterior", the power of suggestion

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:06 pm

going "exterior", the power of suggestion

I remember when I was about 6 or 7 and we still lived in the UK. My mom took me to Saint Hill for some auditing. After one of my auditing sessions, I went running off down a hill and fell and hurt myself. My mom told me that I must have gone "external" - left my body, as a result of the session and that is why I fell. She would regularly bring this up through my childhood as the time "Astra went external". This had quite an affect on me because none of the auditing I ever had really had any positive result for me. I would wonder why it didn't work on me, but then always think back to the time I supposedly went external which would make me think that it must work.
The power of suggestion is a scary thing....
Anyone else been told they went external?
Last edited by astra on Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

RLSteve

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:29 pm

I thought it was called, "Going exterior." Was it also called "external" as well?

I only finished Grade 0, but I never went exterior in the sense where I could see my body below me. There were times in session, though, where I kind of felt "outside my body," but I certainly never "flew outside my body." Whenever I told my auditor this, my auditor would tell me my needle was floating.

I guess you really only enjoy auditing if you keep a positive attitude about it. I always thought, "This is helping me get rid of all my charge, I am gradually, bit by bit, eradicating my reactive mind." I went into Scientology wanting help. I always felt unconfident talking with other people, at least my peers, and I felt like I never got the product of Grade 0. The truth is, Grade 0 just didn't work. But I will say that while I was getting my auditing, because I had a positive attitude about it helping me for the most part, I generally felt more confident around other people (but only while I was getting auditing every day).
<<

WrongPlaceRightTime

EPFer

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:30 pm

hmmm

<<

astra

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:22 pm

[quote="RLSteve"]I thought it was called, "Going exterior." Was it also called "external" as well?

Yes they did call it going exterior. I guess I mixed up external influences and going exterior. I'm starting to forget some of the lingo, I'll consider that progress!
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:40 am

<<

ExSciFag

EPFer

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:37 pm

Nothing like gross evaluation to screw a person up..

I have gone exterior many times. Never hurt myself in the process. Like WPRT I also had many "flying" dreams, and ventures in to the upper and lower worlds (as Shamans describe them).

Despite the nice bright shiny machines, this society is extremely ignorant on the subject of spirituality. Hubbard was extremely well read in this area....unfortunately he became a crutch mentally for his followers.

And a pretty lame crutch at that....
<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:38 pm

"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
<<

MLWilde

Clear

Post Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:06 pm

So - is going exterior just another name for ?

This can happen during deep meditation and during lucid dreaming. Children often do this spontaneously (i've always been a lucid dreamer and have experience with astral projection).

Also that buzzing that another poster mentioned is a stage in astral projection ... that is what happens right before you actually move "out of your body."

A little unrelated but EFT might be a great therapy for any Ex-Scns to try. It's free, easily learned, may complement things/ideas in Scn that you miss and it's been highly successful in post traumatic stress situations.

www.emofree.com
<<

Spork

Clear

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:17 am

My exterior experience

<<

breezy

EPFer

Post Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:57 am

<<

beth (aka moontaco)

Clear

Post Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:13 am

<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:19 am

"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
<<

Orderous

Suppressive Person

Post Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:39 am

The most important thing to learn about Life, the Universe, and Everything, is firstly; the answer is 42, and secondly; how utterly ridiculous it truly is

Return to Your Story