[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Ex Scientology Kids • View topic - I was born into Scientology.

I was born into Scientology.

Moderator: doubleVee

<<

Alexander

Non-E

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:23 am

I was born into Scientology.

As the title says, my grandmother got into Scientology when my mother was in her late teenage. My mother was my grandmothers favorite child, she introduced her to Scientology. Where they both stayed untill they would die.

My story is of such nature that I cannot really say something bad about Scientology other than that they "forced" my mother and grandmother not to go to the hospital, not by words or force merely their system of ignoring and so on.

My grandmother was on this lecture for like 10-20 hours where she had to go to the restrooms, but she was to afraid of leaving the room since not a single person left the lecture during this time, so shes starting to get really sick when she really needs to urinate. And boom after this she starts to feel bad in the stomach and so on, refused to see a doctor. Eventually when it was to late she was diagnosed with Cancer, I bet you can tell where. Now they both believed that CoS would cure them miracuously, no mather what kind of disease they would counter.
(I think the lecture was on that big fucking boat...)

So my grandmother died in a matter of months. Leaving no inheritance since she obviously gave all her money to the church, she was not rich but my grandfather was and when they separated she got the house and everything, so she was stacked according to the CoS, wich they totaly exploited.

My mother got infected by HIV, even after my grandmother died she didnt believe in hospitals and ignored her disease. It wasnt untill she got really sick that she got forced by familymembers to see the doctor. Her diagnose gave her like 3 months or less. She died from excessive blood cluts (wich is supposedly wery common in AIDS deaths)

At this point I was 7-8 years old, lost both my parents and my grandmother, my family who didnt really like none of my parents. Didnt really care about me when I was adopted other than on some of my birthdays or christmaseve.
But I asume that is a part of some peoples life, and you have to accept the fact that there is other people having more problem ex. people who got traumas caused directly by the CoS wich I have not..

My first years in the daycare was in a scientology kind, ive heard that its not a big thing about it despite when someone gets hurt you should leave him alone and be quiet. Wich I didnt like, I rather wanted my best friend close to me when im hurt. Eventually when I was like 5 I wanted to stay at a "normal" daycare wich my mother allowed me to do, iam very happy that I was a thinker of my own at that age...

I would really like to hear others opinion about the daycare of scientology, if there is some kind of hidden agenda. Beacuse I do actually picture myself as the scientologys when they approach criticsism. Their "I do not know how to behave" Maybe its not a scientology symptom but im just curious.

Best regards /Alexander.
<<

Tru2form

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:50 am

What an amazing story, Alexander, and welcome to our boards!

First of all, let me say that I am very, very sorry for your loss.

I'm sorry to hear that your family was negatively effected by Scientology's suspicion of medicine. It's sad and also interesting to note that although Scientologists say that Scn doesn't cure disease, and their PR agents say that sick Scientologists are encouraged to seek treatment, Hubbard's general attitude of disgust with the medical profession has prompted many to shun treatment. :cry:

I remember Scientology daycare! Though I was only there for a very short while.

Honestly, if I remember correctly, my mom pulled me out of that daycare because it was disgusting. The floors were filthy, there were cats everywhere (I'm allergic), pee on the floor was not cleaned up for hours. I don't blame Scientology for that, but rather the individual person who ran that place, and my mom pulled me out as soon as she saw that it was like that. Not that she ever discussed with my why she didn't take me back there, but I can only assume that was why.

Again, I never experienced physical abuse in Scientology in terms of beatings. My parents never struck me, and neither did anyone at my daycare.

But I do remember that Scn daycare is different from other daycares. Scientology school is like that, too:

If someone hurts themselves, everyone must immediately shush up, and go completely silent. It's the same as the silent birth thing. You don't want to give that person an "engram" (a sort of implanted negative experience), because ElRon says that when you're experiencing pain, anything that is said around you can cause an engram.

So it was always wierd to me, even at that young age (and later in Scientology school) that as soon as you heard someone yell, or start crying, everyone would go completely silent. I mean, especially during sports time - you'd get 100 people in the gym, and someone falls down, and the whole room goes dead quiet.

Then the person would do a "contact assist" (also called a touch-back). All Scientology kids know this one. Apparently, the way to get rid of pain is to
re-enact the injury. So you'd like, bang your elbow or something, and then the entire room would go totally silent, and you'd lightly re-bang your elbow (not so hard that it's painful) over and over until the pain went away.

I have NEVER had pain miraculously go away from one of these assists. I would just say "okay, it's gone". And then everyone would go back to doing what they were doing. But the pain never went away from the actual assist, it just... went away because it had been 5 minutes or whatever.
<<

Alexander

Non-E

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:27 pm

<<

RLSteve

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:47 pm

<<

Grundy

Sticky Master

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:31 pm

<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:04 pm

There are literally thousands of cases of Scientologists dying of serious illnesses. Cancer being the most common.

I have such a case in my family. My parents divorced when I was too young to remember and my mother met another man on staff. He became my step father.
It turned out he had cancer, and had had it for a long time. He was terrifyed of the medical industry and indeed a True Believer in Scientology.

In Clearwater, there was a Scientology doctor that set him up on a vitamin program(!) that was supposed to cure him. I don't know if there was any logical reasoning behind that whatsoever. Besides, he was OTIII and by that point one is supposed to be free of the Reactive Mind, right? But no, he still hated doctors and was scared to death of hospitals.

Of course, the vitamin treatment didn't work and he ended up on Chemotherapy. He was not allowed on Service at Flag and when the severeness of his illness became physically apparent, he was not allowed on Base.
He hung in for a long time but eventually he died after a lot suffering and pain, leaving my mother in huge debt.

His family (mother and father) always felt it was Scientology that had killed him. My mother always insisted that was false and distanced herself from the rest of his family, meaning I lost contact with my step-siblings that I grew up with.
"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
<<

SRJ

EPFer

Post Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:50 am

<<

stillinclearwater

EPFer

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:32 am

<<

Holden Caulfield

PTS Type III

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:47 am

"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."
<<

AnonyMozart

Clear

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:39 am

Scientology, how about that? You hold on the the tin cans and then this guy asks you a bunch of questions, and if you pay enough money, you get to join the master race. How's that for a 'religion'? - Frank Zappa
<<

RLSteve

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:01 am

<<

RLSteve

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:12 am

<<

ATAkid

EPFer

Post Sat May 17, 2008 5:55 am